The UGC NET consists of two papers, the exam is administered by the NTA. UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 1 is a General Paper that all candidates must take, and it covers topics including general aptitude, teaching, and research. Paper 2 is a subject-wise exam that covers 81 topics.
UGC NET English Syllabus 2022
The UGC NET English Syllabus contains information on the topics that will be covered on the exam. The Paper-I Syllabus covers teaching and reasoning abilities, research aptitude, comprehension, and general awareness. Paper-II syllabus is primarily on English subjects. It tests your depth of knowledge and expertise in the respective subject.
There will be two papers in the UGC NET. Paper 1 consists of 50 multiple-choice questions worth two marks each. There are 100 questions on English Paper 2 and each question is worth two marks. There will be no break between the two papers because they will be conducted in a continuous three-hour session. Only a computer-based test will be administered.
UGC NET English Syllabus PDF Download
The UGC NET English Syllabus PDF file can be downloaded from the link provided below. It is very important to keep the offline copy of the syllabus to access it anytime and anywhere. Download the English Syllabus PDF to study the detailed syllabus mentioned below.
NTA UGC NET English Syllabus Paper 2
The English Syllabus of NTA UGC NET 2022 consists of the following various units like Drama, Poetry, Fiction, short story, non-fiction prose, language, and more. All the units with important topics are given in the table below.
UGC NET English Syllabus
Fiction, short story
Language: Basic concepts, theories, and pedagogy. English in Use.
English in India: history, evolution, and futures
Literary Theory post World War II
Research Methods and Materials in English
Note: The first four units will be tested through comprehension, passages to test the critical reading, thinking, and writing skills of the candidate.
Best Books for UGC NET English Syllabus 2022
To complete the English Syllabus of UGC NET, candidates can refer to the books mentioned below. Also, go through the best UGC NET Books 2022 for the remaining sections.
Best Books for UGC NET English Syllabus
UGC NET/SET(JRF & LS) English Literature
UGC NET English (Paper 2) Exam Guide
How to prepare UGC NET English Syllabus?
The following are the preparation tips for UGC NET English Paper:
- Study the UGC NET English Section's entire syllabus and examination format.
- Begin preparing for the exam by creating a timetable. Study previous year's question papers for preparation.
- Continue to review all topics on the curriculum on a daily basis, and use mock tests to evaluate your progress.
- Study hard and keep your health in check.
How to Score More in the NET English exam?
To score more in the English paper, the candidate must follow the method given below to smartly cover the English Syllabus of UGC NET.
- Do smart work instead of hard work and don't become stressed out while studying for your exams.
- Working on your weakest areas is a good idea. Every question from the previous year's exams should be practiced.
- Solve the Mock Test and download UGC NET Question Papers for regular practice and preparation.
- All units should be given equal consideration. Don't study only one subject first. On average, 10 questions from each unit should be included in the final exam.
- Attempt to complete the entire syllabus on time, and revise with practice in the last month. To improve your time management abilities, concentrate on the mock test.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep