However, only a handful make it to the final list. The ones who get through these exams to secure a bank job are not always the ones who take coaching classes regularly. So, without further ado, let us know how one can prepare for the bank exams without coaching.
How to Prepare for Bank Exam without Coaching?
In order to clear the bank exam at home, the first and foremost requirement is to understand the pattern of the exam. Almost all bank exams today are conducted in 2 phases, namely, the Preliminary and Mains phase, which is followed by an Interview.
The exam pattern of almost all major bank preliminary exams is similar. The exam pattern followed for prelims is given below
Name of Test
Number of Questions
The pattern of the Mains phase varies from exam to exam. In some exams, time division is provided for different sections, while a composite time is provided in others. Subjects included in the Mains exam include –
- English Language
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness (including current, static, and banking awareness)
- Computer Knowledge (Mainly in IBPS RRB Exams)
You can always find the exam pattern in the official notifications of the bank exams. You can also go through them on BYJU'S Exam Prep under the ‘Info’ tab of different exams in the Study column.
Once you are clear with the exam pattern, have a look at the syllabus of exams. There is usually a slight difference between the syllabus or prelims and the main exam. However, one should be very clear about it.
What Next after Bank Exam Pattern and Syllabus Completion?
Once you are clear with the exam pattern and Bank exam syllabus, go for a self-analysis.
- You are already aware of the syllabus of the exam. Identify the topics that you are good and weak at.
- This exercise is essential to strategize for the exam.
- Set a proper goal along with a time frame to ace the topics that you are not very good at.
- You usually get about 2-3 months after notification, before the exam is conducted. Make sure that you have a proper plan for this time.
- Do not procrastinate. The more you wait out before starting serious studies, the more you will ruin your chance of selection.
- Clear the basic concepts of different topics first. Again, you can find the study notes of all the topics in the ‘Prepare’ column under the ‘All Series’ tab at the bottom of the app.
- Study the concepts properly, because you will not be able to solve the question properly unless you are aware of the basic approach.
- However, do not restrict your studies just to theory. Once you are done with the concepts, make sure that you attempt questions based on that topic.
- Do not jump to the mock tests directly. You will only lose confidence if you don’t score well. Instead, start with topic-wise quizzes first. This will not only help you have a good hold over the topic but will also help you in a time-bound practice.
- After you have mastered at least half the topics start with mock tests.
Study Material for Upcoming Bank Exams 2022
|Bank Study Notes||Bank Practice Quizzes|
|Important quizzes for Reasoning Ability|
Bank Exam Preparation: Self-Study Vs. Coaching
Ask yourselves a question first, what is done differently in coaching that you cannot do on your own at home?
We’ll answer that for you. Apart from study notes, Coaching centres enable you to study regularly for a fixed amount of time, which you’re usually not able to do at home.
However, if you set your mind and heart to something once, nothing is impossible. Decide a timetable for yourself first.
It should not be too strict, just enough to make sure that you devote at least 6 hours on a regular basis to your studies. 6 hours out of 24 in a day isn’t too much to devote, right?
You can find all the study notes on different topics here on BYJU's Exam Prep. We have various series for preparation of Banking/ Financial Awareness, Current Awareness as well as Static Awareness that will help you prepare for the General Awareness Section apart from subjective study notes. You can also go for the test series that are available for different exams. The only thing expected on your part is dedication and determination.
|Relat1ed Articles to Study:|
|OBC Full Form||CIBIL Full Form|
|LIC Full Form||IDBI Full Form|
|HSBC Full Form||NPCI Full Form|
|RBI Full Form||IOB Full Form|
|CRR Full Form||IDFC Full Form|
So, if you are a self-starter, get on with your studies now. Remember,
‘Your only limit is You.’
So, push yourself. Get past the fear that if you do not join any coaching centre, you won’t be able to clear the exam. Remember, you can easily crack any bank exam. Just study hard, with dedication.
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022, then join the sure-shot Success Batch(Hindi) Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.