GATE Full Form Exam
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the full form of GATE. The exam schedule for the upcoming year is expected to be released in September 2022 along with the official notification, exam dates, and a lot more information. Further, we have provided the list of important details related to the exam in the table below.
GATE Full form
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Mode of exam
3 hours (180 minutes)
Number of questions
Types of questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Number of sections
For MCQs carrying 1 mark: 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
For MCQs carrying 2 marks: 2/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
No negative marking for Multiple Select Question (MSQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.
GATE Full Form in Engineering
The GATE full form is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national-level examination. It is an examination held in India that primarily assesses a student's complete mastery of several undergraduate sciences and engineering disciplines in preparation for entrance to a master's program and employment in the public sector.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the full form of GATE in Engineering. The GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a test that assesses a candidate's overall knowledge of undergraduate engineering and science disciplines. GATE is one of India's most competitive tests. It is recognized by top universities like NIT and IIT, as well as other institutes outside of India.
What is the GATE Full Form in English?
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the full form of the well-known GATE examination in English. The GATE exam is conducted only once a year through online mode. The score attained in the exam is the most important criterion followed by different institutions to take admission in Masters’s degree programs and is used for seeking PSU jobs and CSIR Junior Research Fellowship. The total duration of the GATE exam 2023 will be 3 hours. The exam paper will contain 65 questions for a total of 100 marks.
What is the GATE Full Form in Hindi?
गेट का हिंदी में फुल फॉर्म (GATE Full Form) ग्रेजुएट एप्टीट्यूड टेस्ट ऑफ इंजीनियरिंग है। इसे हिंदी में इंजीनियरिंग डिग्री योग्यता परीक्षा कहा जाता है। यह मास्टर डिग्री तक सभी इंजीनियरिंग विषयों के लिए एक अखिल भारतीय परीक्षा है। यह परीक्षा भारतीय विज्ञान संस्थान और भारत सरकार के उच्च शिक्षा मंत्रालय और मानव संसाधन विकास मंत्रालय के राष्ट्रीय समन्वय बोर्ड के गेट विभाग द्वारा संयुक्त रूप से आयोजित की जाती है।
GATE Exam Importance
There are various advantages of the exam but the main use of the GATE exam is to help deserving candidates to get admission to the leading institutes in the country to pursue M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Sc programs. The PSU recruitments are also done via GATE exam scores. Students scoring higher scores are even provided by fellowship programs from CSIR. The other usages of the GATE exam are:
- It is conducted to test the depth in the knowledge of the student in their subject of expertise.
- Getting admission into Masters’s program with the help of the GATE exam is a stepping stone for the students wishing to do research and Ph.D.
- Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects can be attained with the GATE exam 2023 qualification.
- Opportunities to work with NAVRATNA and MINI RATNA companies in India.
- Another important benefit of the GATE exam qualification is the hefty salary hike for regular graduates.
GATE Full Form Eligibility Criteria
The full form of GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and in order to appear in the upcoming GATE exam 2023 the students must satisfy the eligibility criteria explained below:
- Students in the final year or completed the 4-year Graduation in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture courses.
- Students in the final year of a Master’s degree program in Arts/ Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent.
- Students in the final year or completed the 3-year graduation program in the field of Science/ Arts/ Commerce.
- Students in the 3rd year or in completed the Integrated M.Sc. or 5 year B.S or M.S programs.
- Students who are citizens of India or have the nationality of the following countries are also eligible to sit in the exam- Sri Lanka, Singapore, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, UAE, and Nepal.
GATE Full Form Opportunities
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the full form of GATE and candidates need to be aware of the opportunities before appearing for the examination. Further, candidates can check the opportunities provided below.
- The exam is conducted to get admission to post-graduate programs.
- It is a screening test for entry-level recruitment jobs.
- It makes candidates eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR labs.
Related Important Resources:
- GATE 2022 Syllabus
- GATE Cut Off
- GATE Question Papers PDF
- GATE Subject Wise Weightage for CE, EE, ME, CSE, ECE
Accelerate your GATE 2022 preparations with BYJU's Exam Prep Online Classroom Program:
Attempt online mock tests of ESE & GATE 2022 at BYJU'S Exam Prep to improve the exam score in all disciplines.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.