Features of System Software
Typically, system software comprises the following features:
- Written in a simple programming language. The central processor unit (CPU) and other computer hardware must be able to read the computer language used to write system software.
- Versatile. The higher-level application software, which is typically hardware-agnostic and frequently has no direct link to the hardware it operates on, must communicate with both the specialized hardware it runs on and the system software in order to function. Other programs that rely on system software must be supported as they change and evolve.
- difficult to manipulate. It frequently calls for the usage of a programming language, which is harder to use than a simpler user interface (UI).
- nearby the system. It establishes a direct connection with the computer's operating system's hardware.
- high rate. For the computer system's higher-level software to operate effectively, system software must be as efficient as feasible.
The operating system is the most common type of ________ software. (A) Application (B) Communication (C) System (D) Malicious.
The most prevalent kind of system software is the operating system. Applications for computer systems are developed to act as a foundation for other software. There are various types of OS available in the market.