IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023
The main highlights of IOCL recruitment through GATE 2023, like recruiting body, disciplines, online application date, and last dates, have been shared below. Candidates can refer to the table below for all major updates.
|Recruiting Body||Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)|
Chemical Engineering (GATE 2023 code: CH)
Civil Engineering (GATE 2023 code: CE)
Computer Science & Engineering (GATE 2023 code: CS)
Electrical Engineering (GATE 2023 code: EE)
Instrumentation Engineering (GATE 2023 code: IN)
Mechanical Engineering (GATE 2023 code: ME)
Metallurgical Engineering (GATE 2023 code: MT)
GATE 2023 Scorecard
|Number of Vacancies|
To Be Released
|IOCL Application date begins on||To Be Updated|
|Last date to apply online for IOCL recruitment||To Be Updated|
The full form of IOCL is Indian Oil Corporation Limited. IOCL is the energy of India, which spans the entire hydrocarbon value chain, from refining to pipeline transportation and marketing to crude oil and gas exploration and production, petrochemicals, gas marketing, alternative energy sources, and downstream globalization.
Check out the video provided below to know more about IOCL and the recruitment notification released by officials.
IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023: Short Notification
Officials have released the short notification, which can be seen in the image below.
The detailed notification will be released soon by the officials.
IOCL Vacancy Through GATE 2023
Authorities have not released the IOCL vacancies through GATE 2023 scores in its official short notification. However, IOCL will recruit candidates from the following engineering disciplines. We will update the branch-wise vacancy details here once it is released on the official website of IOCL.
|Discipline||GATE Paper Code||No Of Vacancies|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Will be Updated|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Will be Updated|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Will be Updated|
|Instrumentation Engineering||IN||Will be Updated|
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Will be Updated|
|Computer Science Engineering||CS||Will be Updated|
IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply. Applicants must have appeared and qualified in GATE 2023 from any eligible discipline. Check the points below to know more about eligibility criteria.
- IOCL has advertised for the following disciplines, i.e., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.
- Candidates in their last year of degree examination are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates qualified in GATE 2023 from any other disciplines (common to the original branch or attached to an original branch) shall only be accepted towards eligibility for the advertised post if qualified for GATE in these branches.
Educational Qualification for IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023
Candidates should have a Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Engineering with full-time regular courses from Institutions colleges recognized by AICTE or UGC. Candidates who have completed or pursuing M.Tech in any discipline are also eligible to apply.
Candidates pursuing Integrated M.Tech, where different degrees for BE or M.Tech are awarded, are eligible only if they have completed ME/ M.Tech.
Note - Such candidates who have both BE/B. Tech and ME/M. Tech degrees will also be eligible to apply.
Minimum Marks in Qualifying Degree for IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023
Candidates should have secured the following minimum marks in the qualifying degree examination.
|Category||Minimum % Marks|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ PwBD||55%|
Upper Age Limit for IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023
The maximum age limit for IOCL recruitment through GATE 2023 for general and economically weaker sections (EWS) category candidates is 26 years as of 30th June 2023. Other Age relaxations are as follows.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit shall be available to respective categories below, in line with the Presidential Directives.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) is 3 years & SC/ST is 5 years, whereas for PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disability), 10 years.
- Cut off age limit for different categories for IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023 is as follows.
Eligible Branches for IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023
IOCL will recruit candidates from the following engineering branches mentioned below in the article. The branch-wise eligible branches are shared below, along with the GATE code or paper codes in which they have to appear.
Engineering Discipline in BE/B.Tech
Eligible GATE 2023 discipline
Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Rubber/ Oil/ Paint Technology/ Surfactant Technology/Ceramics Engineering etc.)
Chemical Engineering GATE Code - CH
Civil Engineering (excluding construction / Environmental/Transportation Engineering etc.)
Civil Engineering GATE Code - CE
Computer Science & Engineering (Including Information Technology Engineering but excluding Information & Communications Technology etc.).
Computer Science GATE Code - CS
Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics Engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Power Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering etc.)
Electrical Engineering GATE Code - EE
Instrumentation Engineering (including Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering etc.)
Instrumentation Engineering GATE Code - IN
Mechanical Engineering (excluding Automation/ Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engineering & Technology, Mining & Machinery/Marine Engineering/ Robotics/ Welding etc.)
Mechanical Engineering GATE Code - ME
IOCL Selection Procedure For Recruitment Through GATE 2023
Candidates who qualify in GATE 2023 in the respective discipline will be eligible for shortlisting if they meet the eligibility criteria. In addition, candidates shortlisted will have to participate in Group Discussion (GD), Group Task (GT,) and Personal Interview (Personal Interview) for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude, and aptitude.
The final merit will be prepared discipline-wise. The candidates must secure 40% marks in GD/GT and Personal Interview to be considered for the merit list.
IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023 Application Form
The apply online link for the application process will be made available on Indian Oil's website after the declaration of the GATE result. In addition, candidates should have the following documents ready for uploading online during registration:
- A scanned copy of the recent color passport-size photograph should be not older than 6 months.
- A scanned copy of the signature of the candidate should be available.
- Aadhar Card of the candidate.
- Before applying online, the candidates must register their email id and mobile number on the online portal.
IOCL Recruitment Through GATE 2023 Salary
Candidates selected as Engineers will receive a starting Basic Pay of Rs. 50,000/- per month and shall be placed on the initial pay scale of Rs. 50,000 - 1,60,000. In addition, selected candidates will also receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances according to the rules of the Corporation in force.
The gross valuation of remuneration to the company will be about Rs. 15.20 Lakhs per annum, including performance-related pay, which varies, depending on posting, etc.
Job Profile, Role, and Responsibilities
Selected applicants from IOCL recruitment through GATE 2023 may be posted in any Division/Group of Indian Oil. In addition, candidates can be posted anywhere in India or abroad, including IOCL Subsidiary/ Joint Venture firms, depending on the Corporation's needs. Various divisions for IOCL are given below.
- Refineries Division: Engineers may be assigned to engineering services, processes, production, projects, power plants, maintenance, inspection, or any other discipline the company needs.
- Marketing Division: As required by the organization, may be assigned to Aviation Services, Engineering, Operations, LPG, Lubes, Maintenance & Inspection, Sales and Marketing, or any other discipline.
- Pipelines Division: As required by the organization, may be assigned to operations and maintenance, construction, projects, or any other discipline.
- Business Development: Positions in petrochemicals and polymer projects, operations, sales/marketing, gas, renewable energy, sustainable development, or any other discipline required by the organization.