|Objective||Points to Remember|
Assistance to Disabled Persons for Shopping / Fitting of Aids/appliances (ADIP Scheme)
- To assist disabled people in the procurement of affordable, advanced, scientifically developed, functional, standard aids and equipment that can facilitate their physical, social and psychological recovery by reducing the impact of disabilities and enhancing their economic potential.
- The scheme is implemented through implementation agencies such as NGOs, National Institutes under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, and ALIMCO (an artificial limb manufacturing PSU).
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
- To provide physical aids & assisted-living devices for all Senior citizens belonging to BPL category.
- Coverage: Senior citizens who belong to the BPL group and who are suffering from some age-related disability/infirmity Impaired vision, hearing impairment, teeth loss, and locomotive impairment
- Assisted-living systems that can restore their bodily functions to near normality, eliminating the embodied disability/infirmity. They are cost-free.
- Funding: This is a public sector scheme, which is entirely funded by the Central Government. The scheme implementation budget will be funded from the "Welfare Fund for Senior Citizens."
- Implemented Agency: Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO).
SWACHHTA UDYAMI YOJANA
- It aims to promote cleanliness and also provide a livelihood to Safai Karamcharis and liberates Manual Scavengers.
- The scheme was launched on October 2nd, 2014.
- Implemented Agency: National Safari Karmacharis Finance & Development Corporation (NSKFDC).
- It is for extending financial assistance for Construction, Operation & Maintenance of Pay and Use Community Toilets in Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Mode and Procurement & Operation of Sanitation related Vehicles.
SUGAMYA BHARAT ABHIYAN/ ACCESSIBLE INDIA CAMPAIGN
- Achieving universal accessibility for persons with disabilities.
- The initiative was divided into three verticals to establish universal accessibility for people with disabilities: Built Environment Accessibility, Transport Network Accessibility, and Accessibility to the Information & Communication Ecosystem.
- It is in line with UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD). India is a signatory to this agreement.
- Few Other initiatives under this:
- Divyang Sarathi Mobile App- For easy information to Divyangjans (Persons with disabilities) pertaining to the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), including its various acts, rules, regulations and guidelines, etc.
- “Sugamya Pustakalaya”, an online library for Persons with print disabilities
SELF EMPLOYMENT SCHEME FOR THE REHABILITATION OF MANUAL SCAVENGERS (SRMS)
- To assist the manual scavengers for their rehabilitation in alternative professions, found during various surveys.
- Central Sector Scheme
- One-time cash assistance is provided to identified manual scavengers, one from each family.
- Other benefits.
- Project loans pay at concessional interest rates.
- Back-end capital subsidy related to credit.
- Professional Growth Curriculum with a stipend for up to 2 years.
PRADHAN MANTRI ADARSH GRAM YOJANA (PMAGY)
- To ensure the holistic development of 1000 selected villages with more than 50 percent SC population by incorporating them into "model villages" in order to make them self sufficient for their socio-economic growth.
- Developing Adarsh Gram (Model Villages) should be filled with all the requisite facilities for a dignified life.
- Few of the components are like: Physical infrastructure, sanitation and climate, social infrastructure, human growth, and social peace and livelihoods.
DEEN DAYAL DISABLED REHABILITATION SCHEME (DRDS)
- To create an environment where equal opportunities, fairness, social justice, and empowerment are guaranteed
- Central Sector Scheme.
- To facilitate delivery of various services to PwDs by voluntary organizations, the Ministry is providing grants-in-aid to NGOs.
- Promotes voluntary action to provide rehabilitation services.
Integrated program for Old age Persons
- Central Sector Scheme.
- The objective is to improve the quality of life of senior citizens by making basic services accessible