UGC NET Political Science Books 2022
The Best Books for UGC NET Political Science are required reading while studying for the exam. The best UGC NET Political Science Books should be chosen with attention as they will be the deciding factor in your UGC NET preparation. Candidates must have the right UGC NET Books for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. The UGC NET exam will be divided into two sections: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 2 is subject-specific, whereas paper 1 is common and serves as the qualifying section. Let's have a look at some of the best books for the UGC NET Political Science exam.
Tips for Choosing Best UGC NET Political Science Books
Candidates interested in acquiring Best Books for UGC NET Political Science for their preparation should think about a few things first. Some factors to think about when buying Best UGC NET Political Science Books are listed below.
- Recognize the Full Syllabus: Candidates interested in purchasing the Best UGC NET Political Science Books should first familiarize themselves with the entire UGC NET Political Science syllabus and the topics contained in it. Candidates can use this method to see if the books they're considering buying contain all of the necessary topics.
- Choose Books Curated by Recognized Authors: Books curated by the publishing companies' most notable and respected authors are more likely to contain reliable information on the topics that must be prepared for the UGC NET Political Science exam.
- Year of Publication Checking: When purchasing the best books for the UGC NET Political Science, candidates should check the year of publication. Books published several years ago may not reflect recent changes in the syllabus. As a result, buying newly released books is a good idea.
- Compare the Books: Once you've considered all of the factors mentioned above, you'll be able to evaluate the best books for the UGC NET Political Science exam. You can also ask professors and other students for book recommendations and compile a selection accordingly.
List of Best Books for Political Science (Unit-Wise)
The Best Books for UGC NET Political Science exams are listed below for better exam preparation.
Best Books for UGC NET Political Science
Unit 1: Political Theory
Political Theory: An Introduction by Rajeev Bhargava and Ashoka Acharya for introduction to political theory and basic understanding of concepts.
Political Theory: An Introduction by Andrew Heywood (4th Edition) for topics like Equality, Rights, Democracy, Power, and Citizenship.
Political Theory by O.P Gauba and Political theory by Rajeev Bhargava for topics like Liberty, Justice, Equality, Democracy, Liberalism, Socialism, Marxism, and Feminism.
Political Ideologies: An Introduction by Andrew Heywood (6th Edition) for topics like Conservatism, Ecologism, Multiculturalism, and Postmodernism
Unit 2: Political Thought
A History of Political Thought: Plato to Marx by Subrata Mukherjee and Sushila Ramaswamy (2nd Edition) to cover authors like Plato, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau, Hegel, Mary Wollstonecraft, John Stuart Mill
Western Political Thinkers (Hindi) by O.P. Gauba
Political Thought Plato To Marx by R.M Bhagat can also be used for the same topics, it contains more objective information about thinkers.
IGNOU study material-For thinkers like Confucius, Gramsci, Hannah Arendt, Frantz Fanon, Mao Zedong, and John Rawls.
Unit 3: Indian Political Thought
Indian Political Themes and Thinkers by Himanshu Roy and M. P Singh
Foundations of Indian Political Thought: An Interpretation by V. R. Mehta.
ADHUNIK BHARTIYA RAJNITIK CHINTAN (Modern Indian Political Thought) (Hindi) by Bidyut Chakrabarty
Indian Political Thinkers (Hindi) O P Gauba
Unit 4: Comparative Political Analysis
Comparative Politics by J.C Johari can be used to cover the basic section of Comparative Politics like Approaches, State theory, Political institutions, Nature of regimes and characteristics, Representation and ideologies, influence and participation of state and non-state actors, etc.
Politics by Andrew Heywood for topics like Politics and Representation – pressure groups, political parties, social movements.
Global Politics by Andrew Heywood
Comparative politics study material from IGNOU
Unit 5: International Relations
International Relations by VN Khanna for Approaches to IR such as Realism, Liberalism, Neo-realism, Neo-liberalism, etc. Also, for an overview of historical events like WW1, WW2, League of Nations, Cold War, NAM, regional organizations like EU, etc.
Globalization of World Politics By Bayliss and Smith
Theory of International Relations by Rumki Basu
Theoretical Aspects of International Politics by Mahendra Kumar is useful built up the foundation of International relations theories or INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS by PEU GHOSH
Unit 6: India’s Foreign Policy
Foreign Policy of India Book by V N Khanna is very useful for understanding the basics of IFP.
India’s Foreign Policy: Since Independence by V.P. Dutt is also an alternative to V.N Khanna’s book.
Oxford Handbook of India’s foreign policy and India’s Foreign Policy by Rajiv Sikri for India’s contribution to NAM and association with regional organizations like SAARC, BRICS, ASEAN, etc.
Unit 7: Political Institute in India
Indian Polity by M. Laxmikant for basic features and the making of the constitution, philosophy (Preamble, FR, DPSP), structure and functioning of organs of govt., PRI, constitutional amendments, etc.
Indian Government and Politics by Rumki Basu
Indian Government and Politics by B L Fadia; by Bidyut Chakrabarty
Unit 8: Political Processes in India
Indian Government and Politics by Fadia and Fadia for social movements, identity politics, Federalism, party system, pressure groups, etc.
Indian Politics by Rekha Saxena and M.P Singh
Oxford Handbook on Indian Constitution
Politics in India by Pratap Bhanu Mehta, IGP by N.Sukumar
Unit 9: Public Administration
Public-Administration in a Globalizing World by Bidyut Chakrabarty and Prakash Chand
Public Administration: Concepts and Theories by Rumki Basu
New Horizons of Public Administration by Mohit Bhattacharya
Reinventing Public Administration by Bidyut Chakrabarty
Unit 10: Governance and Public Policy in India
Public Policy: Formulation, Implementation, and Evaluation by R.K Sapru
Public Administration in a Globalizing World by Bidyut Chakrabarty and Prakash Chand
Gazette of India for detailed information on public policies such as MNREGA, RTE, etc
Indian Polity by M.Laxmikant for constitutional provisions of Local governance institutions and other bodies.
Highlights of Best Books for UGC NET Political Science Preparation
The highlights of the best books for political science preparation are given below.
- These books incorporate the ideas and info in a completely powerful manner to study.
- The facts given in those books are genuine and reliable.
- The manner of providing the subjects may be very exact and comprehensive
- These books additionally incorporate MCQs and Practice questions at the quit of each chapter
- The books additionally incorporate flowcharts, thoughts maps, diagrams, tables, images, and many others to assist the scholars to study the subjects extra effectively.
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Political Science 2022
Besides Best Books for UGC NET Political Science, a proper strategy and plan are important, one can get a little confused in the preparations. So, here are a few preparation tips for the UGC NET Exam of Political Science.
- Know the UGC NET 2022 Syllabus. Without a thorough knowledge of the syllabus, you will omit essential topics in your preparations.
- Make a sturdy and effective UGC NET Study Plan. It is very essential for the candidates to have a certain study plan to ensure smooth and consistent studies.
- Set a target to achieve everything - Set a target for yourself on a daily basis, and try to achieve it in a particular time frame. Include extra portions in that target apart from your UGC NET Books.
- Keep your basics clear. UGC NET examines your roots and basics of your subject so make sure you have your basics very strong.
- Only reading and studying through course books will not be enough. You need to know the past paper trends, kinds of questions asked, etc. For that, solve UGC NET Previous Year Papers.
- Apart from all these tips, you also need to assess your performance. You can take UGC NET Mock Tests for the same.
UGC NET Political Science Books: How to Study
The following are some suggestions regarding how to study by using the Best Books for UGC NET Political Science.
- Begin by choosing a unit from the syllabus and a book that relates to the course's topic. Select one core book for each subject and study the fundamentals from it.
- Start writing down notes in the book. Make sure you cover all of the subjects when taking notes on a subject.
- Make a list of the most significant features to go over during the revision process. Make reading all of the required good and best books for the UGC NET Political Science a goal.
- Finally, candidates must solve the UGC NET Political Science Previous Year Question Paper after reading and learning from the best books for the UGC NET Political Science exam.
Hope this article helps you with UGC NET 2022 Political Science Preparation.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Commentswrite a comment