Many aspirants find geography difficult due to its vast nature and increased number of facts and figures. In this article, we are providing you with a complete strategy with important topics to be focussed on while preparing geography for CGPSC Examination.
Trend Analysis of Geography
Number of Questions Asked
From the above trend analysis, It is clear that each year a considerable number of questions are being asked from geography in CGPSC Prelims Exam.
Syllabus of Geography for CGPSC Examination 2022
The syllabus of Geography for CGPSC Prelims Examination 2022 is Mentioned below:
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
- Geography, Climate, Physical Status, Census, Archeological and Tourist Centers of Chhattisgarh.
Important Books for Geography
- Class XII NCERT: Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Class XII NCERT: India, People and Economy
Certificate Physical and Human Geography, GC Leong
NCERT Class IX, X and XI
Ncert Class XII:
Preparation Tips of Geography
- Read the syllabus thoroughly and understand it
- Shortlist the books that cover the syllabus in their entirety and stick to them
- Do a first reading of the books
- Refer to previous year CGPSC questions Papers to get the idea of what kind of questions are being asked by CGPSC on any topics and do the preparation accordingly.
- Do the 2nd reading and make short notes from them.
- In the 3rd reading refer to your short notes and this should be used for your further revisions.
- Solve practice papers: Get the help of any good standard Mocks available to test your level of preparation.
Importance of Maps
- Questions on Maps are asked based on the static portion and on current affairs.
- Static Topics to be focussed for Maps:-
- Rivers and their tributaries - right and left bank, major cities, dams, national parks on these rivers, glaciers, states that rivers flow through, etc.
- Natural vegetation and Minerals - types of vegetation, soil, rainfall, etc
- Mountain ranges and Passes - the Himalayas, Western ghats, eastern ghats, Northeast rang, etc
- Islands - Andaman and Nicobar, Channels, etc
- Neighbours - countries with which we share a border in order of length, areas of border disputes, like Lipulekh, Galwan valley, etc
- States and Lines like Tropic of Cancer - know which states shares border with which states
|Check Related Important Links:|
|CGPSC Exam||CGPSC Syllabus|
|CGPSC Cut Off||CGPSC Question Papers|
More from us: