If you have not applied or have not performed well on the GATE Exam, it is not the end of the road. It is crucial to understand that both GATE and non-GATE hopefuls have numerous options. They can also apply for several options below that hold separate exams with a course that is nearly identical to the GATE syllabus.
Some PSUs like NTPC, ONGC, SAIL, BHEL, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, IOCL through GATE Score, and many other PSUs like BARC, BEL, HAL, MECON, ISRO, NIELIT, ECIL, state jobs, and central jobs are recruited based on separate exams. For preparing for all government exams after B.E/B.Tech, the GATE syllabus will be sufficient to crack.
Here is a list of government enterprises (PSU recruitment) that can publish job openings without a GATE score.
List of PSU Jobs Without GATE Score after B.E/B.Tech
- AAI (Airport Authority of India)
- AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)
- BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre)
- BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited)
- BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards)
- Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited
- BSF (Border Security Force)
- C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing)
- Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)
- Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trade Marks(CGPDTM)
- CPRT (Central Power Research Institute)
- CRPF Inspector Recruitment
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited(DFCCIL)
- Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission
- ECIL (Electronics Corporation of India Limited)
- Engineers India Limited
- Engineering Services Examination (ESE)
- Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation Limited
- Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)
- Hindustan Newsprint Limited
- Hindustan Paper Corporation Limited
- HLL Lifecare Limited
- Housing & Urban Development Corporation Limited
- HSCC (India) Limited
- India Tourism Development Corporation Limited
- IBPS SO
- India Trade Promotion Organization
- Indian Army
- Indian Coast Guard
- Indian Navy
- Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC)
- Indian Rare Earths Limited
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)
- Metro Rail Corporations (DMRC, NMRC, BMRC, etc.)
- MMTC Limited
- MSTC Limited
- National Fertilizers Limited
- NMDC Limited (ET Recruitment)
- PEC Limited
- Power Finance Corporation Limited
- Punjab Police Intelligence Recruitment
- Reserve Bank of India
- Research jobs in IITs, and Other centers in India
- RRB JE
- SBI SO
- SCIL (Shipping Corporation of India Ltd)
- SSC JE
- State PSCs (UPPSC, APPSC, TNPSC, etc.)
- State-wise electricity boards (UPPCL, BSPHCL, MAHAGENCO, etc.)
Eligibility Criteria for PSU Recruitment without GATE
Each organization has its own set of criteria for deciding whether or not a candidate is qualified. The candidate must not only pass the examinations, but also meet the educational qualifications, age limitations, and other criteria.
The following are the essential eligibility requirements for candidates without a GATE score who want to work at a PSU:
- A minimum of 60% in B.Sc., B.Tech., or B.E.
- Depending on the PSU, the maximum age limit goes from 21 to 30 years. For reserved categories, the age limit is lowered.
- After successfully qualifying for the PSU's recruitment test, The PSU will also evaluate the candidates based on the following interview.
- Candidates with a master's degree in engineering, technology, or science have an edge.
Recruitment Process of PSUs without GATE
Check out the brief overview of the recruitment process of PSUs without a GATE Score. The detailed selection procedure will be released by the respective PSUs with the recruitment notification.
GD + GT
Salary Structure for PSUs
We've provided a preliminary estimate of salary for public sector employees in the table below.
|Coal India Limited (CIL)||Maharatna|
|Steel Authority of India (SAIL)||Maharatna|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)||Maharatna|
|Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)||Maharatna|
|Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited(NLC)||Navratna|
|Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)||Navratna|
|Oil India Limited (OIL)||Navratna|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)||Navratna|
|Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)||Navratna|
|National Mineral Development Corporation Limited (NMDC)||Navratna|
|Power Finance Corporation Limited||Navratna|
|National Aluminum Company Limited (NALCO)||Navratna|
|Mazagaon Docks Limited (MDL)||Mini-Ratna|
|Airport Authority Of India Limited (AAI)||Mini-Ratna|
|Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)||Mini-Ratna|
Level 10 of the Pay Matrix
– 7th CPC (Rs.56,100/-)
|Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited||Mini-Ratna|
PSU Job Perks and Benefits
The most important component of working in the public sector is not just the work and compensation, but also the perks and benefits, which more than compensate for the lower wage compared to huge private enterprises. PSUs have a number of benefits, including:
|PSU Job Perks and Allowances|
The following articles are useful for preparing for the GATE Exam:
If you are preparing for ESE/ GATE or other PSU Exams, then avail Online Classroom Program for ESE and GATE:
Attempt online mock tests of ESE & GATE 2022 at BYJU'S Exam Prep to improve the exam score in all disciplines.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App