GATE 2022 is the most ultimate exam for all engineering graduates which provides life-changing results, hence each candidate must plan your studies for the exam at least 4 or 5 months before the GATE Exam for the best outcomes. You should plan the strategy to give enough time for GATE preparation to complete the syllabus. It is required that candidates must do a proper analysis of the GATE syllabus before starting the preparation, such as to know the subjects, topics of each subject, and identify the order of subjects for preparation according to the weightage in GATE.
Apart from the syllabus, there may be many queries arising in the mind of aspirants during their preparations for the GATE exam. So here Gradeup has answered the most common and important FAQ for GATE preparations which are common among the candidates.
Important Tips for GATE preparation
- Know the complete syllabus
- Find all-important resources to study
- Schedule the preparation and prepare every day
- Make short revision notes
- Practice Quizzes/tests
- Participate Mock Tests
In the beginning, it may be required to motivate yourself to start the preparation. Here is a list of important FAQs which can motivate for starting the GATE preparation.
Which subject is best to start the preparation?
- Start with an easy and interesting subject.
- Mathematics is the best subject to begin the GATE preparation.
- Understand concepts and formulas and then practice questions and quizzes for each topic.
- After the completion of each topic, practice the GATE questions.
How many hours are required for each day preparation?
- It is a good idea to spend at least 2 to 3 hours on GATE preparation.
- Revise your preparation on the same day to recall all the concepts that you have studied.
- Finally, it is important that how many topics you have studied rather than the number of hours.
How many books need to study for each subject?
- Choose one or two books that can cover the complete syllabus for the subject.
- Initially, one standard book is sufficient for each subject.
- Do not waste your time reading one subject, because it is also important to complete all the remaining subjects.
- Sometimes you may be required online lectures or videos whenever difficult to understand from books.
How many days are required to complete the GATE syllabus?
- It will take a minimum of 3 months for the GATE preparation.
- If you are studying in the final year, it will definitely take you more time to balance your studies along with GATE preparation.
- It is recommended to prepare daily for 2 to 3 hours and continue till the GATE exam.
Which material is good for preparation?
- If you are preparing yourself, Standard books are good for preparation.
- If you have joined any coaching institute, prepare class notes and also prepare books for some topics which are difficult to understand from class notes.
- You may read from online lectures to save your time.
- For practising, solve previous year GATE questions.
- Practice online quizzes and tests to score better with Gradeup.
Is it necessary to Join GATE coaching?
- Self-preparation is the best way to prepare the GATE.
- GATE coaching may guide you in the right direction when you are not self-motivated.
- Try to use GradeUp App to discuss all your doubts during your preparation.
How to prepare for the GATE Exam with Gradeup?
- Daily preparation as suggested by Gradeup mentors with the daily study plan.
- Topic-wise preparation and attempt quizzes posted on gradeup, discuss all your doubts any time.
- Attempt mock test and join test series on gradeup.
- you can find complete information about GATE, study notes, daily quizzes, mock tests, formula notes, doubts discussion, books, etc.
What are the tips for GATE preparation?
If you are preparing for GATE 2022, avail of GRADEUP SUPER to get unlimited access to all the live structured courses and mock tests from the following link :
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!