The major highlights or what makes the above-mentioned GATE CE Books unique and best is given below
1) Strength of Materials
- Book Name: Strength of Materials
The book consists of chapter-wise exercises to help understand the concepts better. This book is essential for civil engineers preparing for competitive examinations like GATE and IES.
2) Structural Analysis
- Book Name: Basic Structural Analysis
This book offers complete coverage with respect to both classical and matrix approaches. The scope of fixed beams is enlarged by including a large number of worked-out examples covering point loads, uniform and varying loads, applied couples, and the effect of sinking and rotation of supports.
3) R.C.C Design
- Book Name: R.C.C. Designs (Reinforced Concrete Structures)
In this book, every chapter begins with detailed definitions and clear statements, along with design principles, design procedures, and theories. All the definitions come with various design examples and illustrations.
4) Design Of Steel Structures
- Book Name: Design Of Steel Structures
The book covers the topics in-depth, yet at the same time in a concise and student-friendly way. The content has been arranged in a very organized and graded manner. The flow is very well structured and topics have been broken into subtopics.
5) Environmental Engineering
- Book Name: Water Supply Engineering (Environmental Engineering Vol.1)
Multiple choice questions are provided for each chapter, and the book also has separate chapters that cover questions for Engineering Service Exams and the Civil Services Examination. For purposes of practical understanding, the book has a chapter dedicated to laboratory experiments in Water Supply Engineering.
- Book Name: Sewage Disposal And Air Pollution Engineering (Environmental Engineering Vol. 2)
This book is divided into 28 chapters and has a bank of over 600 questions along with the answer key. These questions are the ones that a student is most likely to come across in the Engineering Services competitive exams. It is a handy reference for students in the fields of civil, environmental engineering.
6) Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering
- Book Name: Basics and Applied Soil mechanics
Modern coverage of the engineering properties of soils and makes extensive reference to the Indian Standard Codes of Practice while discussing practices in Foundation Engineering.
7) Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Machines
- Book Name: Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics
Several new problems from the latest question papers of the different competitive examinations have been incorporated. Thus, it may be emphatically stated that the book is complete in all respects and it covers the entire syllabus in the subject for students in the different branches of engineering Therefore this fulfills the entire needs of the students intending to appear at the various Examinations
8) Highway Engineering
- Book Name: Highway Engineering
- Book Name: Surveying (vol. 1,2,3)
Every topic is comprehensively explained and is accompanied by relevant examples of their practical use. Furthermore, they have included a wide range of numerical examples for the benefit of the readers.
10) Engineering Hydrology
- Book Name: Engineering Hydrology
The book emphasizes the current water-resources scenario in India with updated statistical data.
11) Irrigation Engineering
- Book Name: Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures
The techniques which are employed for the development and management of water resources become vitally important in this context and have been lucidly explained.
12) Engineering Mathematics
- Book Name: Higher Engineering Mathematics
The ultimate book for basic understanding and approaching problems. For GATE exam preparation, this book is enough. Thoroughly explained the proofs of concepts and the number of solved examples.
- Book Name: A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
The primary reason for students to use this book is that it contains a lot of practice questions, some of which come with the hints needed for solving problems. The book also contains solved problems.
- Book Name: Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations
This book covers every aspect of the numerical ability section of many competitive tests. Numerous examples have been used throughout the book to illustrate the concepts and problem-solving techniques. This book gives the students or candidates a good idea about the kind of questions asked in these exams.
- BYJU'S Exam Prep is also launching the GATE 2021 test series. It helps you to practice the GATE exam level questions along with the GATE Champion Study Plan.