Last-minute tips can help you feel more confident before the GIC Assistant Manager 2021 exam. Today, we have provided you with some last-minute exam tips for the GIC Assistant Manager exam, which will help you put the finishing touches on your preparation and better strategize the exam.
Last-minute preparation strategies and methods for the GIC AM exam will surely help you in some way to secure a safe score in the examination to be conducted on 29th August 2021. Therefore, it is recommended that you read the entire article to avoid missing any vital information.
GIC Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2021 (General Stream)
Let's first discuss the exam pattern of the GIC Assistant Manager 2021 exam. Then we can further discuss the last-minute tips and strategies.
Number of Questions
PART A (Objective)
Higher-Order Reasoning Ability/Critical Thinking
PART B (Objective)
Test of Reasoning
Test of English Language(Special focus will be given to grammar and vocabulary)
Test of General Awareness
Test of Numerical Ability & Computer Literacy
Part C (Descriptive)
|Essay and precise writing|
Last-Minute Tips for GIC Assistant Manager 2021 Exam
1. You must be able to efficiently manage your time in order to pass the exam. Do not blindly go for all the questions. Select the questions that you are most confident in answering first, bearing in mind your areas of strength.
2. Speed and accuracy are the most important factors in passing the GIC Assistant Manager exam. Try to maintain your speed and accuracy throughout the exam.
3. Please remember that each wrong answer will cost you 0.25 marks of the negative marks.
4. Start revising the relevant formula and tables immediately, as this is the best time to do so.
5. One of the most essential elements is to avoid starting any new or unfamiliar topics because this will produce anxiety and confusion.
6. Until the day of the exam, prepare for the GIC Assistant Manager mock tests.
Tips for Reasoning Ability Section
- On this subject, a total of 60 questions will be asked including PART A and PART B.
- Your order of attempt should be as
(d) Direction sense & blood relation
(e) If time allows, you can go for the puzzles and seating arrangement section.
- Try to attempt 40+ questions in this section.
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude Section
- 15 questions would be asked from this topic.
- You should attempt the following sections first before moving forward to other sections
- (a) Number Series
(b) Simplification/ Approximation
(c) Quadratic Equations
(d) Data Interpretation (Maximum questions will be based on percentage, average, and ratio - proportion, etc)
(e) At last, you can go for the arithmetic portion, if time permits.
- If you are unsure about a question, move on to the next one and return to it later if time permits.
- In this section, try to answer around 10 questions.
Tips for English Language Section
- Start with the simpler sections, such as error detection, close testing, antonyms-synonyms, match the column, and sentence enhancement.
- Then you can move on to para jumble and reading comprehension, which take a little more time.
- Make an effort to answer at least 20 questions.
- Review the grammar rules and vocabulary words in the closing days.
Tips for General Awareness Section
- Review key points from the previous six months' current events.
- Go through the computer awareness sections' basic definitions.
- Use the links provided below to take practice quizzes.
Major Do’s and Don’t for the GIC Assistant Manager 2021 Exam –
- Do not get excited when the exam begins. Keep your calm and start with the section that you're most familiar with.
- First and foremost, read the questions carefully.
- Try your best to finish the questions on time.
- Avoid guess work as far as possible.
- Be prepared for some surprises, as the exam may include a wide range of new topics.
That concludes the crucial last-minute tips and tricks for the GIC Assistant Manager 2021 exam, which will take place on August 29, 2021. If you have any sorts of doubt, you can ask in the comment box.
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.