GATE Score and Interview Criteria After GATE
Many career paths like M.E/M.The GATE exam provides Tech, PhD, fellowship programs, jobs in top India PSUs, or flying abroad for foreign studies are provided by GATE exam for engineering aspirants.
PSU jobs are among the best options suited for them based on their preferences and career goals. The final goal will be landing a job in one of the top Indian PSUs for many candidates who will sit for GATE 2023. However, a good GATE score is a prerequisite for a PSU job, and it's not the only thing to take you to the finish line.
A good GATE score is necessary for every PSU job, and the top Indian PSUs that conduct interviews include NFL, BHEL, and RFCL, to shortlist the candidates based on the GATE score. But the final selection mainly consists of interview performance and GATE score. The weightage for the GATE score for the Interview in many PSU companies is 80:20.
Important Things to Remember For PSU's Interview
If they plan for an interview for PSU, the GATE aspirants have to know everything inside out of the company, like the profile, facts and figures, prospects, and much more. A few things to remember are as follows :
- The company's accomplishments possess any leader, project, or coalition.
- The pay scale and service level agreement about the job profile offered.
- See the website of the PSU and skim up on all the recent archives, news, and accomplishments.
Sample PSUs Interview Questions
Here are a few sample questions for aspirants to prepare and practice in order to build confidence before the interview round. Candidates can expect the similar questions in the interview session for PSU recruitment:
- Can we buy happiness with money?
- Govt should have some restrictions on media or Not?
- Explain RLC filter?
- Explain speed control of induction motor?
- Explain the transients that occur in the power system?
- Explain the working of the fan regulator?
- Explain the working of a synchronous generator?
- Explain the working of tunnel diodes?
- For what value of the ratio arms ratio gives maximum Wheatstone bridge sensitivity?
- Give an example of dependent & independent sources?
- How is a circuit said to be linear?
- How does a diesel engine work?
- How does a railway collision device work?
- How is the bourdon tube used to measure pressure?
- How do you check the conductivity of gases?
- How do you define resistance & resistivity?
- How do you design an anti-theft car system?
- How do you select base values in per unit calculation?
- How does a motor drive sometimes cause the failure of motor windings?
- How does the microwave work?