In this beginner's Strategy to crack the Bank exams, you will come to know the best strategy as well as tips for clearing the Preliminary and Mains phase exam. There is a learning process of this entrance exam involving various steps. The arduous efforts are needed to get through the exam as the exams are getting tougher every year owing to the increasing number of candidates joining the competition.
If this is the first time you are attempting for the bank exams, then this article will help you know how to start competitive exam preparation from scratch. We have covered the best ways of learning and understanding the crucial topics so that you won't feel stressed out under the pressure of the whole syllabus of Aptitude, Reasoning, Maths, General Awareness, English, and Computer Knowledge. Here we are discussing the beginner's strategy and study plan to Crack Banking exams 2021.
Every year a number of banking exams like SBI PO, SBI Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB PO & Clerk, RBI Grade B, RBI Assistant, and other banking exams are conducted. This strategy will be helpful to prepare for every banking exam. If you are a beginner then must go through this article.
Beginners Strategy to Crack the Bank Exams
Follow the strategies mentioned below in order to avoid a hard time covering all the topics of different subjects for the Bank exams 2021 exam:
1. Know the complete syllabus: Before you begin preparation, make sure to know what topics you need to cover. Then by knowing the weightage of each topic, you can start focusing on them accordingly.
2. Create a well-organized timetable: When you have a vast syllabus to cover, making a timetable is a must. this will eliminate the chances of skipping imp topics. Divide your timetable equally for each subject or as per the skills and ability you possess for each section. This will help you cover almost everything.
3. Repeated revision: Even if you have completed your revision for any of the topics/Sections or for the whole syllabus, it is mandatory to re revise your syllabus or stuff for banking exams. This will keep everything fresh in your mind and you will be able to recall things more easily.
4. Make sure that your concepts are clear: It is important to have clarity of the concepts before starting any topic/chapter. Make sure you clear all the basic concepts to have a good hold on the important topics required to learn.
5. Learn to manage your time efficiently: This is another important thing that every bank exam aspirant should keep in mind. You may come across certain questions in the exam which you might be knowing how to solve but if you know that it will take more time, then skip them and attempt all the questions which are less time-consuming. This will help you attend a maximum number of questions and then at the end, if you are still left with some time, you can try solving those lengthy questions quickly and accurately.
6. Mock tests are a must thing: Once you are done with your revision part, it is necessary to examine what you have learned so far. Take a mock test to analyze your revision, work on your weak parts and improvise on them. This will reduce the chances of making mistakes during the exam.
Beginners Study Plan for Banking Exams 2021
Note: This study plan will be updated every Thursday. So keep visiting regularly.
Subject-wise Preparation Tips for Bank Exams
- We have observed a drastic change in the level and pattern of the English section in the past years, so don’t take this section for granted.
- Go through all the grammar rules from Wren & Martin's book and try to understand them. Do not try to cram the rules. Just go through them with solved examples and automatically those rules will feed in your mind.
- Read English articles on daily basis. You can prefer The Hindu or the economic Times. Try to note down the new words in a separate note to revise later.
- Continue this process and revise the written words regularly.
- Focus on cloze test, fillers, sentence correction, spotting error chapters.
- With consistency and persistent effort, you can easily score around 25 in this section.
- Topics of this section are quite easy if you know the underline concepts and you have practiced them thoroughly.
- Practice 2-3 puzzles on daily basis. On exam hall, choose the puzzle with the lesser number of variables.
- Focus on syllogism, inequality, order & ranking, coding-decoding, direction distance, and blood relation chapters as these chapters are relatively easier and easy to solve in the exam hall rather than solving time-consuming puzzles.
- This section requires some basic concepts initially. After understanding the basic concepts, you need to solve as many sectional tests as possible to be master in this section.
- This section requires only practice and imagination power.
- In the initial days focus on remembering squares up to 40, cubes up to 20, tables up to 30, fraction to a percentage, and percentage to fraction conversion up to 1/25.
- Also, try to know some Vedic tricks and rules for faster calculation in the exam so that you can save time and invest more time on the miscellaneous questions and in the difficult questions.
- After this, start covering basic and fundamental chapters like number series, quadratic equation, average, ratio proportion, percentage. These 3 chapters are applied in almost every arithmetic chapter. So first try to know the deep concepts of these 3 chapters.
- After this, you can go for time & work, partnership, time speed distance, mixture allegation chapters.
- Practice different types of data interpretation sets like bar graphs, tabular DI, etc.
General Awareness :
- For many students, this section is a nightmare. But with proper planning and revision, you can easily score 80% in this section.
- For current affairs, cover the last 4-5 months CA Capsule from BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- For static GK, follow Lucent GK book.
- For banking awareness, follow BYJU'S Exam Prep study notes, quizzes, Wikipedia, and RBI FAQs website.
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.