The UGC NET Exam will be administered by NTA and will consist of two papers. Paper 1 is a general aptitude paper that is given to all candidates and covers topics such as teaching and research. Paper 2 is a subject-wise exam that covers 81 different subjects.
So, if you've chosen Management as your subject, we'll go over the UGC NET Management syllabus and some key techniques for preparing for Paper-II (Management). One thing to keep in mind is that each candidate has a unique strategy. You can even come up with your own plan by studying the entire UGC Management syllabus. Download the UGC NET Management syllabus PDF below
UGC NET Management Syllabus 2022
The Management NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2022 is organized into 10 major sections with several topics and subtopics. This article contains chapter and topic-by-topic highlights for the NTA UGC NET Management syllabus so that you can have a better sense of what to study.
The syllabus for Paper 1 of the UGC NET Management exam is in line with the Paper 1 syllabus for UGC NET which consists of various teaching Aptitudes, Research aptitudes, comprehension, and more. The main difference in the Paper 2 syllabus for management is provided below.
Download UGC NET Management Syllabus 2022 PDF
Candidates can get the UGC NET Management Syllabus PDF file from the link provided below. Study the detailed syllabus provided below by downloading the UGC NET Management Syllabus 2022 PDF file.
UGC NET Management Syllabus for Paper 2
The Management NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2022 is organized into 10 major sections, each with numerous topics and subtopics. To stand a chance of passing the exam, candidates must complete all 10 units. The management syllabus is comprised of ten units, which are listed below:
Unit 1 - Management Function & Concept
Concept, Process, Theories, and Approaches, Management Roles and Skills.
Functions of Management: Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Coordinating, and Controlling.
Communication: Types, Process, and Barriers.
Decision Making: Concept, Process, Techniques, and Tools.
Managerial Economics: Concept & Importance.
Unit 2 - Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
Organizational Behaviour: Significance & Theories.
Individual Behaviour: Personality, Perception, Values, Attitude, Learning, and Motivation.
Group Behaviour: Team Building, Leadership, Group Dynamics Interpersonal Behaviour & Transactional Analysis.
Human Resource Management: Concept, Perspectives, Influences, and Recent Trends.
Human Resource Planning, Recruitment and Selection, Induction, Training, and Development.
Unit 3 - Organizational Development & International Human Resource Management
Performance Management and Appraisal.
Organization Development, Change & OD Interventions Talent Management & Skill Development.
Employee Engagement & Work-Life Balance.
Trade Union & Collective Bargaining.
International Human Resource Management: HR Challenge of International Business.
Unit 4 - Accounting & Financial Management
Financial Statement Analysis: Ratio Analysis, Funds Flow and Cash Flow Analysis, DuPont Analysis.
Accounting Principles and Standards, Preparation of Financial Statements.
Preparation of Cost Sheet, Marginal Costing, Cost Volume Profit Analysis Standard Costing & Variance Analysis.
Financial Management, Concept & Functions.
Capital Structure: Theories, Cost of Capital, Sources, and Finance Budgeting and Budgetary Control, Types and Process, Zero-base Budgeting.
Unit 5 - Capital Budgeting & Management
Value & Returns: Time Preference for Money, Valuation of Bonds and Shares, Risk and Returns.
Capital Budgeting: Nature of Investment, Evaluation, Comparison of Methods; Risk and Uncertainty Analysis.
Dividend: Theories and Determination.
Portfolio Management: CAPM, APT.
Capital Management: Determinants, Cash, Inventory, Receivables, and Payables Management, Factoring.
Unit 6 - Strategic Management & Marketing
Strategic Management: Concept, Process, Decision & Types.
Market Segmentation, Positioning, and Targeting.
Strategy Implementation: Challenges of Change, Developing Programs McKinsey's 7s Framework.
Marketing: Concept, Orientation, Trends and Tasks, Customer Value and Satisfaction
Strategic Analysis: External Analysis, PEST, Porter’s Approach to industry analysis, Internal Analysis – Resource-Based Approach, Value Chain Analysis.
Unit 7 - Brand Management & Marketing Types
Consumer and Industrial Buying Behaviour: Theories and Models of Consumer Behaviour
Service Marketing: Managing Service Quality and Brands, Marketing Strategies of Service Firms.
Customer Relationship Marketing: Relationship Building, Strategies, Values and Process.
Retail Marketing: Recent Trends in India, Types of Retail Outlets.
International Marketing: Entry Mode Decisions, Planning Marketing Mix for International Markets.
Unit 8 - Management Statistic & Operations Management
Statistics for Management: Concept, Measures Of Central Tendency and Dispersion, Probability Distribution – Binominal, Poison, Normal and Exponential.
Data Collection & Questionnaire Design Sampling: Concept, Process, and Techniques.
Hypothesis Testing: Procedure; T, Z, F, Chi-square tests Correlation and Regression Analysis.
Operations Management: Role and Scope.
Operation Research: Transportation, Queuing Decision Theory, PERT / CPM
Unit 9 - International Business & Artificial Intelligence
International Business: Managing Business in Globalization Era; Theories of International Trade; Balance of payment
Foreign Direct Investment: Benefits and Costs
Information Technology: Use of Computers in Management Applications; MIS, DSS.
Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
Data Warehousing, Data Mining and Knowledge Management – Concepts Managing Technological Change.
Unit 10 - Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship Development: Concept, Types, Theories, and Process, Developing Entrepreneurial Competencies.
Intrapreneurship: Concept and Process.
Business Plan and Feasibility Analysis: Concept and Process of Technical, Market, and Financial Analysis.
Women Entrepreneurship and Rural Entrepreneurship.
Innovations in Business: Types of Innovations, Creating and Identifying Opportunities, Screening of Business Ideas.
UGC NET Management Syllabus in Hindi
प्रबंधन NTA UGC NET सिलेबस 2022 को कई विषयों और उप-विषयों के साथ 10 प्रमुख वर्गों में व्यवस्थित किया गया है। इस लेख में NTA UGC NET प्रबंधन पाठ्यक्रम के लिए अध्याय और विषय-दर-विषय पर प्रकाश डाला गया है ताकि आप बेहतर समझ सकें कि क्या अध्ययन करना है।
UGC NET प्रबंधन परीक्षा के पेपर 1 का पाठ्यक्रम UGC NET के पेपर 1 के पाठ्यक्रम के अनुरूप है जिसमें विभिन्न शिक्षण योग्यता, अनुसंधान योग्यता, समझ और बहुत कुछ शामिल हैं। प्रबंधन के लिए पेपर 2 पाठ्यक्रम में मुख्य अंतर नीचे दिया गया है।
How to Prepare UGC NET Management Syllabus
Candidates who are preparing for the Management subject must check the UGC NET Management Preparation tips for better results.
- Get to know the Examination Pattern: The management paper (Paper 2) consists of 100 objective-type questions of 2 marks each. (Total 200 marks). All the questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking. The duration of 2 hours will be given for this paper. Check UGC NET Exam Pattern for better clarity.
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly: The syllabus has been recently changed. You can view the syllabus by clicking on this link Management Syllabus above. Read the syllabus in detail and analyze which areas you are more comfortable with.
- Make a timetable for preparation: Firstly draft the timetable topic-wise. You can allocate the time depending upon your capability. It is better to make your strong areas stronger. But make sure you go through the entire syllabus once or twice so that no topic is left out.
- Gather preparation material: You can refer to your post-graduation books, Wikipedia, websites, and video tutorials for preparation. Try to study each topic in detail from wherever you find the best content. Prepare short notes during the preparation which will help to revise further. Check UGC NET Paper 1 books here.
- Solve Previous year's papers: Try to collect at least 6-7 previous year’s papers and solve them after preparing the syllabus. After solving every paper, analyze your answers and mistakes. Revise the concepts again to further avoid similar mistakes. You get to know the pattern and frequently repeat concepts and questions which will give you the right direction where to put your efforts.
- Practice Mock test Online: In order to get the taste of the real examination, you should put yourself into that environment by taking as many online mock tests as possible. You will get comfortable with the online pattern and get to know where you stand amongst the NET Management aspirants. It is better to attempt at least 10-12 mock tests before the final exam.
- Revision is the key: After analyzing the strong and weak topics through mock tests the next step is revision. Go through all the notes which you have prepared and revise as many times as possible.
Best Books for UGC NET Management Syllabus 2022
For the targeted preparation for the Management exam candidates must go through the UGC NET Management Books to start their preparation with the right efforts.
List of Books
Principles & Practice of Business Management
T.N. CHHABRA (Dhanpat Rai & Co.)
Human Resource Management
K Aswathappa or Garry Dessler or Tripati
M Y Khan & P K Jain
Fred R. David & Forest R. David
Just imbibe these tips in your preparation strategy, you will definitely crack the NTA NET Management paper with a good score. Work smart enough to get better results.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep