GATE Full Form
The GATE full form is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The exam schedule for the upcoming year was released on the official website along with the notification brochure, exam dates, and a lot more information. Candidates have completed GATE registration after the release of the notification.
The GATE exam, also known as the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, measures a candidate's thorough knowledge of undergraduate engineering and science courses. One of the toughest tests in India is called GATE. The best universities, including NIT and IIT, as well as other institutions outside of India, recognize it. Further, we have provided the list of important details related to the GATE exam in the table below.
GATE Full Form
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Mode of exam
3 hours (180 minutes)
Number of questions
Types of questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Number of sections
For MCQs carrying 1 mark: 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
For MCQs carrying 2 marks: 2/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
No negative marking for Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.
GATE Full Form in English
GATE full form is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The GATE exam is conducted only once a year through online mode. The score attained in the exam is the most important criterion followed by different institutions to take admission in Masters’s degree programs and is used for seeking PSU jobs and CSIR Junior Research Fellowship. The total duration of the GATE exam 2023 will be 3 hours. The exam paper will contain 65 questions for a total of 100 marks.
GATE Full Form in Hindi
गेट का हिंदी में फुल फॉर्म (GATE Full Form in Hindi) ग्रेजुएट एप्टीट्यूड टेस्ट ऑफ इंजीनियरिंग है। इसे हिंदी में इंजीनियरिंग डिग्री योग्यता परीक्षा कहा जाता है। यह मास्टर डिग्री तक सभी इंजीनियरिंग विषयों के लिए एक अखिल भारतीय परीक्षा है। यह परीक्षा भारतीय विज्ञान संस्थान और भारत सरकार के उच्च शिक्षा मंत्रालय और मानव संसाधन विकास मंत्रालय के राष्ट्रीय समन्वय बोर्ड के गेट विभाग द्वारा संयुक्त रूप से आयोजित की जाती है।
GATE Full Form: Importance in Engineering
The GATE exam full form is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national-level examination. It is an examination held in India that primarily assesses a student's complete mastery of several undergraduate sciences and engineering disciplines in preparation for entrance to a master's program and employment in the public sector.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE full form) is a test that assesses a candidate's overall knowledge of undergraduate engineering and science disciplines. GATE is one of India's most competitive tests. It is recognized by top universities like NIT and IIT, as well as other institutes outside of India.
There are various advantages of the exam but the main use of the GATE exam is to help deserving candidates to get admission to the leading institutes in the country to pursue M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Sc programs. The PSU recruitments are also done via GATE exam scores. Students scoring higher scores are even provided by fellowship programs from CSIR. The other usages of the GATE exam are:
- It is conducted to test the depth of the knowledge of the student in their subject of expertise.
- Getting admission into Masters’s program with the help of the GATE exam is a stepping stone for the students wishing to do research and Ph.D.
- Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR-sponsored projects can be attained with the GATE exam 2023 qualification.
- Opportunities to work with NAVRATNA and MINI RATNA companies in India.
- Another important benefit of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE full form) qualification is the hefty salary hike for regular graduates.
GATE Full Form: Eligibility Criteria
In order to appear in the upcoming Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE full form) the students must satisfy the eligibility criteria explained below.
- Students in the final year or completed the 4-year Graduation in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture courses.
- Students in the final year of a Master’s degree program in Arts/ Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent.
- Students in the final year or completed the 3-year graduation program in the field of Science/ Arts/ Commerce.
- Students in the third year or in completed the Integrated M.Sc. or 5-year B.S or M.S programs.
- Students who are citizens of India or have the nationality of the following countries are also eligible to sit in the exam- Sri Lanka, Singapore, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, UAE, and Nepal.
GATE Full Form: Career Opportunities
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE full form) brings various opportunities for the aspirants such as jobs, fellowship programs, admissions, and a lot more. Candidates need to be aware of the opportunities before appearing for the examination. Candidates can check the opportunities provided below.
- The exam is conducted to get admission to post-graduate programs.
- It is a screening test for entry-level recruitment jobs.
- It makes candidates eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR labs.
|Other Important GATE Topics|