Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army 10+2 TES Entry: The TES stands for Technical Entry Scheme. As the name suggests, entering the Indian army as an officer is a technical entry. The TES is more or less like UES & TGC entries of the Indian army, but in the case of UES & TGC aspirants applying for it after doing their engineering from the outside; TES is an opportunity for the candidates to join the technical branch of the Indian army after 10+2, but according to the vacancies aspirants can join other fields also such as infantry, artillery, etc.
- Nationality: An aspirant must either be:
(i) A citizen of India, or
(ii) A subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) A subject of Nepal, or
(iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 to permanently settle in India, or
(v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
Provided that an aspirant belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above, shall be a person in whose oblige a certificate of eligibility issued by Govt. of India is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the compulsory certificate being given to him by the Govt. before the declaration of result by NDA SSB or join the training.
- Age: 16½ years & above 19½ years
- Education: Only those aspirants who have passed the 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics from a recognized education board are eligible to apply for this particular entry. The eligibility condition for calculating the PCM percentage of various state or central boards will be based only on marks obtained in the 12th Class.
Note: Height relaxable up to 2.5 centimeters may be allowed where the Medical Board authorizes that the aspirant is likely to grow & meet the required standard on completing his training.
Indian Army 10+2 TES Entry Training: The comprehensive training will be five years; details are as follows:
- Basic Military Training: 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- Technical Training: (i) Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad), (ii) Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
- Award of Degree: The aspirants will be awarded an Engineering degree after the successful conclusion of training as given out in Para 6 (a) & (b) above. No ante date seniority preference will be admissible to aspirants because of this Engineering degree. Suppose any candidate fails to qualify for the following year's examination. In that case, the similar will result in loss of seniority them & they will forfeit seniority to the period of delay in passing the Engineering degree examination. If candidates fail to qualify within 3 years of commissioning, their commission will be terminated.
- Type of Commission: On completing four years of the course, cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
- Seniority: Cadets will be granted seniority on total order of merit of the three technical institutes combined, i.e., CME, MCEME, MCTE, and in case the date of commissioning coincides with that of the IMA, Dehradun, cadets will be placed en-block junior to IMA (NDA or ACC or DE Course).