Engineering Service Exam Pattern
ESE Exam is one of the most sought-after exams for all Engineering Graduates. Engineering Services is a white-collar job that provides a handsome salary and dignity. ESE Exams allow engineering graduates to work in the relevant field to enhance and implement their 4 years of learning.
- This is an objective type paper for the selection of students for the next stage.
Paper Time Duration Marks Paper-I (General Studies and Engineering Aptitude) 2hrs 200 Paper-II (Engineering Subject) 3hrs 300 Total 5hrs 500
- Candidates who cleared the first stage will appear in Mains paper which is a conventional type paper.
|Paper-I ( Engineering Subject )||3hrs||300|
|Paper-II ( Engineering Subject )||3hrs||300|
Final Stage/ Phase III
- This is a personality test or Interview Round
Some of you might be still waiting for the right moment or looking for the proper guidance. This article will help you start your Preparation with a bang and kill it with excellence.
Best Preparation Tips for ESE IES 2021 Exam
The first and foremost thing before going ahead, your vision should be clear, which means your "WHY," Why do you want to clear this exam. And then go on with full confidence and enthusiasm. Now we will discuss the things step by step which an aspirant should follow:
Know the Syllabus:
- The first thing you have to do is, go through the Syllabus thoroughly.
- Understand which topics are important because the Syllabus is vast, and you should not waste your time on unnecessary things or less important topics.
- So it would help if you focused on the subjects with high weightage.
Check branch-wise Syllabus:
Make a Roadmap:
- Making a plan is a crucial part of the Preparation.
- Make a routine according to your subject and time. Stick to that; it will help you to complete your Syllabus systematically.
- By sincerely following your study plan, you would complete half thing of your Preparation.
Coaching & Books:
- Your study plan won't work if you have no idea about which book to read.
- You will find several books for a single subject in the market, and going through multiple books is a total waste of time and energy.
- So I suggest you select any standard book for the ESE exam for each subject according to your understanding and follow them thoroughly.
- The study materials provided by different coaching institutes are also not bad.
- One can prefer any coaching materials, which are easily available online and offline.
- Now about coaching, taking coaching is not a bad idea, cause it provides you guidance and gives direction to your Preparation.
- If you cannot join any coaching nearby, you can opt for online classes.
- But always go for efficient coaching where the teachers have good experience teaching the ESE syllabus.
- Always try to note whatever you study. This helps a lot during revision.
- Don't look for others' notes, make your own as per your own understanding.
- Short notes are very important and helpful for quick revision.
Revision & Practice:
- These make the key to success -vision and Practice.
- Revise each topic and subject weekly or as suitable to you. Notes will always help you during revision.
- If you have made your notes then it won't take much effort you can easily go through it and brush up whatever you study.
- As you already know, Practice makes a man perfect, So just, practice as many previous paper and sample papers, or online tests for ESE 2021 exam, you can do.
- With Practice, you will learn about your weak areas and then you can work on them.
- Keep yourself motivated all the time.
- For this, you can do a lot of activities such as watching toppers' interviews, books, Meditation or Yoga, Some exercise, etc.
- So utilize your break time in these activities. Prepare properly, do not procrastinate your task; otherwise, you might feel pressured if you won't complete your Syllabus in time.
Is ESE 2022 Difficult to crack & Why to Crack ESE exam?
- There is a widespread misconception that ESE is one of the most difficult exams in India. Everything is challenging before you start working on it. You can not be frightened by anything without working for it.
- ESE is also an examination to give you ample opportunities and pave a pathway for brighter employment ahead. UPSC, Government of India, conducts ESE.
- The UPSC conducts the IES exam every year to recruit candidates for various technological & managerial positions in the Union Government departments. The IES is a Central Civil Service, and the selected candidates can be stationed anywhere in the country according to their post of recruitment.
- ESE examinations give you plentiful opportunities and pave a pathway for a brighter career ahead.
- The UPSC conducts the IES exam every year to recruit candidates for various specialized positions in the Union Government departments. The IES is a Central Civil Service, and the selected candidates can be posted anywhere in the nation according to their post of recruitment.
ESE Mains Preparation Tips & revision plan
1. Revise and Apply- Each day is important if you prepare ESE. Therefore plan it well. Please pick up the copy of the ESE 2022 Syllabus, go through the issues and revise their fundamental concepts, formulae, and theorems. Read the short notes daily.
2. Mock Test- Practice two ESE Mock tests and analyze your performance. If you are still uncertain about a few topics, note them down and skip questions on these in the exam. BYJU'S EXAM PREP offers free ESE sample question paper and online mock tests to Practice.
3. Short Notes- Candidates should begin creating short notes while preparing for the ESE Mains exam. These short notes are helpful in last week's revision. All that applicants need to do is, pick up these Study notes and revise concepts, formulae and assumptions. It also gives one clarity on the embraced topics.
4. Do not attempt any new topic in the last 15 days- In the last phase of Preparation, ESE Mains candidates need to avoid picking up new topics. There is a strict 'NO' as it creates needless confusion. Is it's possible to understand the fundamentals of new topics quickly?. Would it not add to the pressure? Devote time on revision and be optimistic about whatever you've prepared so far.
5. Time Management- As per the ESE mains syllabus, Engineering Discipline Paper-1 carries 300 Marks for 3 hours, and Engineering Discipline Paper-2 carries a total of 300 Marks is held for 3 hours, so manage your time accordingly according to the time allotted for the exam.
ESE Answer Writing Techniques to Remember for exam
- Attempt all remaining test papers like you would give the actual ESE mains exam.
- Select the topics to be attempted with the first glance over the entire paper.
- Marks will not be allotted for surface knowledge, so don't waste time on questions you don't know properly & are unsure about concepts.
- Try to answer extensively, i.e., provide in-depth information from equations to essential points in each answer.
- Always use pointers while answering theoretical questions instead of writing lengthy passages.
- Try to highlight the equalizations or unknowns in your answer, presenting it easy for the invigilator to view.
- If possible, write a commentary or an inference at the end of the solution. It will surely fetch you excellent marks.
- Emphasize your handwriting while addressing the solutions as up to 5 percent of the highest marks can be deducted for unreadable handwriting.
- Remember marks are awarded for orderly, effective, and exact appearance combined with proper usage of words in the conventional papers of the exam.
Achiever's Study material Plan for ESE
- Achiever's Study material Plan for ESE Non-Tech 2021: Click Here
- Achievers Study material Plan For ESE: Civil Engineering
- Achievers Study material Plan For ESE: Mechanical Engineering
- Achievers Study material Plan For ESE: Electrical Engineering
- Achievers Study material Plan For ESE: Electronics Engineering
Related Useful Links
- How to Crack ESE IES 2022 Exam Without Coaching?
- IES Preparation Tips 2022
- UPSC ESE Prelims Admit Card 2022
Online Classroom Program
Try Online Classroom Program to get unlimited access to all the live structured courses and unlimited mock tests from the following links:
ESE IES Previous Year Papers PDF
As you thought of giving the exam and now you are under the process, don't leave a single stone unturned; give your best till the end, and you will end this with flying colors. Just start this from today.
All the very best.