List of Important Ranking & Indices in 2021
Global Nutrition Report, 2021
- At global level, India is among those 88 countries that are likely to miss global nutrition targets by the year 2025.
- It is a multi-stakeholder initiative that assesses progress in meeting 2025 Global Nutrition Targets that are established by the World Health Assembly (WHA).
- Aim- Inspire governments, civil society and private stakeholders to work to end malnutrition in all its forms.
World Migration Report, 2021
- Released by International Organization for Migration (IOM).
- The maximum number of migrations occurred in the Philippines.
- In China, five million migrated due to natural disasters.
- In India, Four million migrated due to disasters.
Global Liveability Index, 2021
- This annual index is released by the Economist’s Intelligence Unit.
- This index ranks global cities according to their living conditions.
- Top 3 Liveable Cities: Auckland (New Zealand), Osaka (Japan), Adelaide (Australia).
Global Social Mobility Index, 2021
- Released by World Economic Forum (WEF).
- This index identifies areas for improving social mobility and promoting equally shared opportunities in their economies, regardless of their development.
- Top countries- Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Sweden.
- India’s rank- 76th out of 82 economies
Human Development Report, 2020
- Released by- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Theme- Human Development and Anthropocene
- India ranks 131 out of 189 countries.
- Top 3 countries- Norway, Ireland, and Switzerland.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Index 2021
- Released by NITI Aayog
- It measures progress made by India’s States and Union Territories towards achieving the 2030 Sustainable Development Goal targets.
- Top Performers- Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh.
- Worst Performer- Bihar, Jharkhand, Assam
Global Hunger Index, 2021
- It is released by Concern Worldwide and Welthungerhilfe.
- This index is measuring and tracks hunger at the global, regional, and country levels.
- India’s rank- 101 out of 116 countries.
- Somalia (score of 50.8) has the highest level of hunger.
Global Gender Gap Report, 2021
- Released by- World Economic Forum
- This report ranks 156 countries on their progress towards gender parity across four thematic dimensions: Economic Participation & Opportunity, Educational Attainment, Health and Survival, & Political Empowerment
- India’s rank- 140
- Top 3 countries- Iceland, Norway and Finland
- Most improved countries- Lithuania, Serbia, Timor-Leste,
SDG Gender Index
- India’s rank 95 among 129 countries.
- Developed by Equal Measures 2030.
QS India University Rankings
- Top position- IIT Bombay
- In this ranking, 96 Indian institutions rank among 550.
Healthy States, Progressive India 2021
- Released by- NITI Aayog
- Top performers (Larger States)- Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Telangana.
- Top performers (Smaller States)- Mizoram and Meghalaya.
- Top performers (Union Territories)- Delhi, Jammu, and Kashmir
State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, 2021
- Released by United Nations
- Number of hungry people in 2020 in the World: between 720 and 811 million
- Asia: 418 million (More than half of world hunger population)
- Africa: 282 million (One-third)
- Latin America and the Caribbean: 60 million
- Nearly 2.37 billion people did not have access to adequate food in 2020, an increase of 320 million people over 2019.
- Children under 5 affected by stunting (low height-for-age): 22.0 percent (149.2 million)
- Children under 5 affected by wasting (low weight-for-height): 6.7 percent (45.4 million)
- Children under 5 who are overweight (high weight-for-height): 5.7 percent (38.9 million)
- Percentage of women of reproductive age affected by anaemia: 29.9%
- Percentage of infants aged below 6 months who were exclusively breastfed: 44%
Global Energy Transition Index, 2021
- Released by World Economic Forum
- About- It measures how countries are able to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
- India’s rank 87th out of 115 countries.
- Top 3 countries- Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.
State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index 2021
- It is jointly developed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in association with the Alliance for an Energy-Efficient Economy (AEEE).
- The states have been categorized as ‘Front Runner’, ‘Achiever’, ‘Contender’ and ‘Aspirant’ based upon their efforts and achievements.
- Top Performing States- Karnataka, Rajasthan, and Haryana.
Global Assessment Report 2021
- Released by UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR).
- The effect of severe droughts on India’s gross domestic product (GDP) is estimated at 2-5%.
- The Deccan region sees the highest frequency (>6%) of severe droughts in all of India.
- Overdependence on groundwater resources and lack of water-retaining structures have significantly increased vulnerability in Indian cities during severe drought events.
- Around 20 million people across Africa and the Middle East are on the brink of starvation due to droughts.
- Around 700 million people are at risk of being displaced as a result of drought by 2030.
- Two-thirds of the world will be under water-stressed conditions by 2025.
Composite Water Management Index, 2019
- Released by NITI Aayog
- Aim- to assess and improve the performance inefficient management of water resources.
- Gujarat ranks first in the ranking, followed by Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu.
- For the first time, Union Territories have submitted their data and Puducherry has been declared the top performer.
Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI), 2021
- Released by- jointly by INSEAD Addeco and Google.
- This report focuses upon Global Talent in the Age of Artificial Intelligence.
- India’s rank 88 among 134 countries
- Top country- Switzerland
Human Capital Index, 2021
- Prepared by World Bank
- India’s rank 116 out of 174 countries.
- Top 3 countries- Singapore, Hong Kong (China), Japan
Global Competitiveness Index, 2021
- Prepared by- Institute for Management Development
- India’s rank- 43
- Top 3 countries- Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark
Ease of Doing Business Index, 2021
- Released by World Bank
- India’s rank- 63
- Top and Bottom Country- New Zealand and Somalia.
Global Terrorism Index 2021
- Released by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP).
- Top 3 countries- Afghanistan, Iraq and Nigeria.
- India ranks 18th in the index.
Fortune Ranking of 500 Indian Companies, 2020
- Published by Fortune India.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has topped the 2020 Fortune 500 list of Indian companies.
Best Police Stations in India, 2021
- The data was released by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Sadar Bazar police station: north district of Delhi
Worldwide Cost of Living (WCOL) Index, 2021
- Released by- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- Top 3 cities- Tel Aviv (Israel), Paris (France) and Singapore
- Bottom place cities- Damascus (Syria), Tripoli (Libya) and Tashkent (Uzbekistan)
Climate Change Performance Index, 2021
- Top 3 ranks weren't allocated to any country.
- Denmark is the highest-ranked country in CCPI 2022, followed by Sweden and Norway respectively
- India grabbed the 10th position this year
FIFA Rankings, 2021
- Top 3 countries- Belgium, Brazil, and France
- India’s rank- 104
TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix 2021
- North Korea, Turkmenistan, and Eritrea had the highest commercial bribery risk.
- Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and New Zealand showed the lowest bribery risk.
- India is placed at the 82nd position.
Anemia Mukt Bharat Index, 2021
- The initiative of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and UNICEF.
- Top State- Madhya Pradesh (Score 64.1), Odisha (Score 59.3), Himachal Pradesh (Score 57.1)
World Best Employer 2021
- Released by Forbes
- Top employer in world- Samsung
Asia Power Index 2021
- India has been ranked at 4th position, with a score of 37.7 out of 100.
- The United States has retained its position as the most powerful country influencing the Asia-Pacific with a score of 81.6. It is followed by China (76.1) and Japan (41) at second and third spot respectively.
Most Important Study Notes
|Most Expected Current Affairs Questions for 67th BPSC/CDPO 🤩, Download PDF|
|Bihar State Budget 2021-22 Highlights: Check Important Points of Bihar Budget [Download PDF]|