HCS Syllabus 2022
Haryana Public Service Commission categorizes HCS Syllabus 2022 into three stages, Prelims, Mains and Interview. The HCS Pre Syllabus consists of two objective papers while the Mains syllabus of HCS consists of three papers and one optional paper that is subjective type. HCS syllabus for Prelims is for 100 marks each for General Studies 1 and General Aptitude whereas the HCS mains syllabus has 3 papers i.e English, and Hindi is 100 marks, General Studies, and one optional paper is for 200 marks each. You can go through the latest syllabus of HPSC HCS syllabus below that is mentioned for the following stages:
- HCS Prelims Syllabus
- HCS Mains Syllabus
- HCS Interview
As HCS selection process comprises prelims, mains and interviews so, there will be a separate syllabus for all exams. Haryana Civil Services prelims exam is qualifying in nature. The candidates who will secure the HCS cutoff marks for prelims as released by the Commission will appear for the HCS exam for Mains. Further, if you have qualified for the mains exam, then you will further be called for an interview. We have discussed HCS syllabus for prelims and mains exam in detail along with the HCS exam pattern below.
HCS Syllabus 2022 - Prelims
HCS Prelims syllabus consists of 2 Paper i.e General Studies and General Aptitude. HCS syllabus for Prelims has been formulated to build the foundation for the candidates to prepare for the mains exam. HPSC Syllabus for Prelims includes topics such as Indian and World Geography, General Science, Economic, and Social Development, Environment, etc. General Awareness should be prepared with reference to Haryana as well. The HCS Prelims exam syllabus is as follows:
|HCS Prelims Syllabus|
|General Studies ||General Aptitude|
- Indian and World Geography
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian Culture, Indian Polity, and Indian Economy.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- General Science.
- General Mental Ability.
- Haryana's economy and people. Social, economic, and cultural institutions and language of Haryana
- Reading Comprehension
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Interpersonal skills including communication skill
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy
- Data interpretation
HCS Mains Syllabus
HCS mains syllabus consists of 3 papers and 1 optional paper. Out of the 3 papers, Paper 1 is English, Paper 2 will have Hindi, Paper 3 is General Studies, and the other paper is the optional paper that have to be selected by the candidates out of 20 papers. Below HCS mains syllabus is given:
HPSC Paper 1: English and English Essay
Here is the syllabus for the HPSC English Paper.
- Precise writing
- Comprehension skills
- Word usage and vocabulary
- General Grammar knowledge
- Writing an Essay
HPSC Paper 2: Hindi and Hindi Essay
You will have to write the HPSC Hindi paper in Hindi Devnagri Script. Here is the syllabus for the HCS Hindi Paper.
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
- Letter writing or precise writing
- Explanation of a Hindi passage that can be either prose or poetry in the same language.
- Composition (idioms, corrections, etc.)
- Essay on a topic.
HPSC Paper 3: General Studies
The HCS General Studies syllabus will have two parts in it: General studies topics and International Oriented topics. This section aims to test your general awareness and general knowledge that will be required by you to make a career in the civil services of Haryana.
Here is the syllabus for the HCS Paper II syllabus:
- Indian History and Indian Culture
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity with special emphasis on Indian Nationalist Movement
- History of Modern India and Indian Culture
- Current national issues and topics of social relevance
- Demography and Human Resources & related issues.
- India and the World
- Indian Economy
- Developments in the field of science and technology, communications, and space.
- Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams.
HPSC Paper 4 Optional Paper
HPSC Paper 4 is an optional paper. You can select any one subject out of a list of given subjects.
- Political science & international relations
- Animal husbandry & Veterinary science
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Punjabi literature
- Public administration
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Indian history
This is the last stage of the HCS recruitment 2021-2022 is the interview. HCS Interview is 75 marks. Candidates who will obtain the minimum cutoff marks will be called to appear for Haryana HCS interview. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a Haryana Public Service Commission.
HCS interview aims to test if you are suitable for being appointed as Haryana Civil Service Officer. Your intellectual traits, mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, variety, and depth of interest, etc will be judged in this stage.
HCS Exam Pattern 2022
HCS Exam Pattern includes HPSC HCS prelims and mains exam. Candidates can understand the HPSC syllabus subject-wise as per the exam pattern more clearly. Thus here we have discussed the HCS Prelims and Mains Exam Pattern below.
HCS Prelims Exam Pattern
HCS Prelims exam pattern comprises two compulsory papers, General Studies, and General Aptitude Test.
- HCS Prelims exam comprises objective multiple-choice questions.
- There is 1/4th negative marking for each wrong answer attempted.
- Merit is decided only on the basis of the General Studies paper and only 33% of qualifying marks need to be scored in paper 2.
- There is no sectional or subject-specific cutoff.
- Each paper of the HCS Prelims exam is of a duration of 2 hours.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|| Duration|
|100 Marks||2 Hours|
|General Aptitude ||100||100 Marks||2 Hours|
HCS Mains Exam Pattern
All the candidates who will secure the qualifying marks in the HCS Prelims exam will be called to appear for HCS mains exam. HPSC HCS mains exam is of utmost importance to every candidate who will be taking this test as the marks secured by you in this paper will be taken into consideration for preparing the merit list.
- HCS main exam will have 4 papers.
- HCS Paper 4 will be an optional paper where you have to select any one paper out of 29 subjects.
- The questions asked in the HCS Mains Exam will be conventional and subjective in nature.
Paper-1: English (including English essay)
Paper-2: Hindi (including Hindi essay in Devanagari script)
Paper-3: General Studies
Paper-4:One Optional Subject
| ||600 Marks|