For the students preparing for their upcoming board examination or banking examination, having a strong knowledge of the English language and literature is very important to score well in their exam. In recent years, the competitive examination pattern has changed a lot and is now more focused on MCQs types. Match the column topics for bank exams can test a student's ability and help them prepare for more challenging conditions. Match the Column section is not only an important topic in English literature but also holds a lot of marks that are required for a candidate to pass his/her banking exam.
Match the column questions that are recently introduced not only for banking examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk Mains, SBI, RBI examinations but also in other Government examinations.
What is "Match the Column"?
Match the column questions are given in two separate columns with fragments of a sentence in both the columns. A candidate appearing for SBI, RBI, IBPS exam, etc. should read all the sentences given on both the columns and have to figure out the sentence by matching these fragments. The sentence should be grammatically and contextually correct and should make sense. Aspirants should carefully mark the correct answer or can choose "None of the above" if the correct answer is not mentioned in the column.
Tips to Solve Match The Column Questions
There are few Match The column Tricks for bank exams available that you can keep in mind to prepare yourself to do well in your exam.
- First of all, prepare a list of all your syllabus not only for English literature but for all subjects and make a schedule to give time to each subject equally.
- Study all old and recent topics on Match the column problems for bank exams that are not in your book, make a note of important issues, and practice them regularly
- Study all the subjects topic wise from the latest question banks, study materials, and online resources and also focus on all Match the Column topics for bank exams that have been repeated over the years
- Solving previous years sample papers as solving them provides an idea about the pattern of questions in your exam.
Importance of Match The Column Questions in Banking Examination
- Match the Column provides an objective task to candidates to get to find out the correct match that will make a complete answer, a candidate will be given 5 options displaying the sequence of answers with the phrase.
- Match the column questions provides the best gain of knowledge where there are various names, dates, time, etc.
- It provides a great amount of flexibility and accuracy to score well in the exam.
- Comprises questions from history to recent studies or events.
- The section is time-saving compared to lengthy answers
Most Recommended Books for Match the Column For Bank Exams
Here are some of the most important books for Match the column according to students who have successfully cleared their banking examination:
- Topic-wise solved papers by Disha Publications
- Descriptive General English by Wren and Martin
- Word Power by Normal Lewis
- Objective English by Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha
Why Prepare Match The Column from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides all-in-one solutions for all your doubts regarding not only in English literature but also for various other subjects for candidates preparing for any Government examination. Through BYJU'S Exam Prep aspirants can participate in multiple activities such as taking part in online quizzes and can solve online questions. BYJU'S Exam Prep provides a well-detailed topic wise explanation of all the subjects in an easy way, from various highly trained professional teachers. You can get access to the complete Match the Column syllabus for bank exams. BYJU'S Exam Prep provides a perfect platform for students where they can find previous years' sample papers, study materials, PDFs with the exam-related latest information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to solve Match The Column questions quickly in my bank exam?
- Solve or practice questions as much as you can either by Match the column questions and answers banks exam solutions or participating in various Match the online column tests for bank exams online. You can also download Match the Column pdf for bank exams that are available on BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- Prepare a list of recent and important topics and make easy notes on Match the column formula for banks exams that you can easily remember in the exam and practice them regularly.
What are the best practices for Match the column questions in the examination?
- Read the questions carefully before attempting.
- Make sure no item is matched more than once to the other item on the next column.
- Try to connect your answers according to the alphabet, chronology, grammar, theme, and manner so that they look interconnected.
What is the best ‘match the column’ test for banking?
Ans: The best match the mock column test for banking examinations is provided by GradeUp. These test series are specifically based on previously asked questions from banking exams throughout the years. The coaches are highly trained professionals with years of experience and will also provide you with all Match the Columns questions and answers pdf for bank exams to prepare yourself for the test.
Are study materials helpful in Passing banking examination?
Ans. Yes, even though studying all your main textbook is sufficient but reading various study materials and questions banks allows you to have a stronghold on the subject with knowledge on patterns of questions that usually comes in the exam.
Is it possible to clear the bank exam in one attempt?
Ans: With ample amount of practice and by making Match the column notes for bank exams with equal time distribution to all the subjects can help you clear your exam in the first attempt itself.