For three decades, we have set a proper framework for all the procedures. Today, the banking system is widely classified as,
- Retails Banks
- Mutual Banks
- Commercial banks
- Foreign Exchange banks
- Online banks
- Credit Unions
- Exchange banks
- Co-operative banks
- Agricultural banks
- Industrial banks
- Central banks
- Saving banks
- Private banks
Banking and financial acronyms are very frequently asked in most banking examinations. Going through the list of full forms will help the candidates in scoring better.
Banking Full Form List - All Banking Abbreviations
Here is the list of Banking and financial acronyms:
- AEPS: Aadhar Enabled Payment System
- APBS: Aadhar Payment Bridge System
- ATM: Automated Teller Machine
- ALM: Asset Liability Management
- AIIB: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- AMFI: Association of Mutual Funds in India
- BIS: Bureau of Indian Standards
- BBPS: Bharat Bill Payment System
- BCA -Baseline Credit Assessment
- BHIM - Bharat Interface for Money
- BLRA: Bank Led Resolution Approach
- CBL: Chest Balance Limit
- CMFRI: Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute
- CBS: Core Banking System
- CIDR: Central Identities Data Repository
- CTS: Cheque Truncation System
- CDR: Corporate Debt Restructuring
- CASA: Current Account Saving Account
- CAD: Capital Account Deficit
- CRA: Counterparty Risk Assessment
- CRR: Cash Reserve Ratio
- DNS: Domain Name System
- DEAF: Depositor Education and Awareness Fund
- DTC: Direct Tax Code.
- DTAA: Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement.
- DII: Domestic Institutional Investor.
- DIDF: Dairy Processing Infrastructure Development Fund.
- EFTPOS: Electronic funds transfer at point of sale
- EFT: Electronic Fund Transfer.
- ECS: Electronic Clearing Service
- ECB: External Commercial Borrowing.
- EEFC: Exchange Earner's Foreign Currency.
- EFSF: European Financial Stability Facility.
- ELSS: Equity Linked Saving Scheme.
- EPS: Earnings per Share.
- EPOS: Electronic Point Of Sale.
- ETF: Exchange Traded Fund.
- EMV: Europay, MasterCard, Visa.
- FRBM: Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management
- FII: Foreign Institutional Investor.
- FCNRA: Foreign Currency Non- Resident account.
- FEMA: Foreign Exchange Management Act.
- FPI: Foreign Portfolio Investment.
- FRN: Floating Rate Note.
- FINO: Financial Inclusion Network and Operation Limited.
- GDP: Gross Domestic Product
- GAAR: General Anti Avoidance Rule
- GIRO: Government Internal Revenue Order
- GMS: Gold Monetization Scheme
- GST: Goods and Service Tax
- GSTN: Goods and Services Network
- GNP: Gross National Product
- GNFV: Gross Negative Fair Value
- HCE: Host Card Emulation
- IBA: Indian Bank Associations.
- ICA: Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- IIB: International Investment Bank
- ICICI: Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
- ICRA: Indian Credit Rating Agency.
- IRBI: Industrial Reconstruction Bank Of India
- IPPB: India Post Payments Bank
- IBRD: International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- IFSC: Indian Financial System Code
- ISCI: International Standard Industrial Classification
- IMPS: Immediate Payment Service
- IMF: International Monetary Fund
- IRDA: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
- INFINET: Indian Financial Network
- IPO: Initial Public Offering
- IROs: Interest Rate Options
- ICAAP: Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process
- IBBI: Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
- IIP: Index of Industrial Production
- KYC: Know Your Customer
- KCC: Kisan Credit Card
- KMB: Kotak Mahindra Bank
- KVB: Karur Vysya Bank
- KVP: Kisan Vikas Patra
- KVIC: Khadi and Village Industries Corporation
- LGD: Loss Given Default
- LTV: Loan To Value
- LRS: Liberalized Remittance Scheme
- LCR: Liquidity Coverage Ratio
- LIBOR: London Inter-Bank Offered Rate.
- LAB: Local Area Bank
- LAF: Liquidity Adjustment Facility
- LAMPS: Large-Sized Adivasi Multipurpose Societies
- LIC: Life Insurance Company
- LTCG: Long Term Capital Gains
- MMID: Mobile Money Identifier
- MPIN: Mobile Personal Identification Number
- MCLR: Marginal Cost of fund-based Lending Rate.
- MTN: Medium Term Note.
- MUDRA: Micro Units Development And Refinance Agency.
- MFI: Micro Finance Institutions.
- MFDC: Micro Finance Development Council.
- MSF: Marginal Standing Facility.
- MIBOR: Mumbai Inter-Bank Offered Rate.
- MICR: Magnetic Ink Character Recognition.
- NPA: Non- Performing Assets
- NSFR: Net Stable Funding Ratio
- NPCI: National Payment Corporation of India
- NFS: National Financial Switch
- NSFR: Net Stable Funding Ratio
- NACH: National Automated Clearing House
- NEFT: National Electronic Fund Transfer
- NFC: Near field communication
- NDTL: Net Demand and Time Liabilities.
- NASSCOM: National Association of Software and Services Companies
- NIIF: National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
- NABARD: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
- NSSF: National Small Savings Fund
- NPV: Net Present Value.
- NRETP: National Rural Economic Transformation Project
- OTC: Over the Counter.
- OTP: One-Time Password.
- OECD: Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- OECO: Organisation for Economic Co-operation.
- OCB: Overseas Corporate Bodies
- OMO: Open Market Operations
- OLTAS: Online Tax Accounting System
- OTCEI: Over the Counter Exchange of India
- PIN Personal Identification Number.
- PPP Purchasing Power Parity/ Public-Private Partnership.
- PFRDA Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
- PIS Portfolio Investment Scheme
- PRSF Partial Risk Sharing Facility
- PACS Primary Agricultural Credit Societies
- PSB Public Sector Bank.
- PCR: Public Credit Registry
- PCR: Provisioning Coverage Ratio
- PSPs: Payment Support Providers
- QIB - Qualified Institutional Bankers.
- RIDF - Rural Infrastructure Development Fund.
- RNR - Revenue Neutral Rate.
- RWA - Risk-Weightedfft9 Asset.
- RTGS – Real Time Gross Settlement.
- SFTs: Securities financing transactions
- SARFAESI: Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest.
- SENSEX: Sensitive Index of Stock Exchange.
- SIDBI: Small Industries Development Bank of India
- SLR: Statutory Liquidity Ratio.
- SLRS: Scheme for Liberation and Rehabilitation of Scavengers
- SIPS: Systematically Important Payment System
- SPNS: Shared Payment Network System
- SWIFT: Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication.
- TC-CCP: Third-Country Central Counterparty
- TRR: Temporary Recognition Regime
- TReDS: Trade Receivables Discounting System
- TDS: Tax Deducted at Source
- TORA: Transparency of Rules Act
- TRAI: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
- TIEA: Tax Information Exchange Agreement
- UIDAI: Unique Identification Development Authority of India.
- UTI: Unit Trust of India
- UPIN: Unique Property Identification Numbers
- USSD: Unstructured Supplementary Service Data
- UPI: United Payment Interface.
- VPA: Virtual Payment Address
- VAT: Value Added tax
- WBCIS: Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme
- WCTL: Working Capital Term Loan
- WMA: Ways and Means Advances
- WPI: Wholesale Price Index
- YTM: Yield To Maturity
All the best!
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai.