The Second day of IBPS RRB PO Prelims 2018 Exam begins today. Many of you have appeared and will appear in the upcoming shifts of the exam. The overall level of the exam is of the Moderate level.
In this article, we are sharing the important memory based questions which were shared by the candidates who have appeared in today's exam held on 12th August 2018.
Questions asked in IBPS RRB Officer Prelims 2018
Quantitative aptitude section
Number Series Questions asked in the first shift
Qs1. 5, 4, 7, 20, 79 ?
5 x 1-1 =4
Qs2. 3.9, 5.5, 8.7, 13.5, ?, 27.9
3.9 + 1.6 = 5.5
5.5 + 3.2 (1.6 + 1.6)= 8.7
8.7 + 4.8 (3.2+1.6) = 13.5
13.5 + 6.4 (4.8 + 1.6)= 19.9 (ans)
19.9 + 8.0 (6.4 + 1.6)= 27.9
Qs3. 5040, 720, 120, 24, ?
5040/7 = 720
720/6 = 120
120/5 = 24
24/4 = 6 (ans)
Qs4. 800, ?, 600, 1500, 5250, 23625
800 x 0.5 = 400 (ans)
400 x 1.5 = 600
600 x 2.5 = 1500
1500 x 3.5 =5250
5250 x 4.5 = 23625
Qs5. 220, 224, 208, 272, 16, ?
220 + 4 = 224
224 - 16 = 208
208 + 64 = 272
272 - 256 = 16
16 + 1024 = 1040 (ans)
Miscellaneous questions asked in the first shift
(1) 2 person's monthly salary ratio is 2:1, and their expenditure are 8000, 6000 respectively, their savings is in ratio 3:1, what is the annual salary of the first person?
(2) Father was twice of his elder son 10 years ago, if their age difference is 15, and younger son is 3 years small in the age of elder son, then what is the present age of younger son?
(3) Salary of a person decreased by 20% per year, after 3 years what will be the percentage of decreased salary in respect of total salary?
(4) When 40% of a number is added with that number and its result multiplied by 20, then the result becomes 560?
(5) One person invest rupees 8400 for a year and another person 7200 for 8 months, if their total profit is 6050 then what will be the profit of the first person?
(6) If the average of three numbers n1, n2, n3 is 37 and two numbers n1 and the n2 average is 23 then what will be the 2/5th of the third number?
(7) 28 male can do a work in 12 days and 33f can do the same work in 20 days then 48 days work of one man and 60 days work of one female
(8) Upstream of a boat is 12.5 and boat in still water is 20 then distance covered by a boat in 4 hours in downstream?
Shift 3 Quant Questions
X^4-4>0 is X>0?
Direction: Study the information given below and answer the questions based on it.
In a certain code language,
‘on stage of dream’ is coded as ‘do me ra su’
‘empower scheme stage of bank customers’ is coded as ‘ti la ra su ju ve’
‘on stage scheme’ is coded as ‘su me la’
‘dream of bank customers’ is coded as ‘do ti ve ra’.
Qs: How is ‘empower’ coded in the given code language?
Qs: What does the code ‘me’ stand for in the given code language?
Sample Qs (Single Qs)
Qs. The positions of how many digits in the number 837912 will remain unchanged after the digits within the number are rearranged in descending order? (From left to right)
Ans - One (7 is unchanged).
Qs. If it is possible to make only one meaningful word with the first, second, sixth and tenth letters of the word DISCLAIMER, which of the following will be the third letter from the left? If no such word can be made, give 'X' as your answer and if more than one such words can be made, give 'Y' as the answer.
Ans - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
D I S C L A I M E R
first, second, sixth and tenth letters are - D, I, A R
Meaningful world - RAID, ARID
Qs: How many such pairs of letters are there in the word PRODUCTION, each of which has as many letters between them in the word (in both forward and backward directions) as they have between them in the English alphabetical series?
Ans - Three pairs - ON, IP, RU
Sample Qs (Inequality)
Direction: In the following question, some statements are followed by some conclusions. Assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions follow(s) the given statements and choose the appropriate answer choice.
Statements: T>K>M, O<S=R, A>P, O=N>M, R>A
From I, T>N, we can’t compare T and N so I do not follow.
From II, M<S, clearly II follows.
From III, O>A, we can’t compare O and A so III does not follow.
So, only II follows.
Qs: Statement: N≤K≥M<Y=Z>F>T
I. K>F – No relation
II. Y>T – True
1. IBPS RRB PO Prelims 2018 Exam Analysis (12 Aug) First Shift
2. IBPS RRB PO Prelims 2018 Exam Analysis (12 Aug) Second Shift
These questions were framed as per the reviews of the students. We will keep uploading more questions for all the shifts as per your feedback
Note: If you remember any question from the exam, feel free to share it in the comments section!
Attempt Free Mock for IBPS RRB 2018 here!
All the best for your exams,
Commentswrite a comment