- Focus on moving wheels of the economy
- Fight rumours of lockdown and move towards unlocking 2.0
- Reasons for unlock 2.0
- Recovery rate is good in India, at around 52%
- Health infrastructure has been rammed up -improved quarantine facilities, ventilators access etc.
- Arogya Setu's efficacy was emphasised. The states where Aarogya Setu app has been downloaded in large numbers have done better. Efforts should be made to increase the reach of the app.
- The mantra should be “trace, Track and isolate”.
- India has moved from complete lockdown and we need to learn to “live with the virus”
- Need to protect “lives along with livelihoods”.
- Focus on “Jan Bhagidari”-is necessary for this fight against COVID-19 and people must be reminded to use face covers, masks, and maintaining social distancing.
- Support to frontline corona warriors
- Stigmatisation needs to be countered. Govt. should disseminate information - corona not necessarily life-threatening - by making people aware of the high number of those who have defeated the virus and recovered.
- Positive outcomes of Lockdown - a large number of cases averted and lives saved, the spread of awareness, and ramping up of health infrastructure.
- Economic indicators showing signs of revival
- Green shoots in the economy (increase in - consumption of power, toll collection, sowing of Kharif growing, bumper procurement of rabi crops)
- Steps were taken under Atmanirbhar Bharat to supply a fillip to MSMEs, farming and agriculture marketing.
- Highlighted increase in domestic manufacturing capabilities of masks, PPEs, availability of diagnostic kits and supply of local ventilators using PM-CARES fund.
- States briefed about the ground situation and their preparedness to tackle the impact of the virus, like home quarantine, non-conventional infrastructure as seen in Delhi eg, banquet halls as quarantine centres.
- The high density of population and risk of transmission
- Difficulty in maintaining physical distancing
- Daily movement of people in huge numbers
- Gains of lockdown - should not be given away with Unlock 2.0
Need to give constant emphasis on health infrastructure, information symptoms, public participation and emotional support. Move towards unlocking 2.0 with better preparation and focus on both “lives and livelihoods”.
Check other links also:
Commentswrite a comment