Frequently Asked Questions by Regarding Current Affairs
How many months of current affairs do I have to read?
Well, Looking at the question Pattern of SSC Exams, Candidates should thoroughly go through the current Affairs of Last 1 Year prior to the date of examination. Current affairs of Last 3 - 4 month before the exam is not be escaped at any cost. Around 80 - 90% of the current affairs questions are asked from the last 1 year. Although there are chances that you might see questions from 2 years back but then you have got others subjects to prepare too. So, to be safe just revise current affairs of last one year.
You must revise important government schemes and campaigns of last 2 - 3 years because more often if questions are asked from 2 -3 years back current affairs chances are that they might be asked based on government schemes.
What is the weightage of current affairs questions in the SSC CGL and SSC CHSL Exam?
Looking at the latest SSC Exams question pattern, generally, balance between the static GK and Current affairs keep shifting. In some of the shifts candidates are asked as many as 8 - 10 Current Affairs shifts whereas in other shifts, there were only 3 - 4 current affairs questions only. So, we can expect 5 - 6 Current Affairs questions on an average, i.e. almost 20% of the general awareness section.
How should I prepare for current affairs?
- International News
- National News
- Awards and Honors
- Books and Authors
- Sports and Events
- Government Programmes and Policies
- Famous personalities and Person in News
Some Tips to prepare current Affairs
- Solve Previous Years Papers
- Focus More on the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam
- Solve Daily Current Affairs Quiz
- REVISION OF IMPORTANT POINTS
Check the detailed Preparation strategy for current affairs here: How to Prepare Current Affairs for SSC Exams 2021?
How to Make Current Affairs Notes?
Students sometimes struggle to remember all of the key elements since, before the exam, they receive a slew of notes that are tough to maintain in their small brains. Here are some pointers to help you make current affairs notes.
- You should acquire a notebook and take small notes every day, but don't write everything down. A half-page is plenty. Make a list of the most significant elements that you believe will be covered in the test.
- Discuss significant news with your pals on a daily basis since conversation makes things simpler to recall, and you will quickly learn everything in the test.
How to read Newspaper?
- Daily, read the editorial page of the newspaper and note down any English terms you don't understand and look them up in the dictionary. This will also help you enhance your vocabulary.
- You should avoid reading Bollywood news because it is irrelevant to your exam.
- Focus on world events, environmental concerns, science and technology articles, multipurpose projects, and most importantly, jot down significant information in your notebook.
- Because you can't memorize current events in a single day or month, read them on a regular basis, debate them with your friends on a frequent basis, and revise. Do not be panicked.
Should I study current affairs daily or study current affairs 1 month before SSC examination?
Is it even possible to memorize all the important current affairs of last 1 year in 1 month that too, month before the exam? Even if you complete reading current affairs of last one year in last one month, you won't be able to revise the current affairs. This way you won't be able to memorize current affairs and will eventually lead to confusion in exam hall. To memorize current affairs, students are required to revise the current affairs regularly.
- It is better too study current affairs daily and practice current affairs quiz daily.
- If you don't want to read daily, atleast revise bi-weekly current affairs PDF provided by BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- You can also revise Monthly Current Affairs questions in PDF
Which YouTube channel is the best for current affairs in the SSC CGL?
You should follow BYJU'S Exam Prep Youtube Channel for the current Affairs Live session daily. Not only current Affairs, other important Exam updates and study tutorials are here at BYJU'S Exam Prep Youtube channels. The Best part is BYJU'S Exam Prep has two youtube channel, one for English Medium student and the other Hindi Medium Candidates.
Following are the direct links to BYJU'S Exam Prep Youtube Channel
BYJU'S Exam Prep English Youtube Channel: Gradeup: SSC JE, RRB JE, AE & Other State Exams:
BYJU'S Exam Prep Hindi Youtube Channel: Gradeup: SSC एवं रेलवे की परीक्षाओं के लिए
BYJU'S Exam Prep Current Affairs Study Material 2021
Bi-Weekly Current Affairs 2021 PDF: Click Here
Monthly Current Affairs 2021 Hindi and English PDF
All the Best!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
More From Us:
SSC Success Batch: A comprehensive 10 Months Foundation Course | Batches Available in English and Hindi
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections
So why wait? Update your app right away!