IES/ESE 2022 Exam Pattern
The ESE exam is held in 3 phases
- The ESE Prelims Exam is the first stage of the selection process.
- The total mark in the ESE Prelims 2022 exam is 500 marks.
- Paper I is common to all the candidates while paper II will have questions from the core engineering subject.
20th February 2022
|26th June 2022|
Will be notified soon.
Last-minute Revision Tips for ESE Prelims for Mechanical Engineering
- Studying unexplored mechanical engineering topics in the last week is not advisable because new subjects require some additional time, resulting in a loss of time.
- One may not grasp complete concepts, which exerts additional pressure; therefore, utilize this time for effective revision instead of new topics.
- Keep the current affairs ready for paper -1 also with the technical knowledge.
1. Formulae Should be on Fingertips:
- Revise all the formulae and main concepts and consolidate them in your mind.
- Short notes, including all the necessary formulae and key concepts of each subject, should be at your fingertips.
- To revise the formulae, attempt as many short questions as possible.
2. The Strategy Should be Analyzed Before Examination.
- Solve previous year papers or mock papers and analyze time management and accuracy for the examination.
- Try to prepare the strategy to be followed in the exam based on the mock test result,
3. Strive for a Positive Attitude:
- Mock test outcomes should never depress candidate and their desire to succeed, so try to be optimistic and have self-belief.
- Candidates should try to put their most pleasing effort till they achieve the expected results.
4. Do not Ignore Your Health:
- After extended hours of practice, light music or meditation provides great relief from stress so Keep yourself physically fit with gentle exercise and warmups.
- All preparations should be carried out during the daytime to avoid late-night studies.
- You can follow the study plan for ESE technical and Non-Technical Subjects.
Subject Wise Revision Plan for Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
- Engineering mathematics: The section has maximum arithmetical questions. The main aim of this portion is to test the students' ability to understand complex concepts of mathematics.
- Applied Mechanics and Design: Mechanics application to complex situations are mostly asked in the exam. The branch explores the response of bodies or systems under external forces, so numerical is this is most asked.
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences: This subject has a lot of numerical and long numerical. So practice the previous year's short questions and revise the formulae.
- Materials, Manufacturing, and Industrial Engineering: This is an important section in the exam and has maximum weightage in recent years trends of ESE ME exam weightage.
- General Aptitude: For Current Affairs and General knowledge, revise your notes and check the important events of at least the last 1 year from online resources like youtube, etc. This will give you enough material to score more in this section.
If you are striving for success in GATE & ESE, Other PSU Exams. In that case, you must test BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program to get unlimited access to all the live structured courses and complete mock tests from the subsequent links:
Click on the Links Below to Avail Test Series: