XAT GDPI is the last section round, conducted by XLRI and other XAMI institutes, for the candidates who will clear the cutoffs. It is an important round, and here, the candidates are judged with respect to their communication, leadership, decision-making, and analytical reasoning. So, it is important to make prior XAT Preparation for GD and PI to crack this round with a good score.
In the GD round, the candidates are divided into several groups based on the number of shortlisted candidates. Each group is allotted a topic, which they have to discuss within a stipulated time. However, PI is the personality activity round and evaluates candidates’ interpersonal skills, aptitude, and problem-solving skills. Note the table below to get a list of study materials for the GDPI round, which you can refer to at the time of XAT Preparation.
- Newspapers like The Hindu, The Economist, TOI, Competition Success, Wal Street Journal
- XAT Preparation books like Manorama Year Books, Business Related Magazines, Marketing Chronicles: A Compendium of Global and Local Marketing Insights, Group Discussion on Current Topics, and Universal Interview & Group Discussion Book.
Topics can be Studied during XAT GDPI Preparation
Note the table below to get an idea of the topics you may face at the time of the XAT GD round.
Politics and Religion
Rise of Gig Economy
Covid-19: Impact on World’s Economic Sector
National Education Policy
Reforms of Digital Marketing
XAT Preparation 2023 for GDPI Round
To crack the GD and PI rounds, the candidates should maintain a positive attitude to improve their performance. Below are some XAT Preparation strategies for group discussion and personal interview rounds.
- Develop Reading Habit: The candidates should start a regular habit of reading good magazines, newspapers, and storybooks at the time of XAT Preparation. It will help them to keep themselves updated with their surroundings. A good grasp of general awareness is required for the GD and PI round of the XAT 2023.
- Work on your articulation and fluency during XAT Exam Preparation: It is very important because you have to speak fluently during group discussions. Besides, your thinking ability will increase, and you can express your thoughts without hesitation.
- Focus on Public Speaking Skills during XAT Preparation: Public speaking skills are very important to develop for the GD and PI rounds of the XAT exam. It will help them to express their thoughts without any fear. Besides, your confidence in speaking will be boosted.
- Always be a good listener: The candidates must be good listeners first to express their thoughts. They must hear what others are saying to analyze their answer accordingly. Besides, it will also help them to develop good bonding with the team members.
- Focus on Body Languages: The candidates must work on their body language while preparing for XAT 2023 GD and PI rounds. Always try to maintain a professional attitude and keep eye contact with others at the time of speaking.