GATE Answer Key 2022 - IIT Kharagpur will release GATE 2022 answer key on its official website after all the 29 papers of the GATE exam have been completed. The authorities will also release the GATE question paper with the response sheet while declaring the GATE provisional answer key. The official answer key will be released in a week or two after completion of the GATE 2022 exam. Candidates who will appear for the exam will be able to download the GATE answer key 2022 and raise an objection against it. After evaluating the challenges made for the GATE exam answer key, the authorities will release the final answer key along with the result.
GATE Answer Key 2022 Date
The GATE 2022 answer key date will be updated here once it is officially made available by the IIT Kharagpur.
GATE 2022 Exam Date
1st to 2nd week of February 2022
Release of GATE response sheet
Release of GATE answer key 2022
3rd/4th week of February 2022
GATE answer key challenge date
Release of GATE 2022 Final Answer Key
GATE result date 2022
GATE scorecard date 2022
How to Download GATE 2022 Answer Key?
To download the answer key for GATE 2022 exam, you have to follow the given set of instructions.
- Visit the official site of IIT Kharagpur
- Now click on the branch-wise answer key to download - 'To view GATE 2022 Question Papers and Answer Keys Click here'
- A PDF will appear on your computer screen.
- Download the PDF and save it.
- Based on the GATE 2022 answer key you can calculate your GATE score
- You can also raise objection in case you find any error
How to Calculate Scores Using GATE 2022 Answer Key?
To calculate the GATE score with the help of the official answer key, you should follow the marking scheme as notified by the authorities in the official notification. We have provided you with the steps to calculate your GATE score 2022. All the papers of GATE are for 65 marks with 100 questions comprising of MCQs, MSQs, and NATs.
- Calculate the number of correct response made by you.
- Negative marking is applicable in case of MCQs
Marks Calculation for GATE 2022
- MCQ Marks: Total marks (1 mark) + Total marks (2 marks)
- Total marks (1 mark) = 1 x no. of correct answers – 1/3 x no. of incorrect answers
- Total marks (2 marks) = 2 x number of correct answers - 2/3 x number of incorrect answers
- NAT Marks: Total marks (1 mark) + Total marks (2 marks)
Formula to calculate GATE score:
Total marks in GATE exam = Total marks secured for correct response – Negative marks for wrong response
GATE 2022 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme for GATE 2022 for NAT and MCQ is given below.
Type of questions
Marks for the correct answer
Marks for incorrect answer
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
+1 or +2 marks
-1/3 for -1 mark question
-2/3 for -2 mark question
Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
+1 or +2 marks
No Negative Marking
How to Challenge GATE Answer Key 2022
IIT Kharagpur will provide you with the facility to challenge the GATE answer key. If you are not satisfied with the official answer key of GATE for a particular question or more than one question, then you can raise an objection.
The provision to challenge GATE answer key 2022 will be made available to you as per the date announced by the authorities. You will have to pay Rs. 500 per question if you want to challenge the answer key. Further, you will also have to attach the necessary documents in support of your answer. The steps to raise an objection against the answer key are provided below.
Steps to Challenge GATE 2022 Provisional Answer Key
The GATE provisional answer key can be challenged only through online mode.
- Visit the GOAPS website and enter your login details.
- Upon successful login, you will have to tick the declaration and click on the ‘contest answer key’ button.
Here is an image for your reference:
- As you click on the link to the contest answer key, you will have the following details to be filled in:
|| Section and Question Number, Justification for contesting within 500 characters, and uploading of supporting document ||
Here is a template for your reference
- Once you have contested the GATE 2022 answer key challenge, click on the ‘submit' button.
- Lastly, pay the required amount off fee in online mode.
Download GATE Previous Year Answer Key & Question Papers (Branches-wise)
You can follow the link to check/download the GATE answer key for all branches (GATE ME, CSE, EE, CSE, ECE) below:
GATE 2022 Response Sheet
IIT Kharagpur will release the GATE 2022 response sheet before the GATE 2022 provisional answer key. It is observed that the GATE response sheet is released a day or two before the release of the answer key. You will have to download the GATE response sheet from the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) for every candidate individually. It is advised to download and keep your response sheet safe. It will help you cross-check the answers through the GATE answer key.
Steps to Download GATE Response Sheet 2022
- Visit the official website of IIT Kharagpur and visit the GOAPS portal. You can also visit the GOAPS link directly.
- Enter your GATE 2022 enrollment id/e-mail id and password.
- Upon successful login the following screen should appear on your screen. Click on the ‘view response’ link.
- Upon clicking on the response link you will be able to view the answers marked by you in the GATE online exam.
This is a sample of the GATE response sheet for your reference.
Importance of the GATE 2022 Answer Key
- The official answer key helps you in the calculation of probable GATE score using the Answer Key.
- You get to know the correct answer for every question asked in GATE 2022 exam.
- It also gives you the fair opportunity to raise an objection and based on the final answer key is released.
- Having known the GATE 2022 Answer Key for all the questions increases transparency in the examination system as well.
What After GATE Answer Key 2022?
After the declaration of the GATE answer key for all the paper, the authorities will release the GATE result along with the final answer key. The final answer key for GATE by IIT Kharagpur will be released on the challenges made by candidates after validating them. All the objections will be taken for further validation and evaluation by the experts, after which they will release the final answer key.
Ques. When will GATE answer key 2022 be released?
Ans. GATE 2022 answer key will be released in the 3rd or 4th week of February 2022.
Ques. Which IIT will release GATE 2022 answer key?
Ans. GATE 2022 answer key will be released by IIT Kharagpur on its official website and GOAPS portal.
Ques. Will the GATE response sheet be released with an answer key?
Ans. No, the response sheet and answer key will be released separately.
Ques. How many times is the GATE answer key released officially?
Ans. GATE official answer key is released twice, once provisional and later final by the authorities.
Ques. Can I raise an objection against GATE answer key 2022?
Ans. Yes, there is a provision to raise an objection against the GATE 2022 answer key. However, you must provide validation for the answer key for which you are raising an objection.
Ques. For how many papers will GATE 2022 answer key be released?
Ans. GATE 2022 answer key will be released for 29 papers. 2 additional papers have been added for GATE 2022.
Ques. How to calculate GATE score?
Ans. To calculate GATE score, visit the link given. To calculate GATE score, visit the link given.