UGC NET 2023 will be administered by NTA and will consist of two papers. Paper 1 is a general aptitude paper that is given to all candidates and covers topics such as teaching and research. Paper 2 is a subject-wise exam that covers 81 different subjects.
Candidates selecting Management as their subject for Paper 2 can check the UGC NET Management Syllabus and some key techniques for preparing Paper 2 i.e. Management. One thing to keep in mind is that each candidate has a unique strategy. They can even come up with their own plan by studying the entire UGC Management Syllabus. Candidates can download the UGC NET Management Syllabus PDF in Hindi and English below.
UGC NET Management Syllabus 2023
The NTA UGC NET Management Syllabus 2023 is organized into 10 major sections with several topics and subtopics. This article contains chapter and topic-by-topic highlights for the NTA UGC NET Management Syllabus so that candidates can get a better understanding of all the topics and sub-topics.
The syllabus for Paper 1 of the UGC NET Management exam is in line with the UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus which consists of various Teaching Aptitudes, Research Aptitudes, Comprehension, and more.
Download UGC NET Management Syllabus 2023 PDF
Candidates can get the UGC NET Management Syllabus PDF file from the link provided below. Study the detailed syllabus provided below by downloading the UGC NET Management Syllabus 2023 PDF file.
> UGC NET Management Syllabus 2023 PDF
UGC NET Management Syllabus for Paper 2
The NTA UGC NET Management Syllabus 2023 is organized into 10 major sections, each with numerous topics and subtopics. To stand a chance of passing the exam, candidates must complete all 10 units. Candidates can check the UGC NET Management Syllabus in the table below.
Unit 1 - Management Function and Concept
Concept, Process, Theories, and Approaches, Management Roles and Skills.
Functions of Management: Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Coordinating, and Controlling.
Communication: Types, Process, and Barriers.
Decision Making: Concept, Process, Techniques, and Tools.
Managerial Economics: Concept & Importance.
Unit 2 - Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
Organizational Behaviour: Significance & Theories.
Individual Behaviour: Personality, Perception, Values, Attitude, Learning, and Motivation.
Group Behaviour: Team Building, Leadership, Group Dynamics Interpersonal Behaviour & Transactional Analysis.
Human Resource Management: Concept, Perspectives, Influences, and Recent Trends.
Human Resource Planning, Recruitment and Selection, Induction, Training, and Development.
Unit 3 - Organizational Development and International Human Resource Management
Performance Management and Appraisal.
Organization Development, Change & OD Interventions Talent Management & Skill Development.
Employee Engagement & Work-Life Balance.
Trade Union & Collective Bargaining.
International Human Resource Management: HR Challenge of International Business.
Unit 4 - Accounting and Financial Management
Financial Statement Analysis: Ratio Analysis, Funds Flow and Cash Flow Analysis, DuPont Analysis.
Accounting Principles and Standards, Preparation of Financial Statements.
Preparation of Cost Sheet, Marginal Costing, Cost Volume Profit Analysis Standard Costing & Variance Analysis.
Financial Management, Concept & Functions.
Capital Structure: Theories, Cost of Capital, Sources, and Finance Budgeting and Budgetary Control, Types and Processes, Zero-base Budgeting.
Unit 5 - Capital Budgeting and Management
Value & Returns: Time Preference for Money, Valuation of Bonds and Shares, Risk and Returns.
Capital Budgeting: Nature of Investment, Evaluation, Comparison of Methods; Risk and Uncertainty Analysis.
Dividend: Theories and Determination.
Portfolio Management: CAPM, APT.
Capital Management: Determinants, Cash, Inventory, Receivables, and Payables Management, Factoring.
Unit 6 - Strategic Management & Marketing
Strategic Management: Concept, Process, Decision & Types.
Market Segmentation, Positioning, and Targeting.
Strategy Implementation: Challenges of Change, Developing Programs McKinsey's 7s Framework.
Marketing: Concept, Orientation, Trends and Tasks, Customer Value and Satisfaction
Strategic Analysis: External Analysis, PEST, Porter’s Approach to industry analysis, Internal Analysis – Resource-Based Approach, Value Chain Analysis.
Unit 7 - Brand Management and Marketing Types
Consumer and Industrial Buying Behaviour: Theories and Models of Consumer Behaviour
Service Marketing: Managing Service Quality and Brands, Marketing Strategies of Service Firms.
Customer Relationship Marketing: Relationship Building, Strategies, Values, and Process.
Retail Marketing: Recent Trends in India, Types of Retail Outlets.
International Marketing: Entry Mode Decisions, Planning Marketing Mix for International Markets.
Unit 8 - Management Statistics and Operations Management
Statistics for Management: Concept, Measures Of Central Tendency and Dispersion, Probability Distribution – Binominal, Poison, Normal and Exponential.
Data Collection & Questionnaire Design Sampling: Concept, Process, and Techniques.
Hypothesis Testing: Procedure; T, Z, F, Chi-square tests Correlation and Regression Analysis.
Operations Management: Role and Scope.
Operation Research: Transportation, Queuing Decision Theory, PERT / CPM
Unit 9 - International Business and Artificial Intelligence
International Business: Managing Business in Globalization Era; Theories of International Trade; Balance of Payment
Foreign Direct Investment: Benefits and Costs
Information Technology: Use of Computers in Management Applications; MIS, DSS.
Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
Data Warehousing, Data Mining and Knowledge Management – Concepts Managing Technological Change.
Unit 10 - Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship Development: Concept, Types, Theories, and Process, Developing Entrepreneurial Competencies.
Intrapreneurship: Concept and Process.
Business Plan and Feasibility Analysis: Concept and Process of Technical, Market, and Financial Analysis.
Women Entrepreneurship and Rural Entrepreneurship.
Innovations in Business: Types of Innovations, Creating and Identifying Opportunities, Screening of Business Ideas.
UGC NET Management Syllabus in Hindi
प्रबंधन NTA UGC NET सिलेबस 2023 को कई विषयों और उप-विषयों के साथ 10 प्रमुख वर्गों में व्यवस्थित किया गया है। इस लेख में NTA UGC NET प्रबंधन पाठ्यक्रम के लिए अध्याय और विषय-दर-विषय पर प्रकाश डाला गया है ताकि आप बेहतर समझ सकें कि क्या अध्ययन करना है।
UGC NET प्रबंधन परीक्षा के पेपर 1 का पाठ्यक्रम UGC NET के पेपर 1 के पाठ्यक्रम के अनुरूप है जिसमें विभिन्न शिक्षण योग्यता, अनुसंधान योग्यता, समझ और बहुत कुछ शामिल हैं। प्रबंधन के लिए पेपर 2 पाठ्यक्रम में मुख्य अंतर नीचे दिया गया है।
How to Prepare UGC NET Management Syllabus
Candidates who are preparing for the Management subject must check the UGC NET Management Preparation Tips for better results.
- Get to know the Examination Pattern: The Management Paper (Paper 2) consists of 100 objective-type questions of 2 marks each. (Total 200 marks). All the questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking. The duration of 2 hours will be given for this paper. Candidates can check the UGC NET paper pattern for better clarity.
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly: The syllabus has been recently changed. Candidates must understand the Management Syllabus before starting their preparation. Candidates must read the syllabus in detail and analyze which areas they are more comfortable with.
- Subscribe to Online Coaching: Platforms like BYJU'S Exam Prep offer UGC NET Online Coaching to help candidates realize their goals of attaining a high score in the exam. Subscribing to online coaching classes will provide the correct guidance to crack the exam.
- Make a timetable for preparation: Firstly draft the timetable topic-wise. Candidates can allocate time depending on their capability. Candidates must make sure they go through the entire syllabus once or twice so that no topic is left out.
- Gather preparation material: Candidates can refer to their Post Graduation Books, Wikipedia, Websites, and Video Tutorials for preparation. Candidates must try to study each topic in detail from wherever they find the best content. They should also prepare short notes during the preparation which will help to revise further. Candidates must check the UGC NET Books for the management syllabus here.
- Solve Previous year's papers: Candidates must try to solve at least 6 or 7 previous year’s question papers after understanding the syllabus. After solving the question paper, candidates must analyze their answers and mistakes. They must revise the concepts again to further avoid similar mistakes.
- Practice Mock Test Online: In order to get a taste of the real examination, Candidates should put themselves into that environment by taking as many online UGC NET Mock Test as possible. Candidates will get comfortable with the online pattern and get to know where they stand amongst the UGC NET Management aspirants. It is better to attempt at least 10-12 mock tests before the final exam.
- Revision is the key: After analyzing the strong and weak topics through mock tests the next step is revision. Go through all the notes which you have prepared and revise them as many times as possible.
Best Books for UGC NET Management Syllabus 2023
For the targeted preparation for the Management exam, candidates must go through the UGC NET Management Books to start their preparation with the right efforts. The first step is to check the UGC NET Management syllabus and identify the topics that are covered. Also, it is important to check the edition as it is crucial to refer to the latest updated versions of the books.
List of Books
Principles & Practice of Business Management
T.N. CHHABRA (Dhanpat Rai & Co.)
Human Resource Management
K Aswathappa or Garry Dessler or Tripati
M Y Khan & P K Jain
Fred R. David & Forest R. David
Just imbibe these tips in your preparation strategy, and you will definitely crack the NTA UGC NET Management paper with a good score. Work smart enough to get better results.
Commentswrite a comment