Expert Tips to Clear IBPS PO Exam 2021 in 1st Attempt
Check here expert tips explained step-by-step to clear the IBPS PO Exam 2021 in the 1st attempt. First, let us have a look at some of the prerequisites that will definitely help you score better in this exam:
1. Exam Pattern and Syllabus
This may seem insignificant, but you should have a good understanding of the exam's question pattern as well as the topics that will be covered. The precondition for your preparation is a thorough understanding of the IBPS PO test pattern and syllabus.
(a) Preliminary exam pattern:
- There is a sectional timing in the Prelims exam.
- This exam would comprise of total 100 questions from 3 sections, namely, English Language (30 questions), Reasoning Ability (35 Questions), and Quantitative Aptitude (35 Questions).
(b) Main Exam pattern:
- The pattern of the Mains exam is expected to be the same as last year.
- To know more about the new exam pattern of IBPS PO, check out our post for a detailed IBPS PO syllabus and exam pattern.
2. Previous Year’s Cut Off
- Yes, the level of the exam will vary and so will the cutoff, then how will this parameter help you?
- Well, the basic idea of the separate and overall cutoff helps you figure out the minimum number of questions that you must attempt in the exam, in order to qualify for the prelims phase.
- We have already shared the previous year’s cut-off of IBPS PO. Go through it properly to set your target for this year.
Read here complete IBPS PO Cut Off
3. Previous Year’s Exam Analysis
- IBPS PO previous year analysis can assist you in comprehending the questions that were asked from various parts in this exam, as well as their type and degree.
- It will assist you in determining which topics held the most weight and allow you to concentrate your time properly.
4. Efficient Time Management
- Prelims exam is mainly a test of your time management skills.
- This time 20 minutes are allotted to attempt each section. So, you have to utilize 20 minutes of each subject wisely. You have to ensure that you attempt enough questions to clear the sectional as well as overall cut off.
5. Online Mock tests
- If you practice well, IBPS PO mock exams can help you get a decent score in the actual exam.
- Mock tests should be practiced on a regular basis to assist you in better managing your time. You
- also become accustomed to the time constraints imposed by each part.
Mock tests assist you in identifying your strong and weak areas. This will help you in the exam.
Must Remember Tips for Each Section in IBPS PO 2021
- The level of English section has been constantly on the rise, so don’t this section for granted.
- Have a thorough understanding of the grammar rules. This will help you with numerous questions like spotting errors, sentence improvement, etc.
- Read at least 1-2 editorials on a regular basis. You can prefer The Hindu, The Economic Times, Livemint, etc for this. This practice will help you work on your vocabulary.
- Always start the section with less time-consuming topics, like, fill in the blanks, cloze test, spotting errors, etc.
- Topics of this section are quite easy if you have thorough practice.
- Practice topics like Syllogism, Inequality, and Miscellaneous questions thoroughly and regularly, since these topics are easy to attempt as compared to puzzles and consume less time.
- Practice puzzles with at least 1-2 variables for this exam. Do not expect an easy level of puzzles or arrangement questions in the exam.
- This is the most scoring section of all because you are less likely to commit a mistake in these questions (excluding calculation errors).
- Proper practice of topics like Number Series, Simplification/ Approximation, Quadratic Equations, and Data Interpretation will easily fetch you 20-25 marks in this exam.
- Certain arithmetic topics like Partnerships, Time & Work, Age-based problems, etc are easy to attempt. So practice them well to improve your Quantitative Aptitude score.
Key Takeaways for IBPS PO
- While preparing, make use of a timer while solving questions, to improve your speed.
- Solve as many online full-length tests as possible.
- Prepare yourself for a high level of competition and a difficult exam.
- Focus on basic chapters first before moving towards the difficult ones.
- Focus on speed and accuracy while solving mock tests.
- Check your percentile always among other students while analyzing mock tests.
- Do the mock test analysis as soon as you complete the mock test. Do not skip it for the next few days.
- Focus on key rules and important formulas in a regular interval.
So this is all about the preparation tips, strategies, and expert tips to start your preparation for the upcoming IBPS PO 2021 exam. Make sure to follow each and every tip mentioned in this post for a sure-shot outcome in the exam.
If you are aiming to crack IBPS PO 2021, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.