The ESE ECE 2023 Eligibility Criteria comprises the following, as discussed below:
ESE ECE Educational Qualification
You must fulfill ANY ONE of the following eligibility criteria to apply for the ESE EC 2023 exam.
- Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from a recognized University.
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of Engineers (India).
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering from a foreign university/college/institution and such university must be recognized by the government for the purpose from time to time.
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India).
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India.
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London, held after November 1959.
Note: For Indian Radio Regulatory Service Group ‘A’– M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as a special subject is required.
For more details, check out the ESE ECE eligibility criteria.
The candidate applying for the UPSC ESE ECE 2023 must be either of the following:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 to permanently settle in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam to permanently set in India.
If you belong to any of the above categories for the (b),(c), (d), and (e) categories listed above, then a certificate must be issued by the Government of India.
ESE ECE Age Limit
The age limit to apply online for the UPSC ESE 2023 exam as of 1st January 2023 is as follows:
- Minimum Age Limit: 21 Years
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 Years
Age Relaxations for ESE 2023 Exam
Candidates are given relaxation in age limit as per their categories listed below:
Upto 5 years
Upto 3 years
Jammu and Kashmir domicile during
Upto 5 years
Defence Services personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof
Upto 3 years
ECOs/SSCOs served for 5 years in Military services (Completed the assignment or assignment has been extended and the Ministry of Defence has permitted him to apply for Civil Services)
Upto 5 years
Deaf/Mute and Orthopedically handicapped person
Upto 10 years
Age Relaxation for Government Employees
The upper age limit is relaxable up to 35 years for government servants in any one of the following categories. If they are employed in a Department/ Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Post(s) mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)
IRSE /IRSME /IRSEE /IRSSE /IRSS
Directorate General Ordnance Factories
IOFS Group ‘A’
Central Electricity Authority
CPES Gr ‘A’ CPES Gr ‘B’
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
Central Engineering Service (Roads) Gr. ‘A’
Ministry of Telecommunication and
Information Technology, Deptt. of Telecommunication
Engineer in Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ Indian Telecommunication Service Group ‘A’, J.T.O. (G.C.S. Gr. ‘B’)
Central Water Commission
Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’
Border Roads Organisation
BRES Gr. ‘A’
Military Engineer Services
Indian Defence Service of Engineers (lDSE) Group ‘A’
The Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Min of Defence.
AEE Gr ‘A’(Elect. Engg. Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.
Min of Defence, Deptt. of Defence Production, Directorate General of Aeronautical Quality Assurance
Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service(DAQAS) Gr ‘A’
Ministry of Skill Development Entrepreneurship
Indian Skill Development Service
Indian Naval Armament Service, Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I