Last-Minute Tips for IBPS PO Mains 2022 Exam
Follow the tips mentioned below to score better in the upcoming IBPS PO Mains Exam 2022. Yes, you might have gone through these tips previously, but you need to take proper care of these factors since they’ll play a crucial role in determining how you perform in this exam.
1. Take proper note of the Exam pattern
You must have a clear understanding of the IBPS PO Mains exam pattern. You must know the number of questions that will be asked from different sections, the weightage that they will carry, and the time that you will have on hand to attempt each section.
2. Set your minimum attempts for the exam beforehand
Merely getting through the cutoff won’t be of any big help in this exam. You need to attempt enough questions, to score better. A good number of attempts will give you an added advantage in the final merit list. You will have to attempt 155 questions in 3 hours. You set a target to attempt at least 100 + questions with proper accuracy.
We have shared the minimum attempts that you should target for individual sections and the overall exam below:
Name of the Section
Questions to be attempted
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
Data Interpretation & Analysis
3. Take note of the Accuracy
Remember that there is a negative marking of 1/4th of the mark assigned to a question. So avoid using guesswork. There is no point in losing marks over the questions that you have attempted correctly for a minute of misjudgment. So, be very careful while attempting the questions because if you do not answer the questions accurately, all the efforts you put in will go in vain.
4. Be prepared for surprises
A lot of changes have been introduced in the exams conducted by IBPS this year. IBPS PO Mains 2022 would be no exception. So, prepare yourself for new challenges that can be introduced by IBPS. Don’t be too surprised if the level of the exam is high or you come across new pattern-based questions in this exam because that is exactly what you should expect in this test.
5. Have a clear idea of how you should attempt the exam
Ample time for each section has been allotted beforehand, so as soon as the section starts, skim through the questions quickly and first attempt the questions/ topics that you are well familiar with. Once you attempt sufficient questions to clear the sectional cutoff, move on to the new questions or questions that you find difficult. Follow the same process for each section.
Be very careful while doing calculations, because even a minute error in any step would waste all your hard work and time.
6. Section-wise Tips
Spend at least 2-5 minutes to go over the questions asked in the English, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude section and select the least time-consuming topics to attempt first. Set a target to try at least 7-8 Questions in the first 10 minutes of each section. This way, not only you’ll be close to clearing the sectional cutoff but it will also boost your confidence, and attempting the remaining section would be comparatively easy for you. Try not to spend too much time on any particular question. Spend at least a minute to go through the question and understand what you need to do, but if you can't figure out anything at this time, it would be better to go on to the next question rather than waste your time on it.
7. Stay Calm
A lot of students end up wasting precious time on the exam because they panic or freak out as the exam starts or when they come across any question that they are not able to attempt. As a result, many times they’re not able to attempt even the questions they know very well.
So, no matter what comes your way, keep a clear head. Read the questions carefully and move on to the next one if nothing strikes you within a minute.
Expert Last-Minute Tips for IBPS PO Mains 2022:
- Go through the core concepts of important chapters of all sections. Focus on fundamental chapters and important formulas.
- Go through the previous year's IBPS PO Mains cut off to understand the competition level.
- You can go through the previous year's IBPS PO Mains question paper to understand the types of questions that can be asked in this year.
- Focus on Data interpretation and puzzles as these 2 sections will consist of the maximum weightage in the quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability section.
- Do not stick to a particular question if you can not solve it.
We would like to quote Franklin D. Roosevelt here,
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
So friends, have faith in yourself and your dreams. Don't worry about the result of the exam. You have already encountered one hurdle by clearing the Preliminary phase of this exam. You are merely a step away from success. Give your best in the exam. Believe in yourself and your hard work will pay off.
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.