The CSIR NET exam consists of 3 sections, first section is the General Aptitude section consists of 20 multiple-choice questions whereas sections B and C consist of 50 and 75 subject-specific questions. To qualify CSIR NET exam, one has to prepare from the best study material. Candidates often get confused about which books to refer to as there are so many books and study material available in the market and online. Before moving further, let's quickly check some of the important points that you should consider while choosing the best reference books for the upcoming CSIR UGC NET 2022.
Powerful Tips Before Choosing the Best CSIR NET Life Science 2022 Books
- Always Check Expiry Date: Before buying any book or study material for the CSIR UGC NET exam, always check the year of publication and edition similarly as we check the medicines’ expiry date. The newer version of the books will be updated with new discoveries, images, and other important information.
- Choose Books from Notable Authors Only: Choose CSIR NET Life Science Books curated by notable authors only or reputed/popular publishing houses because such books will be much more reliable and have useful information.
- Previous Year Papers: You should also include those books from good authors with previous years’ CSIR NET Earth Science question papers and sample papers that would be the best choice. Practicing more and more CSIR NET question papers, sample papers, and mock tests will definitely increase your chances to crack this exam.
- Compare between 2-3 Books: Compare the topics and contents with 2-3 other books and validate the information with your advisors NET preparation specialists, or teachers.
- Choose those books which contain flow charts, diagrams, illustrations, tables, etc.
List of Top Reference Books for CSIR NET 2022 Life Sciences Exam
We have provided below the unit-wise best reference books for CSIR UGC NET Life Science exam 2022 in a tabulated form, you can also click on the link to buy these books online.
|Unit Name and Subject||Book Name||Buy Online|
Unit: Molecules and their Interaction Relevant to Biology
Subject: Biochemistry and Metabolism
|Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry- Nelson and Cox||Click Here|
|Biochemistry: International Edition by Stryer, Berg and Tymoczko||Click Here|
|Principles of Biochemistry by Voet||Click Here|
|ENZYMES: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Clinical Chemistry, 2/E by Trevor Palmer and Philip Bonner||Click Here|
|Plant Biochemistry by Walter||Click Here|
Unit: Cellular Organization
Subject: Cell and Molecular Biology
|Molecular Cell Biology- Lodish||Click Here|
|Cell and Molecular Biology: Concepts and Experiments by Gerald Karp||Click Here|
|Cell And Molecular Biology / 8th Edition by Robertis De||Click Here|
|The Cell: A Molecular Approach by Geoffrey M. Cooper, and Robert E. Hausman||Click Here|
|Molecular Biology of the Gene by James D. Watson||Click Here|
Unit: Cell Signalling
|Kuby Immunology- Owen,Punt,Stanford,7th Ed||Click Here|
|Essential Immunology by Ivan M. Roitt||Click Here|
|Immunology (Schaum’s series) By Pinchuk||Click Here|
|Immunology (Instant notes) by Lydyard||Click Here|
|Microbiology by Prescott||Click Here|
|Microbiology by Pelczar||Click Here|
|Brock Biology of Microorganisms by Madigan||Click Here|
|Developmental Biology - Scott F. Gilbert||Click Here|
|Molecular Cell Biology- Lodish||Click Here|
System Physiology – Plant
|Plant Physiology - Taiz and Zeiger||Click Here|
|Plant Physiology by Ross and Salisbury||Click Here|
|Introductory Plant Biology by Stern||Click Here|
System Physiology – Animal
|Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology||Click Here|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology by Graaff||Click Here|
|Animal Biology (Instant Notes) by Jurd||Click Here|
Unit: Inheritance Biology
|Principles of Genetics- D. Peter Snustad, Michael J. Simmons||Click Here|
|Principles of Genetics- Robert H. Tamrin||Click Here|
|Principles of gene manipulations by Sandy B Primrose Dr. Richard Twyman||Click Here|
|Genetics: A Conceptual Approach by Benjamin A. Pierce||Click Here|
|Genetics: Principles and Analysis by Daniel L Hartl and Elizabeth W. Jones||Click Here|
|Bioinformatics by Baevanis & Oullette||Click Here|
|Introduction to Bioinformatics by Lesk||Click Here|
|Bioinformatics (Instant Notes) by Hodgman||Click Here|
Unit: Ecological Principles
|Ecology by Odum||Click Here|
|Elements of Ecology By Smith & Smith||Click Here|
|Ecology: Principles And Applications by JL Chapman and MJ Reiss||Click Here|
Evolution and Behavior
|Evolution by Strickberger||Click Here|
|The Evolution Handbook by Vance Ferrell||Click Here|
|Theory of Evolution by Dawkins & Maynard||Click Here|
Unit: Applied Biology
|Biotechnology-B D Singh||Click Here|
|Genomes 3 by T.A. Brown||Click Here|
|Principles of Fermentation Technology by Stanbury||Click Here|
|Industrial Microbiology by Casida||Click Here|
|Introduction To Plant Tissue Culture by Razdan MK||Click Here|
Unit: Methods in Biology
Subject: Molecular Biology and Recombinant DNA methods
|Principles of Gene Manipulation and Genomics-S.B. Primrose and R.M. Twyman||Click Here|
|Principles and Techniques of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology- Wilson and Walker||Click Here|
|Biophysical Chemistry (Principles and Techniques) By Upadhyay||Click Here|
The list shared above has been created on the basis of the review of students as well as top ratings. We hope these books will help you in your preparation for CSIR NET JRF Exam.
Preparation Tips for CSIR NET Life Science 2022
- Know the complete syllabus of CSIR-NET 2022 - Keep updated with the latest Complete Syllabus of CSIR UGC NET with Exam pattern.
- Effective study plan - Make a study plan first to easily identify the subjects of your choice, try to give them colour codes. Even though you can mark each one of your subjects with a separate colour code instead of calling them by name.
- Set a target to achieve everything - Set a target for yourself on a daily basis, and try to achieve it in a particular time frame. Include extra portions in that target apart from your CSIR NET reference books.
- Clear your doubts with your teachers - The first rule for clearing your doubts is - not to feel shy. Just approach your teacher whenever you face any problem in any subject and put forward your query.
- Solve Previous Year Question papers - Once you have studied well all the syllabus that you need to cover for the CSIR-NET Life Science exam. You should start solving previous year papers which will not only give you a clear understanding of the type of questions that are being asked in the examination but it can also evaluate your speed and accuracy for each question.
~ If you have any doubts, feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Best of Luck!!
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!!
Go BYJU'S Exam Prep