Application of Electolytic cell
- The main use of electrolytic cells is to create oxygen and hydrogen gas from water.
- They are also employed in the process of removing aluminium from bauxite.
- The technique of creating a thin protective layer of one metal on the surface of another metal, known as electroplating, is another noteworthy use of electrolytic cells.
- Electrolytic cells are used to electrorefine a variety of non-ferrous metals.
- Processes for electrowinning also employ such electrochemical cells.
What is the Difference Between Electrochemical Cell and Electrolytic Cell?
Unlike electrolytic cells, which change electrical energy into chemical energy, electrochemical cells change chemical energy into electrical energy.
- What is a Displacement Reaction? Give an Example.
- What is Effective Atomic Number Calculate Effective Atomic Number of Copper Z 29 in Cunh342?
- What is Inert Pair Effect? Explain With an Example.
- What is the Allosteric Inhibitor? Explain With an Example.
- What is the Difference Between Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells?
- What is Totipotency?