Note the below section to get an idea of the section-wise CLAT 2024 Study Plan to complete the syllabus on time. There are 5 sections in CLAT Exam, and it is important to make a chapter-wise study plan for each of the exam sections.
CLAT Study Plan for English Language
The difficulty level of passage will pertain to the general understanding of a class 12th student. Normally the passage (450 words) based questions are asked in this section.
- Language skills and Comprehension
- Drawing an inference from the given passage
- Identify the core issues on which the passage is based
Below are some expert plans to study the CLAT English Language section that you can follow during your preparation. Check CLAT Eligibility Criteria to avoid the last-minute cancellation of the application.
- Fixed a schedule for daily 2-hour preparation
- Try to cover 2-3 topics in one day
- Attempt chapter-wise questions regularly
CLAT Study Plan 2024 for Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
This particular section will also contain a passage of around 450 words. All these passages will contain information from news and non-fiction, not particularly based on the legal domain, as prior knowledge of the law is not tested in CLAT. The candidates will face questions on the below-mentioned topics:
- Modern History (1600-1947)
- Art and Culture (India)
- Contemporary International Relations/Affairs
- Current Affairs of national and international importance
There is no defined syllabus for this section, so try to maintain the below CLAT Study Plan for this section.
- Approx 1-1:30 hours of daily study
- Read the newspaper daily and stay up to date with the current events
- Make notes for all the important events (For both national and international news)
- Attempt mock tests atleast twice in a week to analyze your preparation level.
Study Plan for CLAT for Legal Reasoning
It is the core of the question paper. One needs to excel in reading and comprehension to attempt the paper holistically. The knowledge regarding fundamental legal principles enshrined in the constitution can vastly enhance the chance of an applicant in securing good marks in the CLAT. Legal awareness of an applicant helps him/her in understanding the background of the questions as CLAT now focuses more on comprehension and drawing relevancy along with inferences from a given passage/circumstance.
Below are some important tips for covering Legal Reasoning for CLAT.
- Complete around 3-4 topics each day
- Invest 2 hours of time daily in your CLAT Study Plan for this section
- Make chapter-wise revisions daily to gain a good grasp
CLAT Study Plan for Logical Reasoning
This section analyzes the basics of the applicants' critical aspects by assigning 9-10 passages with a total of around 29-30 questions. Puzzles, Circular Arrangements, Syllogism, and Inequality determine the maximum chunk of questions in this section. You need to practice a lot to be acquainted with the questions that are asked to solve them in less time.
- A daily investment of 2 hours must be included in your CLAT Study Plan to complete this section. Additionally, you can follow the below plan:
- Make important notes
- Read the concepts first, then solve the questions
- Solve CLAT Sample Paper lots of times to increase your speed and accuracy.
- Only through guidance and practice, one can master the art of solving logical reasoning questions as it is set on a definite pattern.
CLAT 2024 Study Plan for Quantitative Techniques
This particular section deals with examining the basic arithmetic of the candidates by assigning 5-6 passages to interpret the data given thereto with a total of 15 - 17 questions. Graphical representation or passage follows a set of questions derived from that particular data to test the analytical ability of the candidates. Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Profit & Loss, along with time & work, determine the maximum chunk of questions in this section.
The questions will be elementary which is up to the level of 10th standard, and there is no need to further dive into the secondary stage of mathematics that is there in the syllabus of classes XI & XII. Below is some CLAT Study Plan that you can follow to complete this section
- Make notes of all the important formulas.
- Solve CLAT Previous Year Question Paper to understand the questions' trends and difficulty level
- Invest 3 hours daily to prepare this section.
- Revise the formulas or the important chapters in your free time.