Here BYJU'S Exam Prep you will find the best Thermodynamics book for mechanical engineering
Engineering Thermodynamics by P.K. Nag
- The book follows a comprehensive approach such that Engineering students, teaching faculties, GATE aspirants, and those preparing for competitive exams can benefit from the book.
- Engineering Thermodynamics is characterised by exhaustive study of topics such as thermodynamic applications, powerplant engineering, refrigeration, and automobile IC systems.
- The book is characterised by a number of solved examples of numerical problems that are specific to each chapter.
Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach by Yunus A. Cengel, Michael A. Boles
- Thermodynamics Seventh Edition covers the basic principles of thermodynamics while presenting a wealth of real-world engineering examples so that the students get a feel of how thermodynamics is applied in engineering practice. This text helps students develop an intuitive understanding of thermodynamics by emphasizing the physics and physical arguments.
- This text helps students develop an intuitive understanding of thermodynamics by emphasizing the physics and physical arguments.
- Excellent, simple and lucid explanations. This book gives a lot of information about practical applications.Helps to develop thermodynamic concepts.
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning by C.P.ARORA (Applied Thermodynamics)
- It brings out interesting data and considerations involved in actual thermodynamic applications. It gives you an insight of complete refrigeration & air conditioning covering all the topics of GATE.
- Discusses the practical problems in actual engineering applications which makes it easier for the candidates preparing for competitive examinations.
I.C Engines by VGANESHAN (Applied Thermodynamics)
- V. Ganesan authored Internal Combustion Engines 4th Edition which is a comprehensive book giving a detailed description on combustion engines that helps in making a clear understanding of Mechanical Engineering concepts.
- This book is quintessential for candidates studying for mechanical engineering exams particularly GATE and PSUs providing information for concepts as well as numerical approach.
Power Plant Engineering(P K Nag)(Applied Thermodynamics)
- Power Plant Engineering by P K Nag is a good book for applied thermodynamics in which a detailed description about power plant and its types are given. This is preferred mainly for numerical and conceptual clarity with live examples. It is the best to book for preparation for competitive exams like GATE, PSUs.
Sahi prep life Set