UPSC CSE 2020: Free Mock Interview Program
UPSC CSE Personality Test
The Interview is part of the second phase of the civil services examination, but it is conducted only after the candidate qualifies the written stage of it. After qualifying both Written and Interview, the candidate is selected for various administrative services and posts. The service, cadre, or posts are designated based on the marks secured in the Mains examination (Written and Interview).
Note: Candidates who are declared qualified to have the marks counted for all the compulsory papers, i.e., Paper I – Paper VII and marks of the Interview for the Personality Test.
Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper-I to Paper-VII) and Marks obtained in the Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking. Therefore, interviewing is crucial, and it carries 275 marks with no minimum qualifying marks. The marks secured contribute significantly to securing the ranking. The candidate's written expression has already been checked in the Mains examination, so It is not merely a test of knowledge but the preferences expressed by the candidates for various services and posts.
The Commission notifies through the UPSC Notification that at any time before or after the Prelims, Mains, i.e., both at Written and Interview, if the candidate is found not fulfilling any of the eligibility conditions, the candidature is likely to get cancelled and may have to face disciplinary action under the Rule 14 of the Civil Services Examination.
As the UPSC Notification, the interview board has the candidate's career record and is asked questions concerning the general interest. The Interview aims to assess personal suitability for a public service career. A candidate's personality is evaluated by a Board of unbiased and competent observers. The personality test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate.
Broadly, it is an assessment of mental alertness, intellectual qualities, social traits, and his/her general inclination and understanding of contemporary issues.
BYJU'S Exam Prep is announcing a FREE Mock Interview Program for UPSC 2020
To attend, click here:
Highlights of the program
The Interview Program will help you with:
- DAF Analysis
- UPSC Interview simulation: Mock Interview
- Interview Feedback
- Recording of your interview- a video recorded session for critical self-assessment
- No charges at All! Absolutely Free of Cost!
- UPSC like Interview panel by exposing the candidate to the experience of
- Bureaucrats, both serving and retired, renowned personalities such as Shri J.P. Singh, IAS, Retd. Chief Secretary, Meghalaya, Shri BL Vohra, IPS and JP Singh, IAS.
- Subject matter experts and faculty members
- Psychoanalysts and personality analyst
- Essential inputs concerning social and emotional quotient
- Diligent and realistic feedback for personality improvement, verbal and non-verbal communication
All the Best!