Hi friends. As pointed out in previous article, facts play important role in State Civil services exams (SCSEs). Current affairs questions are mostly factual in almost all the state civil services exams. This initiative will not only help UPPSC aspirants but all the aspirants preparing for SCSEs. This one-liner Current Affairs initiative will be posted from Monday to Thursday at 3 P.M. and will not only help in easy remembering of important news facts but will also serve as ready reference for quick revision during exam time.
- Veteran leader has received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as a Lok Sabha member ____LK Advani (BJP member)
- Veteran leader who received the Lifetime Achievement Award as a Rajya Sabha MP ____Sharad Yadav. (JD(U) leader)
- The union minister ‘Arun Jaitley’ has launched a new pension scheme for the senior citizens in new Delhi____ ‘Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana’
- The railway station has become the India’s first station to run by all women staff____ Matunga railway station Mumbai (Central railways)
- The science & technology ministry has launched a low-cost indigenously developed hearing screening device for newborns ___Sohum
- US House of Representatives has passed a bill that proposes to advance defence cooperation with___India
- The World Youth Skills Day is observed globally every year on _____15th July.
Note: The theme of 2017 is "Skills for the Future of Work".
- In 2014, The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had established World Youth Skills Day to raise awareness about the importance of investing in youth skills development.
- Won the gold at World Para Athletics Championships ____ Sundar Singh Gurjar.
Note: Sundar Singh Gurjar has won the gold in the men's javelin throw event at the 2017 World Para Athletics Championships in London.
- Venue for 2017 World Para Athletics Championships____Olympic Stadium London (United Kingdom)
- The Asian Development Bank supplement report has projected India’s growth rate in 2017 ____ 7.4%.
- The Oscar-winning American film and television actor passed away at UCLA Medical Center due to unexpected complications during a short hospitalization___ Martin Landau.
Note: He won his Academy Award (Oscars) for his poignant portrayal of washed-up Bela Lugosi in 1994’s Tim Burton’s Ed Wood.
- Newly appointed MD & CEO of Oriental Bank of Commerce _____ Mukesh Kumar Jain.
Commentswrite a comment