Key Points for UGC NET History 2023
Having the UGC NET curriculum on hand is the first step before taking the JRF in History. Continue to read the syllabus until you have internalised every word.
- Determine the regions that are scoring and from which NTA is repeatedly posing queries.
- Determine your historical strengths and weaknesses. For instance, the history of modern India is highly impressive. Don't miss any queries from this section, therefore.
- Improve your weak points. Candidates, for instance, have difficulty with ancient India. So more time needs to be invested here.
- Avoid reading any of the market's UGC NET reference books.
- Read the books that you previously read for graduation and afterward.
- Take practise tests/mock tests for preparation.
- Take paper-2 seriously. Some candidates just concentrate on Paper 1 and overlook the fact that Paper 2 carries 200 points. You could lose JRF.
How to Prepare for UGC NET History 2023?
1. Previous Year Paper Analysis:
- One of the key conclusions that can be reached from examining the UGC NET's previous year papers, is that the NTA evaluates applicants' objective knowledge.
- It is evident that after earning your postgraduate degree in history, you must have strong critical thinking abilities to respond to the questions.
- NTA asks objective questions, yet only someone with subjective knowledge can interpret an objective inquiry.
- Prior to providing a solution, try to situate the question within the time limit.
Most Important areas
Chronology of events
Bhakti and Sufi
Painting and Architecture
Travelers (ancient and medieval India)
- Modern India- 33-34
- Ancient India- 32-33
- Medieval India-34
- All sections had an almost equal weightage
Takeaways from the ongoing trend of question papers:
- Expect at least 10 questions from the national movement, which is the section with the highest scoring percentage.
- The most frequently asked question is on the order of rulers and events. The chronology-based questions range from six to seven. Therefore, it is crucial to comprehend history.
- Ancient and mediaeval Indian literature plays a significant role.
- Painting and architecture are very significant.
- It is crucial to cover these topics as comprehensively as possible.
- Develop the practise of removing alternatives. Only when you revise more and more is this possible.
- Develop analytical and critical thinking abilities.
2. Strategy for UGC NET History Paper 2
- If you still have three months to prepare for the UGC NET, you shouldn't waste any more time and should go to work right now.
- Give history at least 4 hours of your time.
- Read the history textbooks recommended below. Limit the sources you use. Review them repeatedly.
- Become conscious of the pattern.
- Make sure you are familiar with all the key details listed in the curriculum.
- Make brief notes as you read in order to modify them afterwards.
- Regularly practise the test questions from last year. The applicants will learn about the subjects that NTA commonly examines as a result of this.
- Determine the amount of time that has to be committed to each topic based on your interest and retention capacity.
- Review each subject you have learned. The revision should be timed at regular times throughout your preparation, not simply after you finish a particular topic.
- Prepare clever approaches to answering queries. When answering many history questions, for example, whether there are multiple choice or column matching questions, the process of elimination performs exceptionally well.
- Last but not least, pay attention to Paper 1 because it will contribute to your overall exam grade.
3. Important Books for UGC NET History Paper 2
- Upender Singh- A History of Ancient and Early Medieval India: From the Stone Age to the 12th Century (best book for ancient India)
- RS Sharma- India's Ancient Past (for basic understanding)
- Satish Chandra- Part-1 and Part-2 (Multiple revision of both volumes is required)
- Shekhar Bandopadhya- Plassey to Partition
- B.L Grover- A new look at Modern Indian History
- Rajiv Ahir- Spectrum (for revision purpose only)
- Bipan Chandra- India since Independence (for the post-independent part)
Note- NTA picks questions directly from these above-given books. Therefore, candidates need to read and revise these books thoroughly if they want to clear JRF.
Increase your chances to crack JRF by 900%
Hence, to score better, start your preparation now and crack UGC NET 2023 with good scores.
|Also, Check Related Articles:|
|UGC NET Commerce Preparation Stretagy||UGC NET Education Preparation Tips|
|UGC NET Sociology Preparation Strategy||UGC NET Hindi Literature Preparation Stretagy|
|UGC NET English Preparation Tips||UGC NET History Preparation Tips|
All the best for your exams.
Team Byju's Exam Prep
Download BYJU's Exam Prep App: https://bit.ly/3sxBCsm
Commentswrite a comment