About NIT MTech Admission 2022
The CCMT 2022 registration process for NIT M.Tech admission for counseling will begin on the official website CCMT. Master of Architecture / Master of Planning / Master of Design / Master of Technology programs are offered in all NITs, IIEST Shibpur, and some IIITs & GFTIs based on their GATE score for 2020, 2021, and 2022 in the CCMT counseling 2022 is a platform for the candidates. Therefore, admission to the NIT M.Tech will be based on the candidate's GATE score for admission into NITs.
The CCMT counseling 2022 for NIT M.Tech. admission is the common platform for GATE aspirants to apply for PG programs in master's programs in NITs & other centrally funded institutes like IIITM Gwalior, NIFFT Ranchi, Central University of Rajasthan, Punjab Engineering College (PEC) Chandigarh, and IIEST Shibpur, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur, Institute of Technology SPA Vijayawada, IIIT Allahabad, SLIET Longowal and Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Katra. CCMT will launch NIT's MTech admission brochure soon on its website, and candidates can download the NIT MTech admission brochure from this article.
Important Dates for NITs Admission
The important dates for NIT MTech admission to various NITs are given below. Candidates are advised to visit various NITs' websites to check complete details.
- Opening date of online application - 9th May 2022
- Closing date for submission of online application in various NITs - 30th June 2022
- Interview of shortlisted Candidates in Various NITs - 15th July 2022
- Announcement of Results - As per the NIT-T PG admission schedule
NIT MTech Admission: Quick Facts
To be eligible for the MTech Programs at the National Institute of Technology (NIT), candidates must pursue a bachelor's degree in Engineering (B.E. or B.Tech) with a minimum of 50 to 60% aggregate scores to be eligible for all NITs.
- The average course fee for the NIT MTech programs is generally 2-3 Lakhs.
- The entrance exam for MTech Admission 2022 is CCMT for NITs.
- The registration fee for NIT MTech admissions is INR 3,000 for general category students and OBC candidates.
- The registration fee for reserved category students is INR 2,500.
- The NITs in India are the most acceptable academic institutes to pursue the MTech degree, for which the GATE exam is one of the most famous.
Prerequisites for Getting MTech Admission in NITs
There are various prerequisites for getting admission to NITs. Candidates who possess a GATE scorecard and want to get admission to NIT should prepare a list of top NIT colleges where they want to apply.
- Candidates should be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the college's administration where they apply.
- Candidates should get ready with all documents and mark sheets photo states.
- Candidates should visit the Institute's website of particular NITs before moving for further admission process.
NITs MTech Admission 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have a valid score in the GATE entrance exam and Btech or B.E. degree from a recognized educational institute.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in their bachelor level, or candidates should be from Maths, Science, Statistics, Computer domains, or something equivalent to these.
- There is no age restriction for admission to the MTech program in NITs.
Step Wise Guide for NITs MTech Admission 2022
Candidates need to apply on NIT's official website to pursue MTech with valid GATE entrance exam scores. In addition, the candidate needs to register for the CCMTs website and pay the application fees.
- The Merit List will be out in various rounds of counseling. First, the college authority will issue a merit list on a particular date when confirmed by CCMT, where the name of the shortlisted candidates will appear.
- If candidates find themselves on that list, they have to report online or offline at the college.
- If there is another round, like an Interview, candidates need to check Institute's website after allotment.
NIT MTech Admission Without GATE Exam
The candidate must have the following documents at respective tabs while applying for NITs MTech admission without a GATE scorecard under the sponsored category.
- All Mark Sheets (10th, HSC, UG)
- Transfer Certificate
- Degree/Provisional certificate
- GATE Scorecard
- Sponsorship certificate
- Community/EWS certificate
- PWD certificate
Eligibility Criteria for Getting Admission Without GATE Exam
- Candidates should have pursued the qualifying degree from a recognized University with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% for GEN / EWS / OBC, whereas 6.0 CGPA or 55% in the case of SC / ST / PwD candidates.
- Work Experience- Candidates sponsored by a recognized university have a minimum experience of two years in the relevant field from the same organization and must be sponsored by their employers.