ESE Exam is one of the most sought after exam for all Engineering Graduates. Engineering Services is a white-collar job that provides a handsome salary and dignity. ESE Exams give the opportunity to the engineering graduates to work in the relevant field where the engineering students can enhance and implement their 4 years of learning.
UPSC has already released the notification for the Year 2021, The ESE 2021 exam is going to be held on 18th July. The aspiring candidates must have started their preparation with full effort to achieve the desired result. This is high time for all students who want to join Indian Engineering Services. So going through the following article will help you to work in the right direction with the right strategy.
Engineering Service Exam Pattern
The UPSC conducts the ESE exam in three-phase. The recruitment is held for Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
- This is an objective type paper for the selection of students for the next stage.
Paper Time Duration Marks Paper-I (General Studies and Engineering Aptitude) 2hrs 200 Paper-II (Engineering Subject) 3hrs 300 Total 5hrs 500
- Candidates who cleared the first stage will appear in Mains paper which is a conventional type paper.
|Paper-I ( Engineering Subject )||3hrs||300|
|Paper-II ( Engineering Subject )||3hrs||300|
Final Stage/ Phase III
- This is a personality test.
So I hope you get the idea about the pattern of the ESE exam, Now this is the time to know that How To Start your Preparation for this exam. As there is no perfect time and strategy for any exam, but there are few points one should always keep in mind when preparing for the ESE to get success.
Some of you must have started your preparation and some of you might be still waiting for the right moment or looking for the proper guidance. This article will help you to start your preparation with a bang and kill it with excellence.
Best Preparation Tips for ESE IES 2021 Exam
The first and foremost thing before going ahead, your vision should be clear which means your "WHY", Why do you want to clear this exam. And then go on with full confidence and enthusiasm. Now we will discuss the things step by step which an aspirant should follow:
1. Know the Syllabus:
- The very first thing you have to do is, go through the syllabus thoroughly.
- Understand which topics are important because the syllabus is really vast and you should not waste your time on unnecessary things or less important topics.
- So you should focus on the subjects with high weightage.
Check branch-wise Syllabus:
2. Make a Roadmap:
- Making a plan is a crucial part of the preparation.
- Make a routine according to your subject and time. Stick to that, it will help you to complete your syllabus in a systematic way.
- By sincerely following your study plan, you would be able to complete half thing of your preparation.
3. Coaching & Books:
- Your study plan won't work if you have no idea about the books, which book to read.
- In the market, you will find a number of books for a single subject and going through multiple books is a total waste of time and energy.
- So I would suggest you to select any standard book for each subject according to your understanding and follow them thoroughly.
- The study materials provided by different coaching institutes are also not bad.
- One can prefer any coaching materials, which are easily available online as well as offline.
- Now about coaching, taking coaching is not a bad idea, cause it provides you guidance and it gives direction to your preparation.
- If you are not able to join any coaching nearby then you can opt for online classes.
- But always go for efficient coaching where the teachers have good experience of teaching the ESE syllabus.
4. Notes Making:
- Always try to make a note of whatever you study, This helps a lot during revision.
- Don't look for other's notes, make your own as per your own understanding.
- Short notes are very important and helpful for quick revision.
5. Revision & Practice:
- These two are the key to success - Revision and practice.
- Revise each topic and subject weekly or as suitable to you. Notes will always help you during revision.
- If you have made your notes then it won't take much effort you can easily go through it and brush up whatever you study.
- As you already know that Practice makes a man perfect, So just practice as many previous papers, sample papers, or online tests for ESE 2021 exam, you can do.
- With practice, you will learn about your weak areas and then you can work on them.
6. Be Motivated:
- Keep yourself motivated all the time.
- For this, you can do a lot of activities such as watch toppers' interviews, read good books, Meditation or Yoga, Some exercise etc.
- So utilize your break time in these activities. Prepare properly, do not procrastinate your task otherwise, you might feel pressured if you won't be able to complete your syllabus in time.
As you got the thought of giving the exam and now you are under the process so just don't leave a single stone unturned, give your best till the end and you will end this with flying colours. Just start this from today.
All the very best.