The IES eligibility criteria for Civil Engineering require the candidates to fulfill the following criteria:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
We have described each of the ESE CE eligibility criteria below.
ESE CE Nationality
The candidate who applied for the UPSC ESE CE 2023 must be a citizen of either of the following:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before the 1st of January 1962 to permanently settle in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia, or from Vietnam to permanently set in India.
The candidates belonging to the (b),(c), (d), and (e) categories listed above must have a certificate issued by the Government of India.
ESE CE Age Limit
The minimum age limit for the UPSC ESE CE is 21 years, while the maximum age limit must be between 21 to 30 years on January 1, 2023. This means that you must not be born before 2nd January 1991 and not later than 1st January 2000.
ESE CE Age Relaxation
Apart from this, age relaxation is given to the following category of candidates.
Up to 5 years
Up to 3 years
Jammu and Kashmir domicile during
Up to 5 years
Defence Services personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof
Up to 3 years
ECOs/SSCOs served for 5 years in Military services (Completed the assignment or assignment has been extended, and the Ministry of Defence has permitted him to apply for Civil Services)
Up to 5 years
Deaf/Mute and Orthopedically handicapped person
Up to 10 years
Age Relaxation for UPSC ESE/IES
The upper age limit will be relaxable up to 35 years for government servants in any of the following categories. If they are employed in a Department/ Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Post(s) mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)
IRSE /IRSME /IRSEE /IRSSE /IRSS
Directorate General Ordnance Factories
IOFS Group ‘A’
Central Electricity Authority
CPES Gr ‘A’ CPES Gr ‘B’
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
Central Engineering Service (Roads) Gr. ‘A’
Ministry of Telecommunication and
Information Technology, Deptt. of Telecommunication
Engineer in Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ Indian Telecommunication Service Group ‘A’, J.T.O. (G.C.S. Gr. ‘B’)
Central Water Commission
Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’
Border Roads Organisation
BRES Gr. ‘A’
Military Engineer Services
Indian Defence Service of Engineers (lDSE) Group ‘A’
The Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Min of Defence.
AEE Gr ‘A’(Elect. Engg. Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.
Min of Defence, Deptt. of Defence Production, Directorate General of Aeronautical Quality Assurance
Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service(DAQAS) Gr ‘A’
Ministry of Skill Development Entrepreneurship
Indian Skill Development Service
Indian Naval Armament Service, Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I
ESE CE Educational Qualification
Candidates had to fulfill any one of the following eligibility criteria to apply for the IES Civil Engineering 2023 exam:
- Degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of Engineers (India).
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering from a foreign university or college or institution and such university must be recognized by the government for the purpose from time to time.
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India).
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India.
- Candidates in their final year or waiting for their examination results are also eligible to apply for the IES Civil Engineering 2023 exam.