The CSIR NET exam consists of 3 sections, first section is the General Aptitude section consists of 20 multiple-choice questions whereas sections B and C consist of 50 and 75 subject-specific questions. To qualify CSIR NET exam, one has to prepare from the best CSIR NET life science books and study material.
Powerful Tips for Choosing the Best Books for CSIR NET Life Science
The powerful important tips which will help you in selecting the best books for the CSIR NET life science exam. Candidates must check the important points before selecting the study material for the preparation.
- Always Check Expiry Date: Before buying any book or study material for the exam, always check the year of publication and edition similarly as we check the medicines’ expiry date. The newer version of the books will be updated with new discoveries, images, and other important information.
- Choose Books from Notable Authors Only: Choose CSIR NET Life Science Books curated by notable authors only or reputed/popular publishing houses because such books will be much more reliable and have useful information.
- Previous Year Papers: You should also include those books from good authors with previous years’ CSIR NET Life Science question papers and sample papers that would be the best choice. Practicing more and more CSIR NET question papers, sample papers, and mock tests will definitely increase your chances to crack this exam.
- Compare between 2-3 Books: Compare the topics and contents with 2-3 other books and validate the information with your advisor's NET preparation specialists, or teachers.
- Choose those books which contain flow charts, diagrams, illustrations, tables, etc.
List of Best Books for CSIR NET Life Sciences Exam
We have provided below the unit-wise best reference books for the CSIR NET of Life Science exam in a tabulated form, you can also click on the link to buy these books online.
|Unit Name and Subject||Book Name|
Unit: Molecules and their Interaction Relevant to Biology
Subject: Biochemistry and Metabolism
|Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry- Nelson, and Cox|
|Biochemistry: International Edition by Stryer, Berg and Tymoczko|
|Principles of Biochemistry by Voet|
|ENZYMES: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Clinical Chemistry, 2/E by Trevor Palmer and Philip Bonner|
|Plant Biochemistry by Walter|
Unit: Cellular Organization
Subject: Cell and Molecular Biology
|Molecular Cell Biology- Lodish|
|Cell and Molecular Biology: Concepts and Experiments by Gerald Karp|
|Cell And Molecular Biology / 8th Edition by Robertis De|
|The Cell: A Molecular Approach by Geoffrey M. Cooper, and Robert E. Hausman|
|Molecular Biology of the Gene by James D. Watson|
Unit: Cell Signalling
|Kuby Immunology- Owen, Punt, Stanford,7th Ed|
|Essential Immunology by Ivan M. Roitt|
|Immunology (Schaum’s series) By Pinchuk|
|Immunology (Instant notes) by Lydyard|
|Microbiology by Prescott|
|Microbiology by Pelczar|
|Brock Biology of Microorganisms by Madigan|
|Developmental Biology - Scott F. Gilbert|
|Molecular Cell Biology- Lodish|
System Physiology – Plant
|Plant Physiology - Taiz and Zeiger|
|Plant Physiology by Ross and Salisbury|
|Introductory Plant Biology by Stern|
System Physiology – Animal
|Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology by Graaff|
|Animal Biology (Instant Notes) by Jurd|
Unit: Inheritance Biology
|Principles of Genetics- D. Peter Snustad, Michael J. Simmons|
|Principles of Genetics- Robert H. Tamrin|
|Principles of gene manipulations by Sandy B Primrose Dr. Richard Twyman|
|Genetics: A Conceptual Approach by Benjamin A. Pierce|
|Genetics: Principles and Analysis by Daniel L Hartl and Elizabeth W. Jones|
|Bioinformatics by Baevanis & Oullette|
|Introduction to Bioinformatics by Lesk|
|Bioinformatics (Instant Notes) by Hodgman|
Unit: Ecological Principles
|Ecology by Odum|
|Elements of Ecology By Smith & Smith|
|Ecology: Principles And Applications by JL Chapman and MJ Reiss|
Evolution and Behavior
|Evolution by Strickberger|
|The Evolution Handbook by Vance Ferrell|
|Theory of Evolution by Dawkins & Maynard|
Unit: Applied Biology
|Biotechnology-B D Singh|
|Genomes 3 by T.A. Brown|
|Principles of Fermentation Technology by Stanbury|
|Industrial Microbiology by Casida|
|Introduction To Plant Tissue Culture by Razdan MK|
Unit: Methods in Biology
Subject: Molecular Biology and Recombinant DNA methods
|Principles of Gene Manipulation and Genomics-S.B. Primrose and R.M. Twyman|
|Principles and Techniques of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology- Wilson and Walker|
|Biophysical Chemistry (Principles and Techniques) By Upadhyay|
The list shared above has been created on the basis of the review of students as well as top ratings. We hope these books will help you in your preparation for CSIR NET JRF Exam.
Why Are These CSIR NET Life Science Books Suitable
The candidates can check the points given below to acknowledge the reason why and how the books mentioned above can help them in their preparation for the CSIR NET Life Science Syllabus.
- These books contain the concepts and details in a very effective way to learn, therefore the students will understand them completely and profoundly.
- The information given in these books is authentic and reliable.
- The way of presenting the topics is very detailed and comprehensive
- These books also contain MCQs and Practice questions at the end of every chapter
- The books also contain flowcharts, mind maps, diagrams, tables, images, etc to help the students to learn the topics more effectively.
How to Prepare with CSIR NET Life Science Books
It is important to check the study plan and CSIR NET Life Science Preparation Tips to get through the exam with good marks and ranks. Every serious candidate must follow the tips provided by the experts.
- Know the complete syllabus of CSIR NET 2022 - Keep updated with the latest Complete Syllabus of CSIR UGC NET with Exam patterns.
- Effective study plan - Make a study plan first to easily identify the subjects of your choice, and try to give them color codes. Even though you can mark each one of your subjects with a separate color code instead of calling them by name.
- Set a target to achieve everything - Set a target for yourself on a daily basis, and try to achieve it in a particular time frame. Include extra portions in that target apart from your CSIR NET reference books.
- Clear your doubts with your teachers - The first rule for clearing your doubts is - not to feel shy. Just approach your teacher whenever you face any problem in any subject and put forward your query.
- Solve Previous Year Question papers - Once you have studied well all the syllabus that you need to cover for the CSIR-NET Life Science exam. You should start solving CSIR NET Life Science previous year's papers which will not only give you a clear understanding of the type of questions that are being asked in the examination but can also evaluate your speed and accuracy for each question.
~ If you have any doubts, feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Best of Luck!!
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!!
Go BYJU'S Exam Prep