In order to prepare for the upcoming exam, the candidates must follow a effective XAT Preparation Strategy for every section of the exam. Conceptual clarity is highly needed as only knowing the syllabus is not enough to clear XAT Cutoff for your dream institute. In order to get your query regarding How to Prepare for XAT, you can refer to the below section-wise preparation strategies.
XAT Preparation for Verbal and Logical Ability
To prepare for this section, the candidates must have conceptual clarity, as all the questions have a different approach. Constant practice is needed to ace the Verbal and Logical Ability of the XAT Exam with accuracy. Below is some expert-recommended XAT Exam Preparation plan for this section.
- Work on your vocabulary enhancement. It is needed to speed up your comprehension and reading skills.
- Try to identify the connector for jumbled word questions and link them with the meaning of the paragraph.
- Focus on word usage in the sentences
- Read newspapers and articles daily to improve your vocabulary and knowledge of comprehensive passages.
XAT Preparation Strategy for Decision Making
This section contains questions from various business like situations related to daily life. So, the candidates must follow their logical thinking to prepare for this section. The candidates should have the capability to answer the questions practically if seen from the business management point of view. Know more about XAT Exam Analysis and understand the difficulty level of the exam.
- Avoid making assumptions based on your personal opinion. Rely completely on the given situation.
- Read sample cases from Harvard Business Review's official website.
- Be ethical to follow the XAT Preparation plan for this section.
- Avoid choosing the options in which the protagonist does not take any action to resolve the problem.
XAT Exam 2023 Preparation for Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
The weightage of this section is highest than the other sections of the XAT Exam. besides, the difficulty level is also higher as the questions test the mathematical aptitude and numerical skills of the candidates. The candidates must follow below XAT Preparation Strategy to cover this section properly.
- Conceptual clarity for the topics is needed to ace this section.
- Learn short-cut tricks and study important formulas to prepare Quantitative Aptitude questions.
- Constant practice is needed to get a good grasp on those formulas, and theorems.
- Never make assumptions to solve QA & DI questions. Stick to the given facts in the questions.
- Practice graphs and tables as much as possible
- Understand the logic behind the question first. Then solve the questions to get accurate answers.
☛ Stay updated with the XAT Admit Card Download Process
XAT 2023 Preparation for General Knowledge
In order to grip this section, the candidates must be in constant touch with daily current affairs. Additionally, be prepared for static GK questions from History, Geography, Politics, Economics, Science, and Technology.
- Do not leave XAT Exam Preparation for this section for the last minutes. It will create pressure as the GK part is vast and does not have any definite syllabus.
- Read news articles daily, and make notes on every important event with dates and timings.
- The candidates must have a holistic understanding of GK-Based subjects like Science, Geography, History, Economics, and Technology.
☛ Stay updated with the XAT Registration process
XAT Preparation Strategy for Essay Writing
This section is evaluated if the candidates clear the cut-off for the final selection round. It is a newly added section and the candidates must be prepared well to ace this section. Note the below-mentioned tips to prepare for the Essay Writing section in XAT Exam.
- First of all, understand the given topic including what is the topic about, and what are requirements of this topic.
- Brainstorm your ideas by critically thinking of the facts that you can include to write an essay properly.
- Make a draft in your mind and follow this while writing your essay.
- Be focused that what you are writing is representing the main theme of the topic, as the flow of paragraphs is needed to write a good essay.
- Note that there are grammatical and structure errors.