Preparation tips and strategy for CGPSC 2022 Preliminary examination
The Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) released the CGPSC Notification on 26 November 2021 on its official website. CGPSC conducted the Prelims exam on February 13, 2022, and Mains will be held on 26, 27, 28, and 29 May 2022. Meanwhile, the conducting body, offering 171 vacancies. Candidates appearing for the upcoming exam must have thorough knowledge about CGPSC Syllabus for effective preparation.
CGPSC Exam Selection Process
The CGPSC exam has three stages:
Stage 1 - Preliminary exam
Stage 2 - Mains exam
Stage 3 - Interview
Preliminary Exam Pattern
In the Prelims Exam of CGPSC, there will be 2 compulsory papers, and each is conducted for two hours. Both the exam papers will have 100 objective-type questions carrying 200 marks each. In case of wrong answers, negative marking will be there & one-third of the marks will be deducted.
Number of Questions
Paper I- General Studies
Paper-II: Aptitude Test
CGPSC Mains Exam Pattern
As per the exam pattern of the CGPSC mains exam, there will be a total of seven papers. All the candidates have to complete each paper within the time limit of three hours. The examination will be conducted for a total of 1400 marks. Check below the exam pattern for the main examination.
History, Constitution & Public Administration
Science, Technology & Environment
Economics & Geography
Mathematics & Logical Ability
Philosophy & Sociology
CGPSC Interview/Personality Test
After clearing the CGPSC mains exam, candidates will be called for the third stage i.e. interview/personality test. This carries a total of 150 marks.
Syllabus of CGPSC 2022 Prelims Exam
Paper I – General Studies
This 2-hour MCQ-based paper will have 100 questions, each of 2 marks. 1/3rd of marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. There will be two parts in this paper – Part 1 and Part 2. Each part will contain 50 questions from respective sub-topics.
Part A – General Studies
- Indian History and Indian National Movement
- Indian Geography
- Constitution of India and Polity
- Indian Economy
- General Science and Technology
- Indian Philosophy, Art and Culture
- Current Affairs
Part B – General Knowledge of Chhattisgarh
- History of Chhattisgarh, & Contribution of Chhattisgarh in the Freedom Movement
- Geography, Climate, Physical status, Census, Archeological and Tourist Centers of Chhattisgarh
- Literature, Music, Dance, Art and Culture, Idioms and Proverbs, Puzzle/riddle, Singing of Chhattisgarh
- Tribes, Special Traditions, Teej, and Festivals of Chhattisgarh
- Economy, Forest, and Agriculture of Chhattisgarh
- Administrative Structure, Local Government and Panchayati-raj of Chhattisgarh
- Industry in Chhattisgarh, Energy, Water and Mineral Resource of Chhattisgarh
- Current Affairs of Chhattisgarh
Paper-II– Aptitude Test
The Aptitude Test comprises 100 questions for 200 marks. The time duration is 2 hours. Each correct answer will be awarded 2 marks. And, 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Check the following Syllabus for the Aptitude test mentioned below:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. -Class X level)
- Knowledge of Hindi Language (Class X level)
- Knowledge of Chhattisgarhi Language. Knowledge of Hindi Language and Chhattisgarhi Language will be tested in Hindi and
- Chhattisgarhi Language only, without providing translation.
Recommended Books for CGPSC 2022 Preliminary Exam
Some important CGPSC books for the preparation of the prelims exam are given below:
|Sr No.||Book Name||Author/Publication|
|1.||Paper1- General Study||Competition Community|
|2.||Chhattisgarh G.S.||Competition Community/Dr. Manoj Agrawal|
|3.||Chhattisgarh Rajya Seva Pariksha||Arihant|
|4.||Ppaer2- Aptitude Test||Arihant/ R.k. Agrawal|
|5.||Chhattisgarhi Bhasha||Hariram Patel|
CGPSC Preliminary 2022 Exam Preparation Tips:
1. How to start preparation
- First, you should mentally prepare and be well known about the exam.
- You have a proper plan for how to crack this exam, for this, you can also take advice from your friends and expert who has already appeared in this exam.
- Check the eligibility criteria before starting the preparation.
2. Make Time Table with a proper deadline
- First, you make a proper time plan because a time plan is a very important part of the study.
- Study according to time you made, it will help to cover full syllabus with time deadline.
- The time plan you made for exam preparation, must be well organized.
3. Analysis of the Syllabus
- First analysis about the syllabus before starting the preparation.
- A proper syllabus has been provided on CGPSC's official website, so check it.
- Select the best books to cover all topics given in the syllabus.
- Check previous year's question paper to know the pattern of questions.
5. Make proper Key Notes
- Make proper notes on all subjects.
- For the prelims exam, you can focus on factual points, it will help quick revision.
- The notes you made were short and point to point.
6. Take Online Tests for the practice of questions
- After finishing your syllabus you can practice MCQs.
- Take online/offline test series.
- MCQs and Test series improve your accuracy.
7. Revision daily
- Revision is an important part of any competitive exam, so is necessary to continue revision.
- Revision of subjects will make better accuracy & mindset.
8. Some points remember
- Don’t pick any new topic at the last time of the exam.
- Eat healthy food & sleep on time.
- To do the practice of regularly.
- Always be positive & confident.
- Don’t take any stress during the preparation.
More from us