What is the pattern of BPSC exam? Download PDF
To fill vacancies in the state administration, the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) holds BPSC Combined Competitive Exam. On the official website and in the notification/advertisement, the BPSC Exam Pattern for the respective exams may be found. The latest and complete exam pattern for the BPSC Combined Competitive Exam may be seen here.
According to the BPSC Exam Pattern, the 67th Combined Competitive Exam will be divided into three stages:
|BPSC Prelims Paper Pattern|
- One Paper
- 150 marks
- 2 hours
- Objective Type / Offline (Pen-Paper)
- Screening Test
|BPSC Mains Paper Pattern|
- 4 papers
- One qualifying paper (Hindi) + 3 merit ranking papers
- 900 marks (300*3)
- 3 hours for each paper
- Descriptive Type/ Offline (Pen-Paper)
- Optional Subject
Candidates who qualify the prelims exam appear for the mains exam.
- 120 marks
- Candidate who clear the BPSC mains exam appear or the Interview
- Merit list based on marks in Mains + Interview
How will this BPSC Exam Pattern 2022 help you in the exam:
- Familiarize yourself with the latest pattern of the BPSC Exam.
- You can choose your strong areas where you can score well.
- It will help you in better standing of the exam based on you can make your strategy for the exam.
BPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2022
BPSC Main exam consists of four papers i.e. General Hindi, General Studies Paper-1, General Studies Paper-2 and Optional Paper.
General Studies Paper-1
General Studies Paper-2
Note: General Hindi Paper is qualifying in nature (30 % Marks required), Its marks will not be considered in the calculation of merit list.
BPSC Personal Interview & Final Merit List
The 'Interview' Round would be held for those who have qualified for the BPSC Mains Exam. The Commission appoints a Board to interview the candidates. The BPSC Interview consists of 120 marks. The purpose of the interview is for a panel of competent and neutral observers to assess the candidate's personal suitability for a career in the state services.
Final Merit List (Out of 1020 Marks)
It will be calculated based on Mains (900 marks) and Interview 120 Marks.