RBI Assistant Main Exam Pattern
- The RBI Assistant Mains exam will consist of 200 marks with 2 hours & 15 minutes of total allocated time.
- There are 5 sections Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Computer Knowledge, English Language, and General Awareness.
- There is different sectional timing for each section. However, the total mark of each section is the same as 40 marks.
- You will have to bear a negative mark of 0.25 for each wrong attempt.
- The following table illustrates the RBI Assistant Exam Pattern:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
As mentioned, 40 questions would be asked in this section with a total of 40 marks. RBI has raised the overall level of this section in exams conducted last year. So, prepare this section thoroughly. While preparing this section, you need to pay proper attention to the following -
Calculations - You need to focus on this part a lot. Questions in this section are very calculative, so, work on improving your calculations. This will play a vital role during the exam in the quantitative aptitude section.
Speed - Questions in this section are generally lengthy, calculative, and hence time-consuming. Make sure that you maintain proper speed while solving questions in this section
Mains phase is not merely qualifying, so work out the above-mentioned parameters properly in order to attempt sufficient questions to clear the sectional as well as the overall cutoff.
Important Quant Topics for RBI Assistant Mains Exam 2022
In order to crack the RBI Assistant Mains exam, you need to excel in the Quantitative Aptitude of the exam. You must know the name of the standard RBI Assistant books to start your preparation in the most effective way. Now, let us have a look at the important topics that you need to prepare in the Quantitative Aptitude for the RBI Assistant Mains 2022.
- This is a major topic of the quant section and is usually asked in a set of 5 questions.
- If prepared well, this topic will easily fetch you 4-5 marks within 2-3 minutes.
- Identify the commonly asked patterns of number series first.
- Practice at least 10-15 number series regularly in order to have a proper hold over this topic.
- This is another important topic for exams. Normally 5-10 questions are asked on this topic.
- Questions are comparatively easy if you have practiced this topic well.
- Whenever an expression with multiple arithmetic operations is given, follow the BODMAS principle for calculating the final result.
- Rather than calculating the exact value in terms of decimals, calculate the approximate values and then perform the operations.
Data Interpretation & Analysis:
- DI is a major topic of the quant section in any exam. Usually, 2-3 sets (i.e. 10-15 questions) are asked on this topic.
- Questions of DI are usually based on Ratios, Averages, Percentages, etc. So, practice these topics properly.
- Practice at least 1-2 sets of DI regularly to improve your calculation speed.
- Download and practice the Top 50 DI Questions for RBI Assistant Mains 2022 Exam.
- 3-to 4 questions may be asked on this topic as well. So, it would be better to prepare quadratic equations as well.
- Make sure that you are well versed in the formula as well in case the factorization approach doesn’t work out.
- A major chunk of the quant section (almost 10-12 questions) is asked from the Miscellaneous section.
- This includes questions from
- Problem on ages
- Profit and loss
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time, Work, and Wages
- Time, Speed, and Distance
- Boats and Streams
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Probability etc
- Problem on ages
- Questions from these topics are usually time-consuming. So, try to attempt them once you are done with the remaining topics of this section.
If you are aiming to crack RBI Assistant Mains 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.