Every year a number of banking exams like SBI PO, SBI Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB PO & Clerk, RBI Grade B, RBI Assistant, and other banking exams are conducted. This strategy will be helpful to prepare for every banking exam. If you are a beginner then must go through this article.
Beginners Strategy to Clear the Bank Exams
Follow the strategies mentioned below in order to avoid a hard time covering all the topics of different subjects for the Bank exams 2022 exam:
1. Know the complete syllabus: Before you begin preparation, make sure to know what topics you need to cover. Then by knowing the weightage of each topic, you can start focusing on them accordingly.
2. Create a well-organized timetable: When you have a vast syllabus to cover, making a timetable is a must. this will eliminate the chances of skipping imp topics. Divide your timetable equally for each subject or as per the skills and ability you possess for each section. This will help you cover almost everything.
You can practice questions asked in Bank exams with the Bank Test Series designed by the experts of BYJU'S Exam Prep.
3. Repeated revision: Even if you have completed your revision for any of the topics/Sections or for the whole syllabus, it is mandatory to re revise your syllabus or stuff for banking exams. This will keep everything fresh in your mind and you will be able to recall things more easily.
4. Make sure that your concepts are clear: It is important to have clarity of the concepts before starting any topic/chapter. Make sure you clear all the basic concepts to have a good hold on the important topics required to learn.
5. Learn to manage your time efficiently: This is another important thing that every bank exam aspirant should keep in mind. You may come across certain questions in the exam which you might be knowing how to solve but if you know that it will take more time, then skip them and attempt all the questions which are less time-consuming. This will help you attend a maximum number of questions and then at the end, if you are still left with some time, you can try solving those lengthy questions quickly and accurately.
6. Mock tests are a must thing: Once you are done with your revision part, it is necessary to examine what you have learned so far. Take a mock test to analyze your revision, work on your weak parts and improvise on them. This will reduce the chances of making mistakes during the exam.
To watch concept classes and chapter-wise sessions by exam-qualified experts, you can try our Bank Online Coaching.
Beginners Study Plan for Banking Exams 2022
There are many exams lined up in 2022 such as SBI Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB, etc. To make yourself ready for all the hurdles you need to have an effective study plan. We are sharing here the 3 months study plan on weekly basis to help you prepare for the bank exams in 2022.
|WEEK||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language||GA/Banking Awareness|
|History Of Banking In India|
Tables up to 20
|Direction distance||Types Of Bank Accounts|
|Adjective||Banking structure in India|
Percentage-fraction conversion up to 1/20
|Types of cheques|
Revise squares and cubes
|Monetary Policy of RBI|
Subject-wise Preparation Tips for Bank Exams
You should understand how to tackle each section separately during the preparation phase. To help you in this regard, we have shared the subject-wise preparation strategy for the upcoming Bank exams of 2022.
- We have observed a drastic change in the level and pattern of the English section in the past years, so don’t take this section for granted.
- Go through all the grammar rules from Wren & Martin's book and try to understand them. Do not try to cram the rules. Just go through them with solved examples and automatically those rules will feed in your mind.
- Read English articles on daily basis. You can prefer The Hindu or the economic Times. Try to note down the new words in a separate note to revise later.
- Continue this process and revise the written words regularly.
- Focus on cloze test, fillers, sentence correction, and spotting error chapters.
- With consistency and persistent effort, you can easily score around 25 in this section.
- Topics of this section are quite easy if you know the underline concepts and you have practiced them thoroughly.
- Practice 2-3 puzzles on daily basis. In the exam hall, choose the puzzle with the lesser number of variables.
- Focus on syllogism, inequality, order & ranking, coding-decoding, direction distance, and blood relation chapters as these chapters are relatively easier and easy to solve in the exam hall rather than solving time-consuming puzzles.
- This section requires some basic concepts initially. After understanding the basic concepts, you need to solve as many sectional tests as possible to master this section.
- This section requires only practice and imagination power.
- In the initial days focus on remembering squares up to 40, cubes up to 20, tables up to 30, fraction to a percentage, and percentage to fraction conversion up to 1/25.
- Also, try to know some Vedic tricks and rules for faster calculation in the exam so that you can save time and invest more time in the miscellaneous questions and in the difficult questions.
- After this, start covering basic and fundamental chapters like number series, quadratic equation, average, ratio proportion, and percentage. These 3 chapters are applied in almost every arithmetic chapter. So first try to know the deep concepts of these 3 chapters.
- After this, you can go for time & work, partnership, time speed distance, and mixture allegation chapters.
- Practice different types of data interpretation set like bar graphs, tabular DI, etc.
General Awareness :
- For many students, this section is a nightmare. But with proper planning and revision, you can easily score 80% in this section.
- For current affairs, cover the last 4-5 months of CA Capsule from BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- For static GK, follow the Lucent GK's book.
- For banking awareness, follow BYJU'S Exam Prep study notes, quizzes, Wikipedia, and RBI FAQs website.
This preparation strategy and study plan can be helpful for the following exams:
Name of the exam
How to clear Bank Exams 2022?
- You should be abreast of the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Go through the previous year's question papers to understand the level, pattern, and types of questions asked.
- Understand which are the important chapters.
- Go through the basic concepts through the standard books available on the market.
- Practice mock tests and analyze your strong and weak areas.
- Focus on your weak areas and practice strong chapters on a regular basis.
If you are aiming to clear SBI PO/IBPS 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.