|Check the Direct link for Results of GATE COAP 2022 Seat Allotment Additional round A - OUT Now.|
|Click Here to Download CCMT Brochre 2022|
- 16th June 2022: Click Here to check GATE CCMT 2022 Round 1 Cut-Off Released Latest
- 17th June 2022: Click Here to check the GATE CCMT 2022 Round 1 Seat Allotment Result Released.
- 17th June 2022: Check Article GATE COAP 2022 additional round A Seat Allotment result released.
GATE COAP 2022: Additional Round A Seat Allotment Results
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay will broadcast the COAP 2022 additional round A seat allotment result today, i.e., 24th June 2022, through the official website-- coap.iitb.ac.in. Therefore, all the GATE 2022 candidates will be able to inspect their COAP 2022 additional round A Seat allotment results and decide by 25th June 2022.
Candidates can retain and wait, accept and freeze, or reject and wait for the seat after the result is declared on GATE COAP. However, all the candidates who have locked their seats or filled their choices for GATE COAP round one seat allotment are requested to select one of the available options for COAP additional round A seat allotment before 25th June 2022.
The GATE COAP 2022 is a common medium for the registered candidates to make a most promising choice for admission to an MTech program in the 23 IITs and IISc Bangalore.
How to Check GATE COAP 2022 Round Additional round A Seat Allotment Result
- Visit the official website of GATE COAP 2022, i.e. coap.iitb.ac.in.
- Enter your ID and password to log in, which you have filled in while registering.
- Click the option of the "Seat Allotment" link.
- The seat allotment result for GATE COAP 2022 for an additional round A will be displayed on the screen.
- All the eligible candidates can select one of the options for CAOP 2022 -"Retain and Wait or", "Accept and Freeze ", Reject and Wait", and "Reject".
What is GATE COAP 2022?
GATE COAP 2022 is a portal designed for GATE-qualified candidates to register themselves for the selection process of IITs, NITs, or the recruitment process of PSUs. Students who qualify for GATE 2022 will be allowed to register in the portal. However, students need to know that the COAP can not be used as an application portal for the IITs (participating or otherwise).
IIT Bombay launched the GATE COAP 2022 portal for all students on 15th March 2022. Seats will be available in or after May 2022 for students. The counseling process will be divided into five rounds. Students must apply to the institute for admission to M.Tech programs once seats have been allocated.
There are three options available for the students during the rounds of the counseling process, namely:
- Accept and Freeze
- Retain and Wait
- Reject and Wait
GATE COAP 2022 Important Dates
The GATE COAP 2022 will be conducted by IIT Bombay for GATE-qualified candidates to get offers from PSUs or choose Master's program institutes. Let us now check the important dates of COAP 2022 given in the table below:
|Round No||The time window for candidates to view |
offers and take a decision
|Accept & Freeze||Retain & Wait||Reject & Wait|
|Round 1||May 20 - 22, 2022||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 2||May 27 - 29, 2022||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 3||June 03 - 05, 2022||Yes||Yes/ No*||Yes|
|Round 4||June 10 – 12, 2022||Yes||Yes/ No*||Yes|
|Round 5||June 17 – 19, 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
- No*, if you've used Retain & Wait on the same offer twice, you won't be able to use it again. The identical offer is for the " XYZ " program at a specific Institute ", ABC."
- Accept & Freeze (ii) Retain & Wait (iii) Reject & Wait will be available in Rounds 1-4.
- Round 5 is a Decisive Round. Candidates will only have the options of 'Accept and Freeze' or 'Reject.'
GATE COAP 2022 Dates for Additional Rounds
The tentative counseling dates of additional rounds for GATE COAP 2022 are below. Additional Rounds such as A, B, C, and D are different rounds treated as Decisive Rounds. In these rounds, candidates will only have the options of 'Accept and Freeze' or 'Reject' the offer. The tentative dates for additional rounds are:
|Round No||The time window for candidates to view |
offers and take a decision
|Accept & Freeze||Retain & Wait||Reject|
|Round - A||June 24 - 25, 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round - B||30th June - 01st July 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round - C||July 06 - 07, 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round - D||July 12 - 13, 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round - E||July 18 - 19, 2022||Yes||No||Yes*|
GATE COAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before registering for COAP 2022, candidates should meet the eligibility requirements. Candidates whose applications do not match the eligibility requirements will likely be rejected. As a result, all candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- In addition, candidates must have a valid GATE score.
- Candidates with more than one valid scorecard must give the scorecard with the higher score or rank.
- Before applying for a position, candidates should check the institute's eligibility requirements.
GATE COAP Registration 2022
The registration period for GATE COAP 2022 will begin in the fourth week of March. The online registration process will begin once the results are announced on 17th March 2022. The GATE COAP 2022 registration process will be free of charge.
Candidates must verify the notification released on the official website of the individual IIT for registration and admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Because each IIT has its counseling process, candidates must apply to each one separately. The following steps will be involved in the GATE COAP 2022 Registration Process:
- Online registration
- Online seat allotment
- Admission into Allotted Institutes
How to Register for GATE COAP 2022?
You can follow the steps given below to register and check admission offers through GATE COAP 2022:
- Step 1: Go to GATE COAP 2022 official website, coap.iitm.ac.in.
- Step 2: Select 'Register Now and complete the registration form.
- Step 3: After completing the form, click 'Submit to Register' to validate and submit it.
- Step 4: Login information will be provided through email or SMS; click the same to validate the email.
- Step 5: Fill in the other data after logging in with the registered id and password (GATE score).
- Step 6: Submit your information.
A candidate cannot access any information on offers made by participating academic institutions after completing the COAP registration process. However, the offer will be published on the portal and include the COAP Registration number, the same as the GATE registration number but without the topic code.
Procedure to Check Admission Offers Through GATE COAP 2022
The candidates can check the admissions offered by the participating institutes on the GATE COAP portal. To check admission status, candidates must log into the portal using valid credentials. In addition, candidates should check the following steps to check the COAP seat allotment result for the year 2022 for all admissions.
- Visit the GATE COAP 2022 portal.
- Login with a valid COAP 2022 ID and password.
- Select Seat Allotment from the drop-down menu.
- The screen displays the institute-by-institute seat allotment as well as the application status.
- Candidates must confirm their seat assignment by selecting three options: Accept & Freeze, Retain & Wait, or Reject & Wait.
Steps to Register for COAP/GATE 2022 Counselling Process
1. A candidate must have the following data to register at COAP 2022,
- GATE Registration number(s),
- Valid GATE score(s),
- Date of birth,
- Email ID,
- Mobile number.
2. Candidates qualified in GATE 2022/ 2021/ 2020 and wished to apply for M.Tech. admission to participating institutes should be registered at COAP 2022.
3. A candidate will be able to access information on offers made by the participating institutes after completing registration at COAP 2022
4. Offers will be uploaded by the participating Institutes / PSUs at COAP and tagged with the COAP registration number.
5. Registration will only be successful when a candidate completes the login procedure with the help of the input received via Email / SMS. The email will contain a website URL for logging in and the login ID, and the SMS will contain the password.
6. Candidates are advised to enter all valid GATE scores while filling out the application.
7. Click the 'Submit' button to complete the registration process.
8. After clicking the "Submit" button, the application process to COAP2022 is completed.
GATE COAP 2022 Counseling Options
After the admission offer is made, the candidate has three options on the GATE COAP 2022 portal: Accept & Freeze, Retain & Wait, and Reject & Wait. Let us discuss these available options in detail.
GATE COAP 2022 Counseling option- Accept & Freeze
A candidate chooses this option if they are willing to accept the current offers and do not want to be considered for higher preferences in future rounds.
- Candidates who choose this option will be disqualified from receiving an admission offer in subsequent rounds.
- After selecting the 'Accept and Freeze' option, the candidate must confirm their decision by clicking the submit button. Following that, the candidate should go to the Admission Portal of the particular Academic Institute and follow the instructions on the website.
GATE COAP 2022 Counseling option- Retain & Wait
Candidates who express partial acceptance to any available offers and would like to be evaluated for upgrading to the candidate's higher preferences in the upcoming round of offers should select this option.
- Candidates who choose this option will be disqualified from the current round's other rejected offers.
- The existing 'Retain and Wait' offer will be released if a better-preferred offer is made in the following round. An applicant can only choose "Retain and Wait" twice on the same offer (same institute and program).
- However, in the subsequent round(s) of admission offered by the participating academic Institutes, the candidate will be considered for other higher preferences.
GATE COAP 2022 Counseling Option- Reject & Wait
If the candidate does not want to accept any of the admission offers in the current round, this option After selecting the 'Reject and Wait' option, the candidate must confirm the decision by clicking submit should be chosen.
- In the subsequent round(s) of admission given in any participating academic Institutes, the candidate will be considered for other higher preferences. Please note that the identical offer will not appear in consecutive rounds because you dey clicking submit.
- To check which colleges are best in India, check - NIRF Ranking 2022 for Top Engineering Colleges in India.
If you aim to crack GATE & ESE, Other PSU Exams, then you must try Online Classroom Program:
- Click here to avail Online Classroom Program for Mechanical Engineering
- Click here to benefit Online Classroom Program for Civil Engineering
- Click here to benefit Online Classroom Program for Electrical Engineering
- Click here to benefit Online Classroom Program for Electronics Engineering
- Click here to benefit Online Classroom Program for Computer Science Engineering