SBI Clerk Provisional Selection
The provisional selection means you are almost selected but not final. It does not mean an offer of employment i.e. if at any recruitment stage; it is found that the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility his candidature would be canceled.
Provisional selection is done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the mains examination. Candidates who get qualified for the Mains Exam will be placed according to their aggregate marks in descending order in respective states and categories.
Process After Provisional Selection
As there is no Interview Process for the post of Clerical Cadre in the State Bank of India, the final selection will be done after the document verification and language proficiency test.
SBI will provide information on its website and send a mail to the candidate’s registered email IDs about the document verification & language proficiency test. As per the official notification, the final selection will be subject to:
- Verification of the documents, certificates, and eligibility for the post and information furnished in the online application form.
- Language Proficiency Test – Qualifying in the test of specified opted language.
SBI Clerk Document Verification
Candidates need to carry the documents & certificates which have to be produced during the document verification process. Below are the lists of the documents & certificates that need to be provided in original with Xerox copy:
- Birth Certificate/High School Certificate (10th pass) (for verification of date of birth)
- Education Qualification Certificate: Candidates should have 10th, and 12th standards mark sheet and certificates. Graduation mark sheet (semester-wise) & degree (final certificate).
- Id – proof - PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Driver's license/voter ID/ Passport, etc.
- Category/Caste Certificate: - OBC/SC/ST candidates should submit their caste certificate issued by the appropriate authority (as per the central government format).
- Military Discharge Certificate (in case of appointment of ex-servicemen).
- Character certificates from the Head Master / Principal of the School / College last attended.
- Certificate for handicapped category issued by CMO/competent authority stating therein the nature and extent of handicap.
- Three passport-size photographs.
- In case the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category, please produce a valid caste Certificate.
Language Proficiency Test
Since this recruitment is being conducted state-wise. So, a candidate must have knowledge of the Local /Official language (reading, writing, speaking, and understanding) of the state. This local language test will be conducted to check the proficiency of candidates in speaking, reading, and writing the opted local language. This test will be conducted after provisional selection but before the joining process.
The candidates who are not found to be proficient in opted local language would be disqualified and would not be eligible for any further process. As per the official notification - No extension would be given to acquiring proficiency in the local language. This simply means - if you disqualify from the LPT test, then no extra time would be given to learning the local language of the state.
- No LPT test is required if you have studied the opted local language in 10th or 12th and can provide your certificate.
- If you do not have the local language in your 10th or 12th certificate, then you ought to appear in the local language test.
SBI Clerk Final selection
The appointment letter will be issued to you by the competent authority after successful qualification in the language proficiency test, and completion of other formalities like verification of original certificates/testimonials, satisfactory medical report, etc.
The merit list will be finalized on the basis of Category and State Wise. After the final selection, candidates are recruited in the banks as a clerk in branches of the bank across any district of the same state. Selected candidates are recruited as depositors, cashiers, and various other public dealings.
SBI Clerk Probation Period
The newly appointed Junior Associates will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months. The candidates who will be appointed to the posts of SBI Clerk will be on probation for a period of 6 months or most; completely depending on a candidate's performance during the tenure. During the course of the SBI probation period, the candidates will have to complete e-lessons as prescribed by the banks.
SBI Clerk Waiting List
Bank can also declare a waiting list, if in case of non-joining or resignation by the candidates from the current Batch only. This waitlist will be up to 50% vacancies, state, and category-wise. This waitlist will be valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the Final result of the SBI Clerk.
If you have done a mistake in mentioning some information in your application then it is advisable to carry ‘AFFIDAVIT’ of the same, which you can produce during the document verification. Be ready with all the relevant documents & certificates for the document verification round as it will lead to the final selection.
Commentswrite a comment