Design of steel structures is one the subjects which definitely appears in each Civil engineering exam but the marks weightage from this subject remains moderate. So candidates must prepare the subject thoroughly to avoid the loss of even a single mark in the competitive exam.
For complete preparation, here we are providing a list of the Best Books for the Civil Engineering exam such as GATE, ESE, BARC etc.
Design of Steel Structures by S.K.Duggal
- The book covers the topics in-depth, yet at the same time in a concise and student-friendly way.
- The content has been arranged in a very organized and graded manner- (e.g. Chapter 6 on Tension Members)
- The flow is very well structured and topics have been broken into subtopics- increasing clarity.
Design of Steel Structures by N. Subramanian
- The text introduces the modern limit states approach to design which reflects the latest developments. It includes topics such as the types of steel structures, properties of steel, important areas of structural steel technology, welded connections, bolted connections, design of plate girders, design of trusses, and design of beam columns.
- The design of steel structures covered in this book is as per the latest code of practice for general construction in steel (IS 800:2007).
- It provides coverage of the design of steel structures in accordance with the latest code of practice for general construction in steel (IS 800:2007).
- Each chapter includes review questions, solved examples, practise problems and a sufficient number of illustrations to supplement the text.
Design Of Steel Structures by L Negi
- It is a comprehensive textbook for Civil Engineering students. It gives students a detailed account of the aspects and design of simple steel structures.
- this is a complete book with good inferences which makes it easier for the student to learn the concepts.
For a detailed schedule of the GATE Civil Engineering(CE) 2022 Champion Study Plan, Click here
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai