IBPS is responsible for conducting different stages of the selection process of prominent staff across the nation by maintaining transparency, conducting online examinations, and screening candidate's responses in a timely. IBPS provides its services to all organizations like NABARD, SBI, RBI, SIDBI, Associate banks, etc.
Full Forms of IBPS Exams
IBPS has registered itself under the Societies Registration Act and Bombay Public Trust, in 1860 and 1950. Here are some abbreviations and their full form that are used in IBPS exams.
|IBPS PO Full Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer|
|IBPS CWE Full Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Common Written exams|
|IBPS CRP Full Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Common Recruitment Process|
|IBPS SO Full Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Specialist Officer|
|IBPS RRB Full Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Regional Rural Banks|
History of IBPS
After the banks in India got nationalized in 1969, Indian banks were required to expand their branches across the country so that they have a wider reach to their customers. This action required more staff but at that time the process of recruitment was only through advertisements. This method was not the best and had many challenges.
So, the banks asked the National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM) to frame such a selection process through which they might hire proficient candidates. As a result, a small unit named Personnel Selection Services (PSS) was established to cater to such needs. After a few years in 1984, PSS was converted into IBPS
Vision of IBPS
IBPS organization was set up with a vision to provide fair services to its client organization to help them in selecting personnel in fair. IBPS is now the most transparent body responsible for conducting various exams across the country to recruit various staff for different public sector banks and other organizations. IBPS is known to conduct exams and release notification, results, admit cards, etc. on time.
Check the list of the participating banks under IBPS
Check the name of the banks that participate in the IBPS recruitment process for the recruitment of Probationary officers, specialist officers, and clerks across the different states.
|3||Bank of Baroda|
|4||Bank of India|
|5||Bank of Maharashtra|
|7||Central Bank of India|
|9||Indian Overseas Bank|
|11||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|12||Punjab National Bank|
|13||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|16||Union Bank of India|
|17||United Bank of India|
Do you know?
IBPS is conducting various exams since 2012. Before that each bank used to release notifications separately and candidates had to apply according to their preferred bank and posting area.
Exams Conducted by IBPS in a year
Although IBPS provides its services to many banks and institutions it majorly releases notifications for the following exams in a year. It publishes a tentative calendar stating the date of the preliminary and mains exam. Although IBPS reserves the right to make changes in any official calendar, exam date and notification, etc. With the mutual consent of the participating banks.
List of exams conducted by IBPS in a year:
- IBPS PO/MT exam for the recruitment of Probationary Officers and Management Trainees in the participating banks, which are national public sector banks.
- IBPS SO exam for the recruitment of Specialist Officers, which are Scale-I officers in the national public sector banks.
- IBPS Clerk exam for the recruitment of Specialist Officers, which are Scale-I officers in the national public sector banks.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I exam for the recruitment of probationary Officers in Regional Rural Banks, this post is equivalent to another bank PO.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam for the recruitment of Office Assistant in Regional Rural Banks, this post is equivalent to Clerk post in National Public Sector Banks.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II and Scale-III exam for the recruitment of Scale-II and Scale-III Officers in Regional Rural Banks, here Scale-II and Scale-III are equivalent to the specialist officer and senior managers.
IBPS Post Wise Salary
Banks that participate in the recruitment process for the selection of prominent staff at various levels offer attractive salary packages with additional allowances and other benefits. They also offer timely increments. Check the salary details for PO, SO, and Clerk posts.
|Probationary Officer||Specialist Officer||Clerk|
23700 - (980 x 7) - 30560 - (1145 x 2) - 32850 - (1310 x 7) – 42020
Here, Rs. 23, 700 is the revised basic pay of Bank PO as applicable on 1st January 2016. Thus the new entrant in a Bank as PO is liable to get Rs. 23,700 as basic pay.
|23700-980(7)-30560-1145(2)-32850-1310(7)-42020.||The basic pay of an IBPS Clerk is Rs. 11765/- per month, on the scale of Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540.|
Growth in IBPS
Growth in the Banking sector is based on two process
2. Merit Process
Candidates can either clear the departmental exams or JAIIB exam to take the promotion and increment in salary or they can take the promotion based on the merit list. Here are the growth stages for a probationary officer.
Once you become a probationary officer, you have the chance to become a general manager in the bank based on your experience and skills.
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief Manager
- Scale 5 – Asst. General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General Manager.
So, students, we hope we have compiled useful information for you. Keep preparing for bank exams as you can expect the notifications soon. If you have any queries, you can let us know below in the comment section.
|Related Articles to Study:|
|OBC Full Form||CIBIL Full Form|
|LIC Full Form||IDBI Full Form|
|HSBC Full Form||NPCI Full Form|
|RBI Full Form||IOB Full Form|
|CRR Full Form||IDFC Full Form|
Join IBPS/SBI PO 2022 Online Classroom Program for all Bank and Insurance exams.
Important Links for IBPS RRB PO Prelims Exam 2022, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Analysis 2022 Shift 1, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Analysis 2022 Shift 2, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Analysis 2022 Shift 3, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Exam Analysis 2022 Shift 4, 21 August
- IBPS RRB PO Prelims Cut Off 2022 Expected
- आईबीपीएस आरआरबी पीओ परीक्षा विश्लेषण 2022 [अगस्त] शिफ्ट 1, 2, 3 & 4
- IBPS RRB PO Memory Based Question Paper 2022 PDF
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.