Balanced Chemical Equation
Chemical equations are used to describe chemical reactions that are represented by chemical symbols. A chemical equation will have a reactant, a product, and an arrow to indicate the direction of the reaction. When a specific chemical equation has an identical number of atoms on both the reaction side and the product side, it is known as a balanced chemical equation.
To balance the equation: H2+O2→H2O
The equation represents the reaction between hydrogen gas (H2) and oxygen gas (O2) to form water (H2O).
To balance the equation, we need to ensure that the number of atoms of each element is the same on both sides of the equation.
Let's start with hydrogen (H) atoms:
On the left side, we have 2 hydrogen atoms from the H2 molecule.
On the right side, we have 2 hydrogen atoms from the H2O molecule.
Hydrogen atoms are already balanced.
Now let's balance oxygen (O) atoms:
On the left side, we have 2 oxygen atoms from the O2 molecule.
On the right side, we have 1 oxygen atom from the H2O molecule.
To balance the oxygen atoms, we need to multiply the water molecule by 2:
Now the number of oxygen atoms is balanced.
The balanced equation is:
How would you Balance: H2+O2→H2O.
The chemical equation for the formation of water (H2O) can be written as:
This equation shows that two molecules of hydrogen gas (H2) react with one molecule of oxygen gas (O2) to produce two molecules of water (H2O). The equation is balanced with respect to the number of atoms on each side, with four hydrogen atoms and two oxygen atoms on both sides of the equation.
- A bus decreases its speed from 80 km/hr to 60 km/hr in 5s, find the acceleration of the bus.
- A and B invest in a business in the ratio 3: 2. If 5% of the total profit goes to charity and A's share is Rs.855, the total profit is.
- The probability of getting a prime number when a die is rolled is ½.
- Abdul while driving to school computes the average speed for his trip to be 20 km/h. On his return trip along the same route, there is less traffic and the average speed is 30 km/h. The average speed of Abdul's trip is 24 km/h.
- In a single throw of two dice, the probability of getting a sum of 9 is 1/9.
- Write the balanced equation for the following chemical reaction. Hydrogen + Chlorine → Hydrogen chloride
- Convert the following temperatures to the Kelvin scale. (a) 25°C (b) 373°C.
Commentswrite a comment