Key Points for UGC NET History 2022
The first thing to do to crack JRF in History is to keep the UGC NET syllabus with you. Read the syllabus again and again till every word of it is internalized.
- Second, identify the are areas that are scoring and from which NTA is asking questions again and again.
- Identify your strength and weaknesses in History. For example- Modern India is a very scoring part of History. Therefore, do not miss any questions from here.
- Work on your weak areas. For example- candidates find Ancient India difficult. Therefore, more time should be spent here.
- Avoid reading guide UGC NET books available in the market.
- Read the books that you read in your graduation and post-graduation.
- Revise these books again and again.
- Attempt mock tests.
- Do not take paper-2 lightly. Some candidates only focus on Paper-1 and forget that it is Paper-2 that is of 200 marks. It can get you JRF.
How to Prepare for UGC NET History 2022?
1. Previous Year Paper Analysis:
- One of the main observations that can be drawn from analyzing UGC NET's previous papers is that NTA is testing candidates' objective knowledge.
- So, one thing is clear, having completed Post Graduation in History, you are expected to develop sound critical reasoning skills to answer the questions.
- NTA is asking objective questions but you can understand objective questions only if you have subjective knowledge.
- Try to place the question in the time frame and then answer the question.
Most Important areas
Chronology of events
Bhakti and Sufi
Painting and Architecture
Travelers (ancient and medieval India)
- Modern India- 33-34
- Ancient India- 32-33
- Medieval India-34
- All sections had an almost equal weightage
Takeaways from the ongoing trend of question papers:
- The national movement is the most scoring area- always expect at least 10 questions from here.
- The chronology of rulers and events is the most asked question. Six to seven questions are asked based on chronology. Therefore, understanding History is very important.
- Literature from ancient and medieval India is a very important part.
- Architecture and Painting are very important.
- It is important to cover these areas as holistically as possible.
- Inculcate the habit of eliminating options. This could happen only when you revise more and more.
- Inculcate critical reasoning and analytical skills.
2. Strategy for UGC NET History Paper 2
- Assuming that you have 3 months left for UGC NET preparation, you should not waste more time and get down to business as soon as possible.
- Devote at least 4 hours thoroughly for history.
- Read the textbooks prescribed below for History.
- Make yourself aware of the pattern.
- Keep your sources limited. Revise them again and again.
- Make yourself familiar with all the important points given in the syllabus.
- While reading makes short notes to revise in the last few days.
- Practice previous year's question papers regularly. This will make the candidates aware of the topics that are frequently asked by NTA.
- Depending upon your interest and retaining skill, allocate time that needs to be devoted to every topic.
- Revise every topic that you have studied. The revision should not just be done only after completing a particular topic, but it should be timed at regular intervals throughout your preparation.
- Prepare smart strategies to attempt questions. For instance, the process of elimination works very well in attempting a lot of questions in History (for instance, in questions like matching the columns or multiple combination options).
- Last, but not least, do not ignore your Paper 1, as it is the cumulative score that would let you ace the exam.
3. Important Books for UGC NET History Paper 2
- Upender Singh- A History of Ancient and Early Medieval India: From the Stone Age to the 12th Century (best book for ancient India)
- RS Sharma- India's Ancient Past (for basic understanding)
- Satish Chandra- Part-1 and Part-2 (Multiple revision of both volumes is required)
- Shekhar Bandopadhya- Plassey to Partition
- B.L Grover- A new look at Modern Indian History
- Rajiv Ahir- Spectrum (for revision purpose only)
- Bipan Chandra- India since Independence (for the post-independent part)
Note- NTA picks questions directly from these above-given books. Therefore, candidates need to read and revise these books thoroughly if they want to clear JRF.
Hence, to score better, start your preparation now and crack UGC NET 2022 with good scores.
|Also, Check Related Articles:|
|UGC NET Commerce Preparation Stretagy||UGC NET Education Preparation Tips|
|UGC NET Sociology Preparation Strategy||UGC NET Hindi Literature Preparation Stretagy|
|UGC NET English Preparation Tips||UGC NET History Preparation Tips|
All the best for your exams.
Team Byju's Exam Prep
Download BYJU's Exam Prep App: https://bit.ly/3sxBCsm