UPSC Civil Services Exam Notification 2022 Highlights
The UPSC Civil Services Examination, also known as UPSC CSE, is considered as the umbrella exam opening a plethora of opportunities for a candidate. After qualifying UPSC CSE, a candidate becomes an important part of governance in India, and within a few years of phases of their career, they are exposed to great responsibilities. It grants a candidate to contribute to nation-building at the very early stages of their career; undoubtedly, it is considered the most sought-after career in India. The administrative job role provides unparalleled opportunities to learn and execute. The officers can contribute immensely to society, as the job roles provide a wide canvas to operate on. A civil servant can bring changes in the lives of the people and society.
With the release of UPSC CSE notification, the Government of India (GoI) seek to have a workforce that reflects gender balance. Therefore, women candidates are encouraged to apply. As the UPSC CSE notification 2022 is out, gear up for entering the exam cycle. The Official notification can be downloaded at the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022: Important dates
Date of UPSC CSE Notification
02 February 2022
UPSC CSE Prelims Exam Date 2022
05 June 2022
Duration of Examination
Last Date for Submission of online application
22 February 2022 (till 6:00 pm)
Last Date for Payment of the fee through Bank
21 February 2022 (till 11:59 pm)
UPSC CSE Prelims Admit Card
To be notified
UPSC CSE Application Form 2022
The link to apply online for the UPSC CSE Preliminary Examination 2022 has been activated now. Candidates awaiting this opportunity can apply online latest by 02 February 2022. Furthermore, for your convenience, we have shared the direct link to apply online here.
UPSC IAS Application Fee
Mode of Payment
a. By using Master/Visa/Debit Card/RuPay Credit or
b. by using Internet Banking of SBI
a. Byremitting the money in any State Bank of India branch.
Note: The "Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11.59 P.M. of 24 February 2022 (one-day before the closing date). Although the candidates may also pay at the counter of SBI branch on the closing date provided they have generated their pay-in-slip before it is deactivated.
Withdrawal of Application
If anyone is having second thoughts about appearing examination this year and seeking for the cancellation of the application for the year 2022, then he/she can be withdrawn from 01 March 2022 to 07 March 2022 till 6.00 PM after which the link will be disabled. For details, refer to Appendix IIB.
UPSC Civil Services Notification Vacancies 2022
Below you check the posts for which the commission has released 861 vacancies. The post-wise vacancies are not disclosed by the commission.
Overall, the number of vacancies for all the above-mentioned posts is 861, of which 34 vacancies are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability. These are as follows:
- Blindness and low vision – 7
- Deaf and hard of hearing – 11
- Locomotor disability (including cerebral palsy, dwarfism, leprosy cured, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy etc.) - 8
- Multiple disabilities - 8
Note: These vacancies are subject to change. The final number of vacancies are confirmed by the Cadre Controlling Authorities.
Vacancies under the Reservation
Vacancy Reservation allotment for candidates belonging to for the candidates belonging to
- Scheduled Tribes
- Scheduled Castes
- Other Backward Classes
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
- Persons with Benchmark Disability in respect of vacancies (may be fixed by the Government)
Note: Refer to the Official UPSC CSE Preliminary Notification 2022, for details.
UPSC IAS Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for the UPSC CSE 2022, make sure you fulfil the following criteria as described below:
Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe
Other Backward Classes
Defence Services Personnel
Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service
Note: For the details, please refer the Official UPSC CSE Notification 2022.
The candidate must possess a degree from the recognized University or educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
** For details visit the Official Notification.
Number of Attempts
The Union Public Service Commission allows the number of attempts as per the category he/she belongs:
Number of Attempts
Persons with Benchmark Disability belonging to the General and EWS Category
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
No restrictions applicable
Note: A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) or the Indian Foreign Service(IFS) on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.
UPSC CSE Selection Procedure 2022
The UPSC CSE 2022 will be commenced in three phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview. The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is carried out in successive stages, Check here detailed UPSC IAS Exam Pattern
- CSE Preliminary Examination
This examination is Objective type and is conducted for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination. The marks obtained in this examination is not counted for the final merit list.
- CSE Main Examination (Written and Interview)
This examination is a rigorous activity involving not only the metal alertness but also the representation both on paper and in conduct. The marks obtained in this examination are counted for the final merit. The rank obtained in the merit list is decisive for the allotment of various Services and posts noted above.
Through this notification, applications are invited for the CSE Preliminary Examination only.
Some Important Highlights of the Selection Procedure
- Once qualified, the candidate will have to apply online again and submit the Detailed Application Form-I [DAF-I] along with scanned documents/certificates for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination.
- The documents/certificates required in support of date of birth, category (viz. SC/ST/ OBC /EWS /PwBD / Ex-Serviceman) and educational qualification with required Examination Fee.
- Before the commencement of Personality Tests (Interviews) of the examination, the candidates who are declared to have qualified Civil Services (Main) Examination, required to fill the on-line Detailed Application Form-II [DAF-II],
- It needs to mandatorily indicate the order of preference only for those services participating in the Civil Services Examination for the year.
- The Service Preference needs to be indicated, including all the Zones and Cadres in the order of preference in their on-line DAF-II.
- In the DAF -II mandatorily upload documents/certificates for higher education, achievements in different fields, service experience, OBC Annexure (for OBC category only), EWS Annexure [for EWS Category only], etc.
Plan of the UPSC CSE Preliminary Examination 2022
The Preliminary Examination is Objective type and serves as a screening test only. It is conducted in two shifts and carries a maximum of 400 marks.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total of the approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination.
So without delay, fill the application form and concretize your UPSC preparation for the year 2022. We wish you all the best in this endeavour.
For queries related to the exam pattern and the UPSC IAS Syllabus. Refer here.
More From Us: