The following are some instances of the power of gravity:
- the energy holding the gases inside the sun.
- the power behind a ball's descent after being thrown into the air.
- the force that makes an automobile coast downhill even when the gas is not depressed.
- the force behind a glass you dropped falling to the ground.
- the force that ensures that the Earth and the other planets are in the correct alignment during their orbits of the sun.
- the force pushing a child down a slide.
- the reason for the moon's rotation around the Earth.
- the mechanism that keeps Jupiter's moons orbiting its surface.
What is meant by gravitational force (or force of gravity)? Give one example.
The gravitational force is a force that draws two mass-containing objects together. Glass falling to the ground, a child sliding down a slide, the moon orbiting the earth, and other examples of gravitational force.