Which Country named the Cyclone 'Amphan'?
- Each of the eight nations that receive cyclone advisories from the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) provides a list of names.
- Every time a cyclone strikes, a name is chosen based on the sequence in which the other names have been submitted.
- A cyclone may be given a name by any nation.
- On December 28, 2018, Pabuk began as a tropical disturbance in the South China Sea (Gulf of Thailand).
- On April 26, 2019, a tropical depression west of Sumatra in the Indian Ocean gave rise to Fani.
- Vayu was born from a low-pressure region that the India Meteorological Department (IMD) first identified on June 9 near the northern Maldives.
- Thailand gave the tropical cyclone the name Amphan.
- It is classified as category 5 on the Saffir-Simpson wind scale with a speed of 157 miles per hour or greater and is pronounced as Um-pun, which means sky.
- It originated in the Bay of Bengal as depression and eventually became a Super Cyclone.
- It is catastrophic in nature and inflicted significant harm in the states of Bangladesh, West Bengal, and Odisha in May 2020.
- It is India's fourth-costliest cyclone, with damage totaling US$13,000,000.
- Amphan is classified as a Super Cyclone by IMD. After Cyclone Kyarr in 2019 and Cyclone Gonu in 2007, this is the third super cyclone to hit the North Indian Ocean region.
Which Country has Given the Name of Cyclone Amphan? 1. Indonesia, 2. Thailand, 3. India, 4. Srilanka
The name of cyclone Amphan was given by Thailand. The extreme swirl surrounded by powerful winds in the atmosphere is a cyclone.
- Image formed by Plane Mirror is always______
- Which of the following is Good Conductor of Heat?
- Which of the following is not a part of the steam power plant? 1. Switchyard 2. Ash precipitators 3. Draught fan 4. Surge Chamber
- Which of the following statements is correct? 1. Administrative expenses are apportioned among various departments on the basis of the purchase value of each department. 2. Administrative expenses are apportioned among various departments on the basis of the sales value of each department. 3. Administrative expenses are apportioned among various departments on the basis of the value of assets of each department. 4. Administrative expenses are apportioned among various departments based on the time employees spend in each department.
- Which one of the following has a terminating decimal expansion?
Commentswrite a comment